Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Monthly post count error?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Monthly post count error? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know it's probably not a big deal, but I'm just curious as to how I already have posts in December, when it's not December for another 3 hours.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's because the monthly post count is set on Greenwich time GMT 0
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's set to GMT-4, the default for the registration process. In any case, the post counter's time is not set to your local time by default. It has its own time and that is why it thinks it is December even though for you, it may not be December yet. Thus, you have posted in the future. :o

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I've noticed that before-- I thought it was pretty unusual. Explanation makes sense, though. Nothing to get huffy over. heh. I also notice how I can raise my own fame twice in "one" day due to this fact, by checking it once at say, 5 o'clock, and other time at say, 11 o'clock. :o

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm just curious as to how I already have posts in December

I noticed something similar myself several months back but, as others have pointed out, the logical assumption is that the post breakdowns are based upon the board's time rather than the time zone for each individual member.

Quote:
I also notice how I can raise my own fame twice in "one" day due to this fact, by checking it once at say, 5 o'clock, and other time at say, 11 o'clock.

I doubt that would work consistently, since it would still work off of a 24 hour period, so if you hadn't checked your profile for several days, you might be able to take advantage of the "overlap" but if you regularly checked your profile each day, it would still only register a one point increase since you had previously used the initial view.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: