Suikoden United and Infamous Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Crysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Crysis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its been out for a while over in the US but it was released on Friday just gone here in New Zealand. I bought the special edition the same day and have been playing it whenever I get the chance ever since.

I love the game, the graphics are awesome, the AI is pretty smart and there are lots of ways to do any given part of the game. In my first play through I've been playing sniper, crawling around and taking people out with headshots then disappearing with the cloak.

I thought before I got the game that you would be pretty overpowered, I mean super strength & speed + invisibility it makes one think of Predator. It is pretty nicely balanced though, primarily because you have to choose between these abilities and when you're not in super armor mode you are actually pretty fragile. Also being able to change your guns on the fly is an awesome addition, playing the sniper game this allows me to use a proper scope to snipe people from a distance then switch to a reflex sight when enemies get closer. Add to this the versatile and useful vehicle modes and its a pretty solid all around game.

The story seems quite interesting to boot, you're thrown into this situation and there's some really buzzy stuff going on that always keeps you on your toes.

Anyone else playing this game? Surely there must be...

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id really like to play Crysis but from what I hear from other forums Ive been to, it takes nothing short of a mega computer to enjoy one of this games greatest features; its graphics. I would have happily bought this game if it was a console release. I just dont have the cash to revamp my PC.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I enjoyed playing this game when I was over at my friends house I really don't have the inclination or time to upgrade my computer to supercomputer status just to play one game. Really, this game can really only be enjoyed with a super high-end gaming rig. My friend pretty much spent close to 3 grand upgrading everything on his custom PC to get this game to run smoothly with all settings on high.

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there anything to this game aside from the omg graphics. After Portal I can't stand another generic fps attempt.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The abilities you get in Crysis are cool, while it is true that a lot of the emphasis on this game has been "ZOMG hAWT GRAPHIX" the game itself is pretty solid. Its sorta like Farcry in that it gives you a large map with enemy vehicles and patrols and the like moving around constantly, and there's no one way to do much of the scenarios. For example at one point you need to infiltrate a camp across a bridge, however the bridge is extremely rickety and often is destroyed in your attempt to cross or in my case before I even got there. This means you've got to either find a vehicle and drive in from the back with guns blazing or leg it up the hill on foot.

Same with killing enemies, you can sniper em with interchangable scopes on your rifles, run in there and gun them down with a spray from your machine gun, run them over, switch to strength mode and give em a good chuck norris punch, you can even pick them up by the throat and throw them at trees and the like. Enemies are smart though, so you don't want to just run in there and start punching them up, they hide and flank you and throw grenades and call for backup.

Basically what I'm saying is that beyond the graphics its a solid shooter with a lot of interaction (you can literally pick nearly anything up, can shoot down trees, burst tyres, drive any vehicle you come across, throw objects to create a distraction...), smart AI and a lot of really intense cinematic moments.

You don't have to have a beefy PC for the game, my PC is a couple of years old and I can run it on a mix of medium and high detail. The only thing I'll say is don't bother if you're only going to be able to play the game on low graphics settings, its uggggly.

This article compares the different detail levels with screenies and stuff.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182806/index.html?om_act=convert&om_c lk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: