Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

American Gladiator Remake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: American Gladiator Remake Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's right there remaking the hit show american gladiator on nbc. i don't know much about it besides that they signed Hulk Hogan to be the host. it will be filmed next month and air as a midseason prime-time replacement.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For pure cheese-factor this show will so fail if the opposing home team's member names are not Laser, Blaze and Blazer. Plus, they will need to have a guy named Nitro.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

H'oh lord. I remember watching American gladiator back when I was a little kid. That show was so..very cheesy and out there. But yeah, I totally loved it. I dunno how to feel about it coming back though. I can already see it being all..reality show like.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow. I watched this show with my brother back in the day, but I bet I would completely dislike it if I watched it again at this age. Oh well, I'll probably force myself to watch one of the newer ones and then never watch it again. This did bring back some memories though, so thanks.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? The Hulkamaniac isn't a gladiator, himself!? That would have made it twenty times more fun to watch!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's a press release on it.

Quote:
NBC Universal issued the following press release today.

WRESTLING LEGEND HULK HOGAN TO HOST THE RETURN OF POPULAR COMPETITION SERIES "AMERICAN GLADIATORS" COMING TO NBC MIDSEASON

BURBANK – October 3, 2007 – Wrestling legend and television icon Hulk Hogan ("Hogan Knows Best") will flex his hosting muscle for NBC's latest midseason primetime offering, the return of the competition series "American Gladiators."

The announcement was made today by Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Development and Specials, NBC Entertainment.

"Hulk Hogan is an American icon," said Plestis. "For over twenty years he has been a symbol of strength and toughness in all facets of entertainment. His electrifying personality will no doubt inspire Herculean efforts from our everyday challengers. There is no one more qualified to host this program."

"Hulk Hogan is going to rock the American viewing public as the host of 'American
Gladiators,'" said "American Gladiators" executive producer and Reveille Managing Director Howard T. Owens. "This is the ultimate television vehicle for the ultimate action television star, The Hulk!"

"Gladiator-mania is gonna be running wild, brother," said Hogan.

A former WWE Champion many times over, Hogan is one of the most well known wrestlers of all-time. Throughout the course of his extraordinary career, Hogan has accomplished things no other wrestler has. He is the only wrestler ever to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated, he has headlined 10 WrestleManias and he's starred in numerous major motion pictures. Most recently Hogan, along with his family, opened their home to the American public starring in the reality show "Hogan Knows Best" which documents their every day life. In 2005, Hogan's illustrious career earned him an induction into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of fame by long time friend Sylvester Stallone.

This show marks the first time Hogan has hosted a competition series.

"American Gladiators," the iconic event/competition show, returns with a fresh modern reinvention for the 21st century. Using splashy twists including special effects, water skills and the latest technology, the classic games will be upgraded with even higher thrills, impact, energy and spectacle.

Celebrating the everyday, true American heroes -- weekend warriors who excel and take pride in their physical fitness -- contestants will go up against the show's gladiators -- charismatic and eclectic warriors -- in the ultimate David & Goliath battle. As in MGM's traditional "American Gladiators" franchise, everyday amateur athletes compete against action stars and stunt professionals in contests of physical strength and endurance. The series will include such classic events as The Joust, The Wall, Hang Tough and the Eliminator.

The eight new gladiators (four men and four women) are action-adventure stars ready to take down the everyday challengers with hard knocks and explosive attitudes. Each challenger will also have a unique story to tell -- and a compelling reason why they need to win. These unsung heroes combine brawn and heart in their effort to be worthy competitors, which the audience can cheer for against the villainous gladiators.

The new series will be produced by MGM Television (the original producers of the show) and Reveille (NBC's "The Office" and "The Biggest Loser," "Nashville Star," "Ugly Betty"). Reveille's Mark Koops, Howard T. Owens and David Hurwitz ("Fear Factor") are the executive producers.

About Reveille:
Founded in March 2002 by Ben Silverman (now Co-Chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios), Reveille is a leading independent production and distribution company focused on exploiting worldwide intellectual property rights through scripted and alternative television formats. Reveille produces innovative entertainment programming across all television genres such as the award-winning shows "The Office" (NBC), which has received three Emmy Awards, one Golden Globe Award, two Television Critics Association Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Peabody Award; "Ugly Betty" (ABC), winner of three Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award as well as a Peabody Award, an NAACP Image Award and a GLAAD Media Award; and "The Tudors" (Showtime), winner of two Emmy Awards. Reveille also produces "The Biggest Loser" (NBC); "Identity" (NBC); "House of Boateng" (Sundance Channel); "30 Days" (FX); "Blow Out" (Bravo); "Bound For Glory" (ESPN); "Nashville Star" (USA); "Date My Mom" (MTV); and "The Restaurant" (NBC). Reveille is the world leader in creating integrated marketing opportunities for leading advertisers while developing alternative financing paradigms. In addition, Reveille distributes its growing library of programming, along with a broad array of programming acquired from independent producers and U.S. networks, to more than 150 countries worldwide through Reveille International. The company also creates, acquires and develops a broad slate of diverse films through its feature film division, Reveille Motion Pictures. Reveille's offices are located in Los Angeles.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the latest on this is that it will air on january 18 2008 on nbc. no time on when it will show yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: