Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V's Prosperity Set...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V's Prosperity Set... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh. So I was just reading a FAQ that claims you can have as much Prosperity gear as you'd like, equipped to one character, to maximize the amount of potch received after random encounters. I could have sworn that I'd previously read that this was not the case... that you needed to have Prosperity equipment spread out amongst different party members in order to maximize potch received. Anyone know the definitive answer to this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A full prosperity set on one character will give you a 200% potch boost, however it doesn't stack with extra Prosperity Rings. For the best results give one of the pieces to another character and give everyone a bunch of Prosperity Rings.

For even more potch give someone a Prosperity Rune and fill your party with characters that have the Potch Finder, Thief and Treasure Hunt skills.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they only meant that you should spread Prosperity Rings to all party members, but keep one set to one of the characters.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Justice Johnny wrote:
I think they only meant that you should spread Prosperity Rings to all party members, but keep one set to one of the characters.

No, if you have the whole Prosperity Set on one character it negates the effect of any extra Prosperity Rings you have on your team.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
Justice Johnny wrote:

No, if you have the whole Prosperity Set on one character it negates the effect of any extra Prosperity Rings you have on your team.

OK, so let's say I have 3 out of the 4 Prosperity Set armor pieces equipped on the Prince. Plus, I still have the Prince equipped with the Prosperity Ring that you get early in the game in Rainwall. Will this work, or am I better off giving the Prosperity Ring to someone else? Sorry if I'm being a little dense. ;)

Last edited by BlackKnightYuber on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems your still early? In the game maybe. I don't remember when, but Prosperity Rings become buyable after a certain point in the game. But what Hawk and JJ are saying is, say you have a full prosperity set, Hat, Gloves, Tunic the whole shindig. Equiping the full set on the prince will give you a full bonus of 200% to the amount of potch you get after battle. But if you move say the hat to another character, and then equip all six characters with three prosperity rings and any extra prosperity set piece you have lying around, the bonus becomes bigger than 200% Potch after the battle.

And what they were discussing is, some people say when you equip a full prosperity set on someone, any additional rings or pieces on another character are negated, while other people say this isn't true. I've heard both from reputable sources, so I'm not actually sure and am far to lazy to test myself!

My tip would be, don't worry about prosperity sets and just buy and sell gold and pearls alllll day long! Or if you're good, unlock the higher tradables and do them too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Seems your still early? In the game maybe. I don't remember when, but Prosperity Rings become buyable after a certain point in the game. But what Hawk and JJ are saying is, say you have a full prosperity set, Hat, Gloves, Tunic the whole shindig. Equiping the full set on the prince will give you a full bonus of 200% to the amount of potch you get after battle. But if you move say the hat to another character, and then equip all six characters with three prosperity rings and any extra prosperity set piece you have lying around, the bonus becomes bigger than 200% Potch after the battle.

And what they were discussing is, some people say when you equip a full prosperity set on someone, any additional rings or pieces on another character are negated, while other people say this isn't true. I've heard both from reputable sources, so I'm not actually sure and am far to lazy to test myself!

My tip would be, don't worry about prosperity sets and just buy and sell gold and pearls alllll day long! Or if you're good, unlock the higher tradables and do them too.

Thanks for the tips. I'm fairly early on in yet another replay. I have everything but the Prosperity Hat, since I'm not yet at the part where I can recruit Eresh. As for the Prosperity Rings you can purchase, I recall them being in Hershville. Not quite there yet, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: