Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime : What are you watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, having just finished up Lucky Star, Lovely Complex, and Pretty Cure Max Heart I started up watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I've really enjoyed seeing what would happen if you mixed together every single character stereotype into one anime. My favorites would have to be the hikikomori girl and the stalker girl, but it's hard to discount the ever cheerful, upbeat girl. I loved how she dismissed the possibility of the one girl actually being a hikikomori and instead found it much more plausible for her to be a Zashiki Warashi instead. I don't see this anime really going anywhere as far as a plot is concerned, nor is it really set up to. I'm just enjoying the ride.

~Uguu!~
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Started watching Kamichu! because with NaNoWriMo starting today I didn't want to get into anything too serious. Turns out this anime is very cute and amusing which is just what I need to take the edge off potential days of writing stress this coming month :P

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently on volume 10 of Baki the Grappler. Bad ass anime series. I like it a lot.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't it though? I've been trying to get Tull to watch it, and with Geneon possibly being gone for good, now's the time to get it, but to no avail. It was a tossup whether to get a Yurie or a Mika avatar, but obviously Mika won out in the end. Still, I loved Kamichu probably because I love lots of cuteness in my anime. I do so love the current trends of the industry!

~Uguu!~
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha my mate is on that bandwagon SS, he went to Aussie and lent me all his anime he's watched, I've literally got stacks and stacks of cutesy anime that I'm working my way through. I'm breaking it up with things like Blood: The Last Vampire which I saw for the first time earlier this week, because otherwise I'd likely die of the cute overload! My tolerance isn't nearly as high as Jeff's hehe.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, I agree, it does take a high tolerance level to put up with tons of cutsey stuff. Even I have to mix in some violence and some depressing stuff just to balance it all out.

Speaking of Blood: The Last Vampire, I really hope Sony gets off its ass and releases some DVDs of Blood+. I don't watch dubs, so I couldn't care less about what they're showing on tv right now. I just want a subtitled release on DVD. I've been good and stopped downloading when it was licensed, but my patience is wearing thin.

~Uguu!~
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a new list of anime that I am watching :

Mushiuta
Gundam 00
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (still haven't gotten around to watching)
Hayate no Gotoku
Clannad
SPT Blue Comet Layzner

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Speaking of Blood: The Last Vampire, I really hope Sony gets off its ass and releases some DVDs of Blood+. I don't watch dubs, so I couldn't care less about what they're showing on tv right now. I just want a subtitled release on DVD. I've been good and stopped downloading when it was licensed, but my patience is wearing thin.

I'm quite the opposite really, if I can listen to anime in english these days I will. I used to be fussy about VAs and characterisation and stuff, the japanese VAs put a lot more expression into their characters... however it is nice to be able to sit back and just watch anime rather than constantly reading subtitles.

Also on Blood - did you hear they're making a live action movie based on it? May be interesting.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In keeping with my procrastination from Nano-ing, I've finished Kamichu! and moved on to another of my mate's anime. I -tried- Kanon 2006 but couldn't even stand half an episode. Jeff said it has a good story but I'm sorry I can't watch anime where the characters look like that.

So yeh I've moved on to the next on my list, Paradise Kiss. To be honest I knew nothing about this anime before I started watching it, and figured it would be another cutesy romance anime... boy was I suprised! I love the art and though the characters are pretty predictable I do love the way they use patterns in their shading and the whole art style itself. Given the main girl's attitude towards study in the first episode I figured she was pretty smart, and that made her decisions hard to swallow. They do go back and revisit that later in the series though, and though she had the hardcore Japanese study ethic (hence thinking she was smart) - it turns out she was pretty bad in school. That makes her motivation much more understandable IMO. Anyway I'm enjoying it so far.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So..Tonight's Blood + was...Wow. That was just...Wrong beyond words. I don't know what I can really say without going into spoilers on some rage induced curse fest..

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually,I'm watching or reading :

Inuyasha (Anime)
D.Gray-Man (Anime)
One Piece (Anime)
Naruto (Manga)
Tenjhou Tenge (Manga)
Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga)
Bleach (Anime)
Suikoden V : Anthology (I only find the vol.1,it's not the story,it's pure comedy)
(Manga)
Ikkitousen (Manga)
Basilisk (Manga)
Shaman King (Manga)

I want download Suikoden 3 manga...but I don't find...

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've recently got around to watching some of School Days and my initial thoughts are that I hate the main male protagonist, Makoto. He's such a wishy-washy pansy idiot. He really needs to tone it down a few pegs. Further, this anime is really going to have to take a major turn here soon. As I understand it, it has a violent ending, and from what I read of the "bad" endings of the game it's based on, we're gonna wind up with one of the girls going nuts and killing some people, or herself, or everyone and herself. Actually, I want to play that game and get all the bad endings. Kinda sounds like they'd be better than the good ones :) So, I'm glad the anime went with one of them, and I look forward to seeing which one they chose, or a variation on one of them.

Personally, I'm rooting for the ending where Makoto gets killed. He doesn't deserve to live for not noticing that Sekai has feelings for him. She's so much better than Kotonoha! Heck, even Setsuna is better, and she's a minor character!

~Uguu!~
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Well, I've recently got around to watching some of School Days and my initial thoughts are that I hate the main male protagonist, Makoto. He's such a wishy-washy pansy idiot. He really needs to tone it down a few pegs. Further, this anime is really going to have to take a major turn here soon. As I understand it, it has a violent ending, and from what I read of the "bad" endings of the game it's based on, we're gonna wind up with one of the girls going nuts and killing some people, or herself, or everyone and herself. Actually, I want to play that game and get all the bad endings. Kinda sounds like they'd be better than the good ones :) So, I'm glad the anime went with one of them, and I look forward to seeing which one they chose, or a variation on one of them.

Personally, I'm rooting for the ending where Makoto gets killed. He doesn't deserve to live for not noticing that Sekai has feelings for him. She's so much better than Kotonoha! Heck, even Setsuna is better, and she's a minor character!

Haven't seen the specific anime you're talking about, but yes I totally agree with the sentiments. It seems almost too common a plotline having the protaganist as some annoying wishy-washy character who chases after some random girl that barely notices him while the girl right next to him is clearly the better option.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hikoichi wrote:
I want download Suikoden 3 manga...but I don't find...

Downloading that would also be highly illegal as it was licensed and distributed outside of Japan for retail sale (In Australia for instance by Madman Entertainment) so not paying for it would count as piracy.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to add to that, it's also piracy even if it hasn't been licensed for sale outside of Japan. It's still a licensed property in Japan, so fansubs, scanlations, and such are illegal. Anyways, sorry for going off topic there.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 27 of 38

Jump to: