Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dynasty Warriors POW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jiang Wei never really was a major player because he was just Zhuge Liang's little intelligent bitch.

Xing Cai was also useless as hell. She fights with a fork. A Fork???? :*laugh*:

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ralphy Leone Tensei wrote:
Jiang Wei never really was a major player because he was just Zhuge Liang's little intelligent bitch.

lol, whut.

Jiang Wei led many, many northern campaigns after Zhuge Liang's death. He wasn't particularly gifted, but his role is a very significant one. Far more significant than Guan Ping, Pang Tong, Zhang Liao, Xu Zhu, Sun Shang Xiang, Huang Gai, Ling Tong, etcetera, etcetera.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But like you said. After Zhuge's death. the games do pretty much nothing after that and act like the war ended with Wu Zhang Plains and he Fei castle.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh, what's up with bow-and-arrows overload?

Inahime was brilliant in SW1XL, only to be ruined in her SW2 incarnation. I hope Shang Xiang and Yue Ying would turn out better, as their previous weapons were far more interesting. Or, they might as well get the Oichi treatment.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:

Inahime was brilliant in SW1XL, only to be ruined in her SW2 incarnation. I hope Shang Xiang and Yue Ying would turn out better, as their previous weapons were far more interesting. Or, they might as well get the Oichi treatment.

Personally Ina was fine in SW2, still one of my favourite female characters out of both series of games (only beaten by Ginchiyo).

It does seem that the issue scott addressed is the case, i'm sure yue ying and ssx's movesets will be really similar and change with progression.

Seems like laziness on Koei's part, something they are rather good at.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I notticed a lot of the characters who's weapons changed got either spears or swords. I wonder if there is a reason for this. Like if they were trying to get each character to have unique weapons Sun Ce could have kept his Tonfas, and other examples that have already been brought up. I hope they can still make all the character's unique now that a lot more of them have similar weapons.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overdose wrote:
Thief wrote:

Personally Ina was fine in SW2, still one of my favourite female characters out of both series of games (only beaten by Ginchiyo).

It does seem that the issue scott addressed is the case, i'm sure yue ying and ssx's movesets will be really similar and change with progression.

Seems like laziness on Koei's part, something they are rather good at.

Now, it seems more like they are "purposely" making some of these officers wield similar weapons to show off this all-new approach of "starting of with similar movesets but progress differently the more you play".

Like, whoa.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://stage6.divx.com/user/BlackCatXlll/video/1837404/ShinSangohumusou 5---Gameplay1

Lu Bu Game play. Complete with Windmill of Death®

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oZaMhoHmM8Y

Zhou Yu at The Battle of Chibi. Awesome but the slow down is disappointing.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least the Japanese will be getting this kind of fun first. Lucky them...

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jiang Wei is the only loss I'm rather peeved about. I still think it's stupid they removed anyone, considering they didn't add anyone new.

Half the selling point for games in this series is that they add new characters. Like, it was why play 5 when you have 4? Because they added so and so who isn't there in 4! But the same won't be for 6... I'm thinking I'd rather stick to 5.

Obviously I'm rather pessimistic about the game, maybe it'll be good and I'll be more impressed with it since I'm expecting so little now. Who knows...

I was wondering if they'd put the axed characters back when they make the Xtreme Legends version though. I think that might be a promising way for them to get sales out of this game. Maybe.

-My DeviantArt-
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Favorite Characters....

1.Sun Ce
2.Guan Ping
3.Zhu Rong
4.Zhou Tai
5.Zhen Ji
6.Zuo Ci
7.Cao Pi
8.Zhuge Liang
9.Taishi Ci
10.Lu Xun
11.Pang Tong
12.Ling Tong
13.Gan Ning
14.Custom Character :*laugh*:

Well,that's all!

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure the axed characters will either show up in an expansion or in the form of downloadable Content. At the very least, Da Qiao has a design.

Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where there's the download of Dynasty Warriors 5 : Xtreme Legends....?

I want to create a character! :*laugh*:

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strike one. Don't ask for something like that again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: