Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Science of Sleep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: The Science of Sleep Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I managed to watch this film this last weekend after it being highly recommended by a friend of mine. It's an independent film(at least to my knowledge) about a young Mexican man(Gael GarcĂ­a) who goes to live to France with his French mother. Stephan, the main character, has a problem that he cannot tell when he is asleep dreaming or awake, resulting in some very peculiar situations to occur, coupled with his personal conflicts when he meets his next door neighbor and many more stuffs.

I'm wondering if anyone else around these parts have seen the film, and what those who saw it think of it.

I thought that the film was quite well made, and I my attention did not stray at all, which is something that happend to me a lot with some of the more experimental films. In the end, I quite enjoyed it, as I have enjoyed much of Gael Garcia's work like Y tu Mama Tambien and Diarios de Motocicleta(Motorcycle Diaries).
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe the director of this movie also directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is one of my favorite films to date. For that reason alone I've wanted to see this movie since it came out, but hadn't really heard anything about it, positive or negative.

Maybe this will give the the incentive to go watch it.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't go in expecting another Eternal Sunshine. They have their similarities, but this film doesn't have quite the same character depth, and its love story doesn't always hit the right notes.

But I do like the film. It's just visually awesome, and is filled with enough things to keep it fun. For me, the film works best as an examination of creativity and the burdens that come with it.

Michel Gondry, the director, has another film coming out soonish, called Be Kind, Rewind, with Jack Black. It looks great, but I'm too lazy to find a trailer right now.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: