Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Can I just put the whole damn cast down as favorites? I really don't think there is a single character in Suikoden V I don't like. Lorelai and Killey came in as my favorite characters and came out as them, too, but everyone else is a very close second if not tied. For serious, I need time to make a list. :D

hotspot wrote:

Lorelai- she's better in this one magic wise( suikoden 1 lorelai stinks in magic i wonder why she's good in this one?)

It is a bit odd, as she's much closer to her S2 stats than she is to her S1 ones. I guess her Suikoden I appearence is just an anomaly.

What's really weird in Suikoden I, though, is that her weapon's last level is magic bow. Lorelai doesn't even have enough magic to cast a level 4 spell at level 99 in Suikoden I.

Maybe they just put the word magic in to make it sound special?
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Konami kinda struggled in making too much games and graphics, what-so-ever they call it there.... so, they didn't really established it :roll:
but anyway, the game is great... :D
Champo Inactive

Nay-Kobold Merchants

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's see, where to begin? As has been mentioned, too many characters are just so darn likeable in this game. If I had to choose, however...

Bergen - My first choice is my unorthodox character, even though he's not my favorite. I enjoy using him because I haven't seen anyone else do so yet, plus his double S in Treasure Hunt is nothing to scoff at. His victory quote is hilarious, and he looks like Bilbo from that old cartoon of the Hobbit. Bergen is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a halfling in the Suiko-verse anyway, but a man can dream...

Belcoot - not exactly an original choice, but he was my favorite character in the game. He was a great , well-rounded character, both in terms of character and on the battlefield. He's a softspoken, genuine all around nice guy. I was really feeling for him after the fatefulmatch between him and Childerich. The strong but silent type hero has always been my favorite, so he's my top choice. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, he's also the first male character to possess the Falcon Rune, further adding to his coolness.

Richard - Was he broken? Yeah. Could I stop using him? No. What a monster on the battlefield. You'd never expect it from looking at him, either. Cool character.

Prince/Lyon- How could anyone not love the game's dynamic duo? These two go through so much together! And the moments they share along the way are so sweet. I know some people don't necessarily see this, (and you don't have to! It's your game) but I saw such a special deep relationship blossom between these two, one that rivaled Squall and Rinoa's for me, and when Lyon "incident" occurs, you can see a dynamic change in the Prince's character (through his actions and dialogue choices, of course) . So many of their scenes involve the tart sweetness of two people who will be together for life. The scene that really convinced me is the night you see each other before you siege on Sol-Falena. This is definitely the closest thing we'll ever get to a bonafide love story for a Tenkai in Suikoden.

And last but not least... *Spoiler*

Zweig and Georg-I loved these characters, so it really upset me when I spent 6 hours building up their skills so i could use them against the final boss and they both bailed on me. Well, I had to use them in the dungeon anyway, so I guess it wasn't a total loss...
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince: I like Prince, and yes, that's what I named him. (It's been a trend for me. Before I learned of his unofficial name, Tir was McDohl McDohl. I'm very unoriginal.) His weapon looks incredibly cool in duels, but unfortunately I don't like it all that much in normal battles. If possible, his fighting style just seems too fluid for my liking. I love how he is actually an expressive character, without actually using words, though.

Lyon: Lyon's lack of rune slots for most of the game drove me rather insane. As easy as Suikoden V was for me, Lyon just wasn't customizable enough for most of the game. However, her character completely made up for it. Her and Prince are totally meant to be together. They're adorable.

Viki: "Oh man, it's Viki again! Welp, looks like I'll throw her into my party for about ten minutes like I do in every Suikoden and then never use her again. *enter battle* Eh, what's this? Chain Magic? What? WHAT WAS THAT WHY DID VIKI JUST CAST A SPELL TWICE HOLY CRAP!!!" Viki has not left my party since she joined. She is, for me at least, the best mage in the game. I had been planning on using Jeane like I did in IV (Jeane and Ted 4TW) but Viki's chain magic and halfway useful blinking rune were just so much better than Jeane's near useless charm rune and rune sage ability.

Richard: I had read that Richard was insanely awesome before I recruited him, and even so the insanity came as a surprise. When I got him, at ten levels over the Prince, he was dealing more standard damage with a level one weapon than anyone else in my party. He, along with Viki, never left the party. I had him fight in the Prince's place the one time where I could, and I could only describe the ensuing battle as adorable.

Georg: Georg is win. That is all. He is even more win for a few extraneous reasons: In Suikoden II, Georg looked frighteningly like my parents' lawyer. I found, and still find this hilarious. Also his character in Suikoden V just seemed so 'right' that I used him as much as possible.

Cathari: She is a glass cannon. I had her equipped with a Double Strike and Power rune, and she did sickening amounts of damage before anyone else in the party. Then an archer would get her and she'd die in one hit.

Levi: I rather liked Levi's character, even though I didn't use him much in battle. The reasons for this are that, although it seems as though the game makes you want to think Levi is a typical introverted mage, (of which he still is, kinda) he actually is integral in recruiting others, showing that he can be nice. After all, even though he's getting something out of it, he is still helping out Ernst and Norma. Not to mention [SPOILERS] [font color=black] if Ernst or Norma dies, he expresses his regret at not being able to help them. Also if Bergen dies he shows an obvious amount of sorrow. [/color]

Kyle: I loved him for two reasons: He took Viktor's star (Viktor is my absolute favorite character in the Suikoverse), and this quote: "Lyon, [the prince] is a man. Men have needs . . ." in regards to going to meet Jeane at the beginning of the game. It floored me.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like Georg from Suikoden 2, hes a man thats been hardened by war and has experience beyond that of anyone else in the game at the time pretty much. He commands his own unit in the war sessions and is insanely powerful with a great fighting technique.

Leon Silverberg, although his mentality kind of prevents himself from ever being able to join you as the main strategist but his genius and rather stern character make him a favourite of mine.

I did like, however the new swordsmen like Belcoot and Richard who were made a good choice of physical attackers for my party.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my list of favourite characters from Suikoden 5:

Belcoot: This guy is a machine when you put him in the front row of your party, he just parries and possibly counters most of the enemies attacks that come his way.

Zegai: I mainly like Zegai cause he looks cool and he is my favourite spear user just beating Nakula.

Jeane: Definately my favourite mage, i equiped a rage rune on her and used the final flame chain magic from the sorcery formation. This will really do some serious damage to enemies

Georg: He is known as the "Viktor" of Suikoden 5. Enough said.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg Prime: Definitely the first one on my list. Georg is my favorite character out of the entire series, and I even liked him more in his stint in Suikoden V with the revelation of his story. Also, that glimmering sword he had was extremely badass.

Kyle: He's one of the most popular characters in Suikoden, despite the fact that this was Kyle's first appearance in the series. I also like him, because of his usefulness in combat, and because of his hilarious personality and attitude.

Miakis: She's my favorite female character in this game. She has an awesome personality, and she's a beast in the battlefield. She's also sexy, which is definitely a plus.

Killey: He was better in Suikoden II, in my opinion. But meh, he's still awesome with that ridiculously awesome costume of his. I liked him better with the clubs/katars/whatever they are, but his presence in Suikoden V was already enough.

Euram Barows: I still don't know why a lot of people hate this guy. Sure, he was a whiny, stupid brat but don't tell me that you didn't laugh your lungs out whenever he comes by. He's just too hilarious to hate. He's definitely the best comedian the series has ever had.

Egbert Aethelbald: Egbert's definitely another comedian, probably on par with Euram. He never fails to make me laugh whenever he goes off topic in a conversation with this constant screaming of "FILTHY DEVILS!!" His checkers mini-game is also one of the better mini-games this game has.
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved so many of the characters that it's difficult to choose but here are my top 5:

1: Sialeeds - I loved her easygoing attitude throughout most of the game, her hairdo rocked and her outfit was nutty.

2: Miakis - Although I love Lyon to pieces I really enjoyed having Miakis on my team. Her unite attack with Prince was pretty much the same as Lyon's but the "Now it's my turn" was so cute and funny. I wished that Miakis and Lyon could have had a unite together or have a three person unite with Prince but nm. That scene just before she joins you almost made me cry, it was so sweet and you really felt for her.

3: Euram - I'm a big Euram fangirl at the moment. Most of the game he made me laugh out loud, his half baked schemes were fun and reminded me a lot of the nerdy trio from Buffy. Plus it was great to take a break from the main storylines.

*******SPOILER ALERT********

When Sialeeds killed his father and he had that frightened little look on his face I actually felt for him. This is a guy who is like an overgrown little boy, and has been afraid to grow up and by the end of the game he finally realises that he has to grow up and become a man, to stop blaming his mistakes and problems on other people and to stand on his own two feet. I think I'm one person who would like to see him make an appearance in future games so we can see how he turns out.

Lucretia: For me she's right up there with Shu and Matiau as the best strategist in the series. She rocked.

Lymsleia: Apart from the whole 'rescuing the princess' cliche I like Lym quite a lot. She was a brat at times, and her voice was sometimes pretty annoying but she reminded me of my little sister when she was 10. One of the best damsels in distress I've ever come across.

And the rest; Georg, Rahal, Lyon, Lun, Logg, Lu (so kewl :*laugh*: ), Bernadette, Zerase and Fuwalafuwala (just for the goofy voice, sounded like the beaver from Winnie the Pooh)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lilly >_> and Seneca :o
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume we are talking about favourite characters from V.

Georg - His mystery in Suikoden 2 got me interested in this world journeyman. Then when I played Suikoden 5 I liked him even more as you learnt more about him and how he played his role in the Sun Rune War. My favourite swordsman by far.

Miakis - I find she is hard not to like, a very cute character and a good fighter too. I also like her voice actor too.

Belcoot - A very cool swordsman who should so have won the Sacred Games, beats Childenrich every time. Two Handed swordsman from Kanankan, liked his character all over. Despite his ability to die easily in battle.

Shigure - I have to agree he is a very cool dude, liked his laid back attitude and his fighting style too.

Gizel - Now this guy is no Luca Blight ( quite the opposite actually) but I liked him as an enemy, the scheming and cunning type who doesnt come across as too flamboyant.

Lyon - I warmed to Lyon as a character, the princes guard who is constantly in the eye of the player. A very likable character and agile fighter.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vai

Wasteland Warriors

0 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Genkaku had a awesome looking attack and was tough as nails..but his stance looks strange..Shin has the awesome spider rune attack that i adore..Combine these two and you get one of the coolest unites..Kage because hes a ninja and ninjas are cool lol..Killey because of his fire-thingy suit and because of his awesome baton stick thingys..and if u equip him with the right stuff (Suikoden 2) hes tie for the stongest character..Dinn because he has that awesome jump release sword at the start of a battle
Metallingus

Grandchildren of the Runes

30829 Potch
49 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Crowley - Awesome backstory that leaves room for much speculation (honestly, if everything were laid out in front of me, he wouldn't be half as interesting) and a really good character all-in-all.

Suikoden II: Jowy - He strikes me as more than just a tragic hero, and his stats are just amazing.

Suikoden III: Caesar Silverberg - Portrayed as an underachiever compared to his kin, but gets the job done and does it well.

Suikoden IV: Kika - Strong women are a turn-on. (Though for laughs, Snowe wins this one. All I had to do was open his status window, and look at his weapon's name. Daddy Blade FTW.)

Suikoden V: Mathias - His portrait is rather fruity, creepy even, but in battle he's a beast, plus he comes with a Cyclone rune that you can easily hand over to Viki. He wins points for his "dump the body in a body of water" quips.
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...
my favorite characters are:

Riou (Suikoden 2)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden 1,2)
Pesmerga (Suikoden 1,2)
Flik (Suikoden 1,2)
Oulan (Suikoden 2)
Wakaba (Suikoden 2)
Nanami (Suikoden 2)
Jowy (Suikoden 2)
Luc (Suikoden 1,2,3)
Jeane (Suikoden 1,2,3,4,5)
Hugo (Suikoden 3)
Thomas (Suikoden 3)
Lyon (Suikoden 5)
Sialeeds (Suikoden 5)
Belcoot (Suikoden 5)
Sgt.Joe (Suikoden 3)
Sheena (Suikoden 1,2)
Shu (Suikoden 2)
Sierra (Suikoden 2)

Well...It's a big list....

There's more characters that I like at Suikoden Series...

Heh, I really like Suikoden.hehehe.

:D

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: