Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Smash Bros: Brawl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And lastly, character impressions. This will be updated as Gimpy goes through updates, but there's quite a nice bit of information out already.

Quote:

Character Impressions

Alright this is the big update. Well… This is the most important part of the update at least to most people – even though realistically the very first update where I actually wrote about how the game plays was really the most important one. I’ll be doing this ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME so you will all have something to look forward to. Hopefully I’ll be able to get in a couple characters a day, but I’ve been really busy with the feed the homeless project that I’ve been working on. Sorry, but its slowing down the Brawl updates. Also, answering specific questions on aim/msn/pms/general brawl discussion really slows down these updates, so just keep that in mind before sending me messages about it. Yes, I'm talking to all 9 billion people who seemed to get my contact information and send me messages both while I was AT E for All and after.

Diddy Kong

Alright, let’s start off with Diddy Kong. I played as Diddy a bit and watched some other competitive players use him a lot. Diddy moves up and down quickly, which is important in Brawl since most players seem to be slower in this regard (he is still slower up and down than any melee character is, that’s for sure). Diddy moves fast, a lot of his moves combo fairly well and he has some nice KO potential. He isn’t particularly strong, but he kills reasonably well. Diddy’s recovery is questionable however. You can over b and it causes him to do a little jumping grab towards whatever side you pressed, or you can use his up b.

Diddy’s Up B is chargeable, he will hover during the charge for a moment then will start to fall quicker and quicker (think holding fox’s reflector from melee). Diddy’s uncharged up b goes only a short distance, and only goes straight up, so you almost have to charge it at most moments. When it is charged you can move to the left or the right, fully charged this up b goes FAR and FAST. There is a SERIOUS problem with Diddy’s up b however. It seems that if you hit Diddy out of his up b with certain moves he can’t up b again until he has touched the ground. Yes, that means if you hit him out of his up b he cannot up b again. He CAN use his over b (Side B), which does gain small amounts of height and horizontal distance, but this needs to be fixed. I’m unsure as to whether or not ALL moves knock the barrels off of Diddy, or if it only happens at certain frames, but I know that I saw him unable to up b after getting hit SEVERAL times, and it happened to me once when I was using Diddy. We didn’t just mess up, this was simply how it worked. This needs to be fixed because it’s a little extreme, and also incredibly random. This factor seems to be holding back Diddy a little bit, but he is still overall a very good character.

With the game generally being more floaty and slower, having a character who seems to move up and down quicker, as well as have a fast run speed seemed to be very advantageous for the game play. Diddy’s grabs seemed to be effective, one or two of them looked like they could even combo (which is much more rare in this game) and his grab range is really high. Diddy unfortunately seems to suffer from a lack of range on most of his aerials and ground attacks, but generally his overall speed, comboabiltiy, and edgeguarding make up for that. His weakness is likely his recovery.

The coolest thing I saw a Diddy do at the expo was a sort of anti edgeguard. Nick (Diddy) was playing against Mike Haze (Fox). Haze went out to edgeguard Nick and he used his over b. Diddy’s forward b is an air grab. The move grabbed Mike, he hit him a couple times, then he spiked him straight down out of it. Diddy’s air grab is the coolest spike I’ve ever seen. Diddy is also able to use his up b after this move lands, because Nick made it back onto the stage safely after that.

Diddy also has a fairly reliable projectile, it doesn’t do a lot of knockback and it isn’t too quick… Think of Diddy almost like you thought of Mario in melee (if I have to make a comparison between the two games that is) he is pretty strong in mostly every area, lacks in range, has a situational projectile, and doesn’t have the strongest of kill moves.

More Diddy information will likely be added (including taunts and costumes), but I figured I would give you something for now!

Fox

Moving onto Fox now… Once the top character in Melee, he obviously got toned down. I said Fox got nerfed and sucks at first, and I was exaggerating and it was completely on purpose. Fox is still very good, but I don’t think he is going to be top tier anymore. Fox still has a lot going for him. He is very fast on the ground, second in the demo only to sonic (but sonic was WAY faster). Fox is NOT a fast faller in this game; in fact, comparing the falling speed of anyone in this game to the falling speed of anyone in melee would be absolutely ludicrous.

Fox seems to have different kill moves this time around. His bread and butter up air (Up A in the air) and up smash just didn’t seem to be doing the trick like in melee. It seemed like Fox’s forward smash did a better job killing than either of those moves – and it also seemed to eat through shields pretty nicely. Fox’s up air is now primarily a combo move. His neutral air (neutral a attack in the air) seems to essentially be the same thing as in melee, but his back air is much more precise and difficult to land. It’s a quick kick behind him and then he brings his leg back in, the duration isn’t nearly as long, but it is a nice kill move regardless in Brawl. One major and obvious improvement is Fox’s forward air. Fox’s forward air now works likely in the way it was intended to work in melee, if you hit with the first (or one of the first) kicks, then all following kicks will land – opponents could POSSIBLY DI out of this, but we aren’t sure at this point. That being said it seems like you could perform a lot of tricks when you apply this move with the new l cancel. In melee you could use the first strike of captain falcon’s neutral air to set up for a grab, it SEEMS LIKE Fox should be able to do this same thing in Brawl.

Now I’m going to move onto Fox’s specials. Foxes blaster has some glaring nerfs. The first one we noticed was an obvious decrease in the range of the blaster. Not only is that the case, but in Brawl (at least in the demo) you cannot turn around with your neutral b moves, so it seems like laser camping in general would be much harder and much less applicable. Another aspect of Fox’s blasters that became apparent was the fact that he does not cancel upon landing. Fox CAN short hop triple laser in Brawl (sounds scary, but remember, brawl is NOT melee) HOWEVER if Fox does this he does incur a small amount of lag after he lands when he puts his gun away because there is no laser cancel upon landing.

The next moves I’ll briefly discuss are Fox’s recovery moves, the Fox’s Illusion and the Fire Fox. The illusion seems more or less the same, even to the point where you can still shorten the move by pressing B at the right moment. This move now seems to have some more “auto sweet spot” to it. If you use over b below the point where you would grab in melee for example, it seems like it will automatically shoot you towards the ledge so that you can grab. Fire Fox has gone though just about as much change as the illusion has, meaning not very many changes at all if you didn’t catch that. One of the noticeable changes to this move was sort of accidentally found. A Fox I was watching got hit beneath battlefield by something – it may have been an item, but that isn’t important. Fox did his up b at an angle towards the ledge from UNDERNEATH the stage, and ON HIS WAY UP Fox sweet spotted and grabbed the ledge. It’s a nice little feature for Fox indeed, although it seems like most characters have a different type of sweet spot anyways.

Now to discuss the big one – Fox’s Shine (reflector). Easily one of the most versatile and effective moves in melee, the move has been, unfortunately, nerfed – seemingly on all levels OTHER than stalling. First I'll say that Fox's Shine SEEMS to still come out on frame one, but its pretty much impossible for me to tell you that, so I'll say that it still comes out really fast. Not only is jump canceling (stopping the shine animation by jumping as soon as you perform the reflector) the shine “different” – and by that I mean the timing is a little bit slower – but the way to do it has also changed. You MUST be HOLDING down AND b while you jump cancel your shine, you can’t tap b release and then jump. This change might not SOUND to different, but most people tap shine and try to get out as fast as they can, and they’ve already moved their fingers to start something else. That cannot be done in this game. The shine seems to knock everyone down as well, or at least that’s what I saw. Waveshining (wavedash, shine, wavedash shine, wavedash, shine, repeat infinitely or until you screw up) is obviously impossible anyways, so this effect doesn’t seem to be too big of a deal. The shine spike (shining someone off the edge putting them at an angle where they can’t recover) has undergone some changes as well. It visually looks like it would basically be the same thing, however – with the characters new sweetspots, overall speed of the game, and floatiness of the characters – the shine spike seems more or less ineffective. The shine hits at a VERY SLIGHTLY more favorable angle then it did in Smash 64 or Melee. I am unsure of how large the hitbox is on this move compared to Fox’s body, but it seems like most characters can recover after being shine spiked due to all of the above changes. Alright, now it’s time to discuss the only buff the shine received – stalling. Essentially in the air to cancel out of a shine you simply release the button. Falling through the air you can shine FAR more times than you ever could in Melee. The move simply ends faster naturally. Every time you shine it completely halts you’re downwards momentum as well. Initially it seemed like you could jump into the air, shine somebody right before landing, cancel out and follow up with something ala smash 64. Unfortunately the move doesn’t cancel out fast enough and it doesn’t look like you can punish the shine quickly enough. Maybe something will change in the shine before the release of the actual game though. Oh, and you probably don’t care and made these assumptions already, but the actual reflecting properties (you know, what the move actually is supposed to do) remained essentially the same.

All in all Fox is a good character, apparently some people that played Fox in melee were legitimately fans of him, rather than just playing him because he was arguably the best character (which I have no problem with) so seeing the reaction to telling everyone he sucks was amusing. Fox seems like he will still be good, but he will be played in a completely different style this time around – but so will everyone else, because of how different this game is.

Pikachu

Let’s do the little rat character next. Pikachu is back and he’s certainly seemed to receive some buffs, or perhaps I should say some… alterations. Pikachu is pretty quick in this game, compared to the rest of the characters in the game he is probably still about the same in this regard (please note that this does not mean he is the exact same speed, but when compared to the rest of the cast, the speed between everyone puts him in a similar spot). Pikachu seems to have a lot of combo ability. His down throw looks like one of the only throws that has a potential chainthrow (although it can be DI’d out of from what we saw) and it also is one that you can combo with (with the apparent new throwing mechanics that seems like a bigger deal than I can make of it through this writing). Pikachu’s up airs combo better than they did in melee in this game from what I can tell, they do decent damage and it is easy enough to string them together. It also does NOT spike in the same fashion in this game. It hits the opponent straight up and not very far – perfect for comboing. Pika’s forward air seems to work more similarly to the smash 64 version than the melee version, meaning it looks like it will be a little bit more viable for comboing than it was in Melee. Pikachu’s up tilt also has received a nice buff; it has more range on all sides and is a nice setup; overall Pikachu seems like he’s a pretty good character.

Now let’s move onto his specials, which appeared to receive some nice buffs, well, at least one of them did. His neutral b (Thunder jolt) seems to be just as effective (or ineffective) as it was in melee. Still does basically the same thing, doesn’t seem to be much faster or do any kind of extra knockback or anything. His over b (Skull Bash) does more or less the same thing. According to T0MMY it can be charged for longer in this game than in Melee, but it doesn’t seem to be too drastic of a change. Keep in mind that you CAN sweet spot with this move now due to the new sweet spot mechanics. Pikachu’s up b seems to be the same as it was in melee, doing the small percentage of damage and knockback after quickly passing through an opponent. The most massively and obviously improved move of Pikachu’s is his down b thunder. This move is MUCH faster to activate and has VERY little lag. From what we saw it doesn’t look like it has the cloud at the top, I’m unsure if it actually comes down from the absolute top of the screen, but it does go noticeably higher. The knockback on the move is also more vertical, it seems like killing off the top for Pikachu has become much easier through this move. This is more like the Smash64 version of Thunder than Melee’s. His Down B is simply more viable now, I’m sure that this move will find a lot of uses in Brawl.

Let’s get back to his regular moves now. I’ve already discussed some of his combo moves and now I’ll move onto his smash attacks. Pikachu’s mighty up smash (Best up smash in Melee) from Melee has sadly seen some nerfs, and its more than just the characters living for a higher average percent, the move just doesn’t seem to have the power that it did in melee, although the speed and applications seemed mostly the same. His forward smash has more range, I’m not really sure if it has any changes to knockback. The big one here is his shiny new down smash. If you were looking for Peach’s dsmash you wouldn’t find it on peach, you’d find it here. Pikachu’s down smash is MASSIVELY improved in brawl. It is likely going to be one of the primary ways you’ll get kills with Pikachu. This move sucks you in, if you shield it sometimes it damages your shield well enough to get a hit out of it. The move does a good amount of percent (around 25% or so I think) and does an absolute ton of vertically knockback. Festizzio was one of the main players using him at the event and he remembers doing a down smash on a fox at around 90% and it killed him off the top.

Overall Pikachu is better than he was in Melee, compared to the rest of the cast at the demo at least. The one big thing that Pikachu seemed to lack in Melee, range, was increased substantially in Brawl. His priority also seems to be better, and he might have even more killing potential this time. Now he doesn’t seem to have to spam up smashes or neutral off the stage exclusively to get kills this time around (calm down Pikachu mains I know that’s not exactly how it is), but he just generally seems to have some nice improvements, he seems to be good in almost every regard. Speed, knockback, setups, recovery - Pikachu is good, not great, in all of these areas.

Ike

Alright, now let’s move onto one of my favorite characters from the demo. Generally speaking his animations are wonderful, the way he moves, his final smash, his taunts and his throws are really cool visually speaking, and his final smash is awe inspiring.

But enough about the visuals and animations, let’s move onto the actual gameplay of Ike. Some of you readers saw my initial exaggerations of Fox’s nerfs and thought perhaps I was doing the same for Ike – read on to see if that’s true or not, but don’t get your hopes up to much. Let me start with this. Ike is strong, and when I say strong I mean STRONG. He KO’s at much lower percentages than Bowser does on average, only a few moves of Bowser’s seemed to compete with Ike’s power. Ike’s smash attacks are all HUGE disjointed hitboxes of raw power. If you can for a moment picture Marth’s hitboxes, but regardless of what point of your sword you hit them with it’s a tipper, those are Ike’s hitboxes. That was just an example, Ike really doesn’t have a moveset that is anything like Marth’s whatsoever, I was just comparing hitboxes sizes and knockback. For those of you who haven’t read a thing about Ike, he plays absolutely nothing like Marth/Roy in melee (but then, nobody really plays quite like their melee counterparts).

Alright, so now we know. Ike is a serious powerhouse, the strongest character BY FAR (at least in the demo) but he has some pretty intense drawbacks. As a player who uses the “slow but strong” character in Melee well, I can see the limitations of another “slow but strong” character pretty easily as far as potential goes. Bowser in melee was slow but strong, and so was Ganon. I play both of those characters (although only Bowser in tournament). Ganon is CLEARLY the better of the two for multiple reasons. Now – for a moment – let’s compare Ike from Brawl to the Ganon/Bowser “slow but strong” character setup. Ganon and Bowser both have several moves that activate quickly or have a lot of shield stun or have a large amount of range or can grab from the air. They both have some manner of safety in their approaches or have at least some manner of speed in their character. Ike on the other hand seemingly has none of these positive factors. Ike is much, MUCH slower than either Ganon OR Bowser. I realize that this is a new physics engine, but he is VERY slow when compared to the rest of the cast. I’m trying to put the least amount of bias in this update that I can. I really wanted Ike to be good after seeing him played, and I honestly didn’t believe that he was as slow as people were telling me; then I played as him. His airials are ALL slow, his tilts are slower than most smashes, his smashes are almost the same speed as his tilts. He really, REALLY lacks in speed. After watching some of the videos of Ike I find myself doubting that he is really as slow as I recall. Visually some of the startup of his moves is actually hidden; he appears to be much faster than he really is in the videos. Let me make another thing clear. Ike is NOT very laggy. Ike does NOT have a large amount of lag after his airials, he just has slow activation time on them, which is MUCH more difficult to get around on a competitive level of play. If there is a Nintendo representative reading this somehow I implore you, please DECREASE the activation or startup time of SOME of Ike’s moves. He only needs some manner of safety or a move to combo into his ridiculously strong moves at very least.

Moving onto some of the other aspects of Ike (after again stressing, which I can’t stress enough, that Ike is VERY powerful)… Ike has a neutral b move that is similar to Marth and Roy’s neutral b. It is chargeable until it is an auto kill (if you charge it all the way you receive a ten percent penalty just like Roy’s), and seems to do an awful lot of knockback initially; this may legitimately be one of his fastest moves – and no, unfortunately, it isn’t very fast. Ike’s side B seemed to be one of his better moves. You can move across the stage quickly with this move and it’s a nice powerful strike (think of Pika/Pichu’s over b Skull bash in melee, but much more useful and less laggy). This move can also be used as a recovery due to the new sweet spotting mechanics, however, after you use this move one time in the air, you cannot perform any airials or air dodge, it is just the same as using his up b, so it is NOT like Luigi’s over b Green Missle recovery. It’s more like Captain Falcon’s over b in melee. Ike’s up b is pretty good on the stage. It has a nice chunk of super armor in it (super armor means that you take percentage, but no knockback) is fairly fast, and has quite a good amount of knockback. His up b looks visually very similar to Kirby’s, but as a recovery move it is noticeably worse. Unfortunately you gain ZERO horizontal distance when you use this move. You cannot move to the left or too the right, you can only go straight up and straight down, which is a major blow to his recovery. Ike’s down b counter comes out relatively fast and lasts for a fair amount of time, this move does more knockback than Marth’s counter did, but I’m unsure whether or not it has the same effect as Roy’s did in Melee.

Overall Ike doesn’t look like he will be an effective character in the competitive scene unless we see some buff’s for him, or we find out things we couldn’t in a 4 day period with a demo, which is of course likely. Obviously we didn’t get much time with Ike or the demo, but with all of us competitive players racking our brains to try and think of a way to get this character playable we couldn’t find a way.

Don’t get me wrong, Ike at the demo was doing very well. Ike is a complete BEAST in four player games because of his massive killing potential, and he may very well be a decent team’s partner for doubles matches in the competitive scene, but at this point he seems to not have much competitive singles potential due to an overwhelming lack of speed and a completely horrendous recovery when compared to the rest of the cast. One of my favorite characters from the demo; let’s all cross our fingers on this one.

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong was not the subject of a lot of attention this weekend. People wanted flashy characters with cool moves and they wanted to see overly effective easy to use Final Smashes. Donkey Kong is not flashy, his moves haven’t changed much (visually speaking) and his final smash was absolutely horrendous, not just in application, but it just wasn’t very fun to watch. With that being said, we did try our best to get some DK info.

First off let me say this. Donkey Kong CAN cargo up throw up air in this game. This throw combo appears to be intact, which is very good. His up air has seen IMPROVEMENTS oddly enough; it seems to kill at lower percentages than it did in Melee, which is odd because most characters live longer in this game on average. DK has mostly the same move set, and is mostly the same speed. The reason we didn’t spend much time on him was… well… he’s pretty much the same character in this game. This might not sound like a bad thing, but when you look at the physics of the other characters and the overall “floatiness” of everyone you’ll notice that DK’s combos are mostly reduced to only a couple hits. DK’s cargo up throw up air DOES work, but there isn’t really a big heavy character that falls quickly so it only hits with the up air once in the actual “combo”. However, it seems like once DK is below an opponent, he is more dangerous than he was in melee because of his improved but very familiar up air. Most of his airials act the same was as they did in melee. Back air up air neutral air forward air and down air – almost all of them have the same effects. You might be expecting changes in his forward air as far as the speed of the moves goes, but no, it seems to mostly be the same thing speed wise, but with a little less range. His tilts and smashes are also mostly the same thing from what I saw, though most of his moves did have reduced range.

Moving onto Donkey Kong’s Special moves it seems like these have all remained basically the same as well! Donkey Kong is easily the character who saw the smallest amount of change in Brawl from melee, but doesn’t expect him to play exactly the same; this is a new game folks. Donkey Kong’s up b has the same traits. I didn’t see many people landing this move while he was on the ground however. There weren’t a lot of natural DK players who had the instinct to get that to work, but if I’m remembering correctly it works almost the same way in this game as it did in melee, but unfortunately weaker. DK’s side b seems to be a little bit buffed. It comes out faster in Brawl, and the applications of it are far nicer. Rather than keeping them grounded while you pound on them, this basically gets you a free smash attack or charged punch, knockback and all. Just think of the new grounded characters system as working like M2’s disable. DK’s down b looks to have massive buffs in damage; it seems like it’s just generally better and will have more applications. A little bit faster to start, a little bit faster to finish, and it does a lot more damage. The most unfortunate change to me, because I really like this move, is the small nerf that went into Donkey Kong’s Giant Punch. Unfortunately, DK’s giant punch just doesn’t have the knockback you would think it would. It kills at higher percentages than in melee, and it also has a lot less range. That coupled with the inability to turn around your neutral b removes a lot from your giant punch game, and it is really a shame.

Overall DK is very similar to the way he was in Melee, at least, as similar as a character can be during the transition between games. This seems like it would be a good thing, but overall it seems like it makes Donkey Kong a little worse because of the new physics system in this game. Sorry guys, but maybe things could change a bit by the time that the game comes out. Also I’d like to note that, with the unfortunate exception of Ike, all of the characters seem usable at this point to an extent for the singles game, it appears to be less broken this time around (at least as far as we got in our 4 day demo experience).

Yoshi

A lot of people stayed away from Yoshi after they realized he lost his treasured double jump cancel. Before I actually begin talking about Yoshi I’d like to point out that we were NOT playing THIS Yoshi correctly. We continually tried to double jump cancel and do the things that were effective in melee instinctively rather than try out a lot of new things because this is a new Yoshi. That being said, Yoshi saw some nice changes outside of the loss of his double jump cancel in Brawl... But he still can't jump out of his sheild.

Yoshi seems to run at a pretty average speed, he isn’t very fast, but I wouldn’t describe him as slow. He has some power, but not too much power. Yoshi seems to have some pretty decent combo potential in this game, even forgoing his double jump cancel. His buffs were actually pretty apparent, but people had trouble getting around the lack of his DJC. Yoshi DID keep his super armor during his double jump, and also received a nice and very welcome change in his up b this time around.

Yoshi all around has definitely seen a range buff, but maintains his strength from the old games. Yoshi’s aerials saw a nice improvement in the transition from Melee to Brawl. His down air was the most noticeably improved, it acts far more similarly to the 64 predecessor than its melee counterpart. I’m unsure if the damage output is quite as high, but the move is certainly improved from Melee in this game. His forward air seemed to be a little bit faster and setup nicely for almost all of his smash attacks at lower percentages. Yoshi’s back air has MASSIVELY increased range this time around and does a good amount of damage. Yoshi’s up air is still pretty strong, is a nice setup, and also has increased range.

Yoshi’s specials saw some changes as well, but mostly minor. His side b does noticeably more damage and knockback, and seems to have less startup time with more priority – although I personally don’t see many ways to apply it in a singles match still. Yoshi’s neutral b works the same as it did in Melee and in smash 64, it didn’t see very many changes. Yoshi’s down b also didn’t see a lot of change from Melee to Brawl. It’s still more or less the same move, you can still grab the ledge with his down b as well. Yoshi’s nice healthy change was in his up b. Yoshi can use his up b and actually gain some height in the air with it. And what’s even better is that you can use it multiple times (you don’t actually gain height from doing it over and over, think Samus’s bomb jumps from melee, but not quite as high). Because there is no longer a directional air dodge, this one is a lifesaver for Yoshi because he can grab the edge while doing this move. Otherwise this move is the same, with a SMALL improvement in knockback from what I remember.

Overall Yoshi seemed like he should’ve been much better than he was being played. We were trying to do our old tricks with this character, and that’s simply not how this new Yoshi works. We are going to have to learn something very new with this one! Yoshi has enough of everything, but not an excess of anything. He has enough speed, power, comboability, knockback, and recovery; this makes him a decent, but not great character overall from what we saw.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gameplay Videos: This and the updates should tie up everyone for a few hours

Aryman wrote:
I'm gathering all of the new gameplay videos and linking them all in this thread. If you find any new ones (and I'm sure there will be more), just post them and I'll add them to the list.

October 11th:

IGN: Stages from the Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhU_cM7wmns

IGN: Castle Siege Brawl: All 3 Levels (Yoshi, Mario, Metaknight and Diddy Kong)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evajWSPy7SA

IGN: Pit vs Yoshi on Norfair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8I_kzfCauo

IGN: 4-Player on Delfino Plaza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lvbMpUVU4

Sonic vs. Link (Super Sonic shown)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xevted1Xu-4

Mario vs. Samus (Samus Zero Laser and ZSS shown)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ggioN_moUJc

Diddy's Rocketbarrel Barrage (Features the end-of-match screen, listen for Metaknight's voice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwVd7QESSc

MTV coverage: Wiimote (Super Sonic shown as well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCDzGqKnD_k

MTV Coverage: Classic controller
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7oKuZmstpY

Gamepro: Skyworld, Pokemon Stadium 2 (Electric Stage!), Gigabowser, and PEACH'S FINAL SMASH
http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml
Alternate Youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxo4ThurUw (thanks ShadowUltima)

Gamespot: Interview with Nate Bihldorf of Nintendo

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6180868/super-smash-bros-brawl-nin tendo-media-summit-2007-interview
Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F92Vo4cLwnU (thanks ShadowUltima)

7 Minute Video: Gamespot Demo with extra footage
http://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6180852/super-smash-bros-brawl-gam eplay-demo (thanks SiD)
Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8 (thanks ShadowUltima)

October 12th

The Return of Sudden Death (featuring Albino DK, Yoshi FS and Sonic vs Metaknight goodness)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html (Thanks BDAOutlaw)

IGN: Sonic vs Link on Smashville
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyQVtB_owHA

October 14th:

IGN: Halberd (2 videos)
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
Youtube for Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O3Wy5UECAk
Youtube for Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9Ls4uprEE (Thanks to cyberdemon for both)

IGN: Full Press Demo (Samus vs Mario and Link vs Sonic)
*Note: this is the same as the 7-minute video posted on Gamespot*

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

------------------------------------

E-4-All Videos

October 18

Subspace Emissary: Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26643.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Kr4Nct7OE
Awesome new SE video. We get an idea of how Subspace storylines will play out. Cut scenes are amazing, and gameplay is much like you'd expect. Sweet.

Subspace Emissary: Pit and Mario
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26652.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMRjY-Grcx4
Another SE vid, this time showing Pit battle through his part of Adventure mode, and picking up Mario along the way!

Subspace Emissary: Kirby and Peach
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26662.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9vmElR_QtSQ
Kirby and Peach are shown riding on a Warp Star. Then the Halberd shows up and the two of them run accross it's length. No enemies though.... Then we see an Arwing (!) doing battle with the Halberd... just watch XD

Battlefield

http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116720
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fRXFMVTaztw
Starts out on Smashville, some Metaknight vs Mario action. Quickly turns to Battlefield with Link and Pit duking it out. First look at Pit and Link's arrows.

----------------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mByTv1MOGj0
Link vs. Ike. Link uses his Final Smash!!

Delfino Plaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZsxnQiCyo
Peach, Metaknight, Yoshi and Fox. There's a girl's head in the way XD. Golden Hammer looks insane.

Bridge of Eldin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ErIfmtm6lo0
Mario vs Link. Finally we see Mario's Final Smash in action!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9VCc7ed2Wd4&mode=user&search=
Fox vs Ike. Really short, but we see King Bulblin.

Norfair

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D533pueDHLc
Sonic vs Ike. We get a good look at how the Norfair stage operates. Sonic turns into Super Sonic, and Ike's recovery seems to be very vertical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyaiQCHbAfk
Mario vs. Samus. Dr. Wright AT, Mario's FS, Sudden Death

Lylat Cruise

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d0HIucdW2j4
Fox vs Link. Link lands some smashes which seem very strong. Fox grabs some spicy curry, hilarity ensues.

Pokemon Stadium 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vNjm3PEFJDY
Link vs Fox. Wind Stage, Excitebike AT, Fox's Landmaster Final Smash!!! Needs moar barrel roll.

Big Cam Gameplay Video
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26667.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A4OFxkXTHPQ
HD Video!! DK, Diddy, Sonic and Samus. Sonic goes Super (again), and we get a clear view of the Pokemon in the background. Diddy gets caught in Torchic's attack and gets a whopping 60% damage!

Castle Siege

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoF97-3C-Rc
Metaknight vs Pikachu. Nothing really much happens at all here. Camera work is shaky.

Skyworld

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dGdrxsikX4A
Pit vs Dark Link. Pretty neat costume for Link. The player sucked in this one though.

Smashville

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bnZtU5c8Qw
Peach vs Metaknight. Not much happens. Annoying girl screaming in the background.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=47p2cRGqOrQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wxzIeovBtEs
Mario vs Bowser (2 parts). Bowser really tries to get the smash ball, and Mario seems oblivious to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=brFvqPbE6SI
Metaknight vs Diddy Kong. MK shows off his combo-ing ability.

October 19

Subspace Emissary: The Beginning - Part 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_7f_oamhxHs

Subspace Emissary: The Beginning - Part 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26687.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KaMCPPAEX54 (thanks C.Olimar788)

Final Smash Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bqdOH3js0
All but Diddy.

Zentendo HD
http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=415 (HD Downloads)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ15BBSQV_k
Pit vs Link on Battlefield (old) and Sonic vs Link on Bridge of Eldin (new).

Battlefield

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYCTTVZQ-k0
Bowser vs Metaknight. Lyn AT seems deadly!!

Delfino Plaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNOL28vUkg&NR
Sonic, Pikachu, Pit and Metaknight. Pit does his FS, but only after the booth babes yell at at the guy to do so. Also, Bonsly (Pokemon) can be seen at the beginning of the video.
http://eforall.gamepro.com/player.cfm?vid=116920
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8hwJ2Usri4
Booth babes battle it out. You can finally attach faces to that horrible screeching! Anyway, they use Peach, Link, Fox and Black Wing Pit.
http://eforall.gamepro.com/player.cfm?vId=116940
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qpEph2Q3ISc
Booth babes go at it (not like that you perv). Pit, Peach, Metaknight and Pikachu. Pit gets off a Final Smash.

Bridge of Eldin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy1nynXoosc
Link vs Ike vs Yoshi vs Link. You can see the missing part of he bridge come back.
http://eforall.gamepro.com/player.cfm?vId=117000
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z_XYgqvsovc
More booth babes. They're really much more bearable when they don't open their mouths. Samus, Link and double Peach action (that sounded dirty...)
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/19/e-for-all-the-view-from-the-floor/
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NqULzfw9BzE
Mario, Samus, 2 Peach. Superspicy curry. Only 20 secs of footage, rest is from other E4All games.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=t18ojQrx-go
Peach, Link, Fox and Metaknight. Fox performs his final smash.

Halberd

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29OjNh-tzrA
Link vs Samus. Samus nails Link with a Zero Laser for a KO.

Smashville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PqbN2WM7M
Samus, Pikachu, Sonic and Pit. Sonic FS, Electrode returns, booth babes annoying as ever. Watch till the very end for a great line from one of them...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bnZtU5c8Qw
Metaknight vs Peach. I think Peach pulls out a bomb from the ground.

Yoshi's Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL-I-pAGjLw
Diddy vs Yoshi. Diddy's tail combo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iinjo21m3Jw
Pit, Metaknight, Ike and Mario. Lots of people get the smash ball, but somehow no one manages to get their FS off. Though Metaknight tries and misses somehow.

October 20

Subspace Emissary: DK, Diddy, and Bowser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dXIWFXrsY
More footage of DK and Diddy's adventure. They get their bananas and Bowser shows up to foil their celebration.
--------------------------
Subspace Emissary: Beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9COeW9Wmxs
Same as the previous video expect there's footage of Zelda and Mario at the end.

Zentendo HD
http://www.zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=415 (HD Downloads)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ15BBSQV_k
Pit vs Link on Battlefield (old) and Sonic vs Link on Bridge of Eldin (new).

Battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlhwdvf_U14&NR=1
Ike, Mario, Metaknight and Fox. Fox gets on his tank and falls off the stage XD. Ike shows off that power by killing people left and right, then murders using his Final Smash. This guy can't be as bad as they say...
--------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wgefh4tXyw
Diddy Kong, Pit, Metaknight, and Fox. Booth babes still being annoying. Diddy Kong shows his power with his Final Smash. Fox's Wolf costume and victory theme plainly seen and heard.
--------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83DAiT081m0
Gold Bowser and Dark Link. Giga Bowser shown.

Bridge of Eldin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t18ojQrx-go
Peach, Metaknight, Fox and Samus. Fox's landmaster takes out a bunch of people and actually does a barrel-roll!
------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS9M75xhkYE
Albino DK, Samus, Link, and Sonic. Lyn shows up here, still as powerful. Cameraman is a Sonic fan, becomes very happy when Super Sonic shows up. 3-way Sudden Death. Listen half-way for another booth girl line.
------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCvWyomKFQ
Metaknight and Fox. Metaknight's Final Smash shown! Your percentage appears above you if you stand still.

Norfair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IoPLwXlqNI
Mario, Sonic, Bowser, and DK. Metroid Theme plays with wicked guitar riffs! Mario pwns with his Final Smash all across the stage!

Smashville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT3RRINW_yA
Mario, Peach, Metaknight, and Fox. Nothing new here.
-----------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rLLk7U3B8
Samus and Sonic. Samus turns into Zamus.

October 21

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tCm2BHaoHZo
Various vids of Pokeballs and Assist Trophies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU
Nine minute video showing various Sonic matches for the most part. Includes other matches near the end and nice screenshots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caR_UwlZXjs
Various costumes and entrances of various characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Kbuj_Ybp0
Final Smash Complilaton showing everyone's FS this time.

Bridge of Eldin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uoHZvSU5mVc
Mario, Bowser, Pikachu, and Link. Lakitu AT shown. Giga Bowser shown! Volt Tackle shown! Sudden Death!

Castle Seige

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJHbNwIKY5Q
Link, Ike, Pikachu, and Samus. Statues seen crumbling down. Triforce Slash shown.

Halberd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on4ziwU2nTM
Sonic vs. Metaknight. Bonsly appears as a Pokeball. Not one Smash Ball appears!

Lylat Cruise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcHn7WSM1hE
Link, Link, Metaknight, and Mario. Nothing new here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LcstSatAhYs
DK, Mario, Pikachu and Pit. Pit gets off his final smash, not much else happens. Nice music in the background, lol.
Yoshi's Island
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGUqAd6yi8
Metaknight, Metaknight, Pikachu, and Mario. New song on stage, but in original format by creator of video. Volt Tackle shown.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BOtMayVuVg
Link, Ike, Sonic and Samus. Very nice match. Samus sweeps the stage with her Zero Laser and then a 4 WAY SUDDEN DEATH!!

Pokemon Stadium 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBSaUL_tXTs
Link, Metaknight, Pit, Pikachu(?). Camera is far from the screen so you can't see very much. One of the booth babes gets off a Triforce Slash and ends up winning. -.-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMKh5FAouoo
Diddy Kong, Link, Yoshi and Metaknight. Link's Final Smash. Creator's comments state that you can get a free FS when you're playing poorly.

Skyworld

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uw4C9pbbW0M
4 Peaches battle it out and in the end... Daisy is the winner! XD One of them gets off her final smash in mid-air.

Castle Siege

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JfRcH9MERGA
4 Sonics. Are people getting bored? Anyway, 2 Super Sonics and the Shadow costume can be seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4Dx331JDE
DK, Link, Pikachu and Yoshi. Crumbling statues, and Yoshi deals out punishment with his Final Smash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUiuvCgNdBc
Link, Metaknight, Samus and Sonic. Another Super Sonic, Spicy Curry and what looks like Samurai Goroh AT.

Delfino Plaza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOh57KLox2I
2 Metaknight, Ike and Pikachu. A Metaknight misses his FS, Sudden Death between Ike and a Meta.

Battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5m2VHKDrB0
Bowser, Diddy Kong, Sonic and Diddy Kong. 3 Smash Balls and Final Smashes in this one, Giga Bowser and 2 Rocketbarrel Barrages.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR1W_t2_QSU
2 Links, Metaknight and Sonic. Old-school Battlefield music by the creator. Another Super Sonic (I guess Sonic is just good at getting those smash balls

Post E for All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo64aIfCFxU
Gold Bowser vs Dark Pit on Smashville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KptxO7Eae0k
2 Links, Metaknight and Fox. A Nintendog blocks the screen for a while! Booth babe: "Who's dog is that?!? LOL!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-Quc5hVXE
4 booth babes, all using Peach. Yay? One of them gets off a FS, amusing commentary by the creator.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1286912671314226194
Metaknight vs Sonic on Battlefield, and Peach vs Ike on Lylat Cruise. We see Metaknight and Peach's final smashes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSPe_qlDMU
Battlefield: Pikachu, Mario, Samus & Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnDmnd3QOCU
Battlefield: Meta Knight, Mario, Ike, Pit. MK performs his final smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LdhNF_gnA
Bridge of Eldin: Meta Knight, Peach, Link, Ike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjBNfJXw5U
Castle Siege: Pit, Sonic, Link and someone else. Assist Trophy Resetti is shown and Entei is a Pokeball Pokemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFlk7QvDPmo
Castle Siege: Samus, Bowser, Pit, Meta Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXpKJTOURdM
Delfino Plaza: Pikachu, Meta Knight, Samus, Sonic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaxoWA_DIek
Delfino Plaza: Link, Peach, Samus, Pit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFuprCopHQY
Delfino Plaza: Ike, Pikachu, Sonic, Meta Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjWGe22oNSk
Lylat Cruise: Pit, Fox, Pikachu, Yoshi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2edSEGk9B8
Norfair: Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Sonic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud4UQtclNTo
Pokemon Stadium 2: Pit, Meta Knight, Sonic and Bowser. Bowser performs his final smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfXE_XRC_M
Smashville: Sonic, Pikachu, Peach, Ike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azjiLKD9-3g
Skyworld: DK, Link, Ike, Samus

http://www.gameriot.com/news/4485/E-For-All-videos-Smash-Bros-Brawl/
Shaky camera work. Link, Samus, Ike and Pikachu on Castle Siege. Then Sonic, Mario, Ike and Metaknight on Battlefield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPWo-ardDj8
Mario, Ike, Pikachu and Dark Link on Smashville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_MjeQipww
Diddy (Dixie costume), Bowser, Yoshi and Samus on Yoshi's Island. Giga Bowser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m491-eyQApY
Ike, Pit, Metaknight and Fox on Halberd. Meta's FS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just saw a video of "Super Sonic" where you just control him flying around the screen as he beats the crap out of every character, looked pretty cool. Not much on Snake though.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately, Snake wasn't in the demo. Sonic was though and I think it was just probably to curb the disappointment that the game would be delayed. If I recall correctly, the press conference to formally announce the delay was the same day Sonic was introduced.

If i can remember the list correctly, the only players available for playing were. Mario, Peach, Pitt, Ike, Metaknight, Diddy, Sonic, Fox, Pikachu, Link, Bowser, Samus (Zero Suit Samus), Yoshi and Donkey Kong.

I found it odd that Kirby wasn't in there for use, but I guess Metaknight took his demo spot.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When do you think will they release the game in Europe?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The UK site doesn't list any date (unlike the Japanese and US sites, which give the specific day of release). My guess would be that they're shooting for the same general time frame, so I don't think it will be past late March.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't to play Brawl with friends. The game itself looks really fun, but it doesn't entice me to buy a Wii just for it. Also, these lack of new character updates on the site are weakkkk.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man the release was canceled again. Japan gets it 1 week later and the US gets it in March.
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, hopefully it will not be a long month.

At least they didnt push it back another three months like they did last time..

Sup?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I was very pleased to hear of the delay. I thought it was going to make me rush No More Heroes.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm already getting plenty of hate for this but...

I don't expect much from this game anymore. Every time I've played a game that was delayed, they've rushed it and not given it the time necessary. There are either tons of glitches (QFG4) or the game just isnt what it could have been (FFXII.)

Of course, I think it'd be hard to screw this game up, but the possibility is still there, and my hopes arent that high.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

I don't expect much from this game anymore. Every time I've played a game that was delayed, they've rushed it and not given it the time necessary. There are either tons of glitches (QFG4) or the game just isnt what it could have been (FFXII.)

Of course, I think it'd be hard to screw this game up, but the possibility is still there, and my hopes arent that high.

Don't delays usually mean they aren't rushing the game? I mean, they are spending more time on the game because they feel it is incomplete. I don;t understand why you think it's rushed because they are delaying it.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl's logic runs contradictory to everything that makes sense. My head is going to explode.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

You really don't have to, they are really trying to improve the graphics and bugs. But it still sucks waiting now over a year.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Famitsu gives Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score

Perhaps that will help to ease your worries, Yvl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: