Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viki, Nash and Twilight Forest Ruins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's okay, I wasn't correcting you. I was more trying to set the record straight since Hawk was a bit off too.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I like how V mentioned this incident, but I was hoping they'd mention more than just Viki (like, "some blond-haired dude and a talking barrel were there as well").
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Eh? Suikoden V is six years before Suikoden and 12 years before Suikoden II. The Gate Rune Wars take three years to play out, and then another three years before the Unicorn Brigade incident.

6+3+3 = 12

The Gate Rune Wars only take two years.

EDIT: The problem with mentioning Nash is that the whole thing happens on a back path in Suikogaiden Vol. 2. If the game confirms that Nash was at the Twilight Ruins then it means he didn't help Futch and Humphrey fight the dragon (as far as I know Futch doesn't indicate he knows Nash in SIII). I think the games would rather be vague about the incidents instead.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

Suikoden V is set way before Sukoden I isn't it, Milan? Or were you joking?

I meant they were developed by Konami after Suikoden I and II. So if they made the plot of Viki sending them back in time during the development of the Gaidens, and continued it in V. I and II games wouldn't have any connection to it because they were made before.

I was just saying this to explain why Lorelai didn't recognize Viki and Meg and Millie when they met during Suikoden I and II.

This goes for Nash not knowing Futch and stuff. Since I think Suikogaiden II was made after Suikoden III.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, both Suikogaidens were made before Suikoden 3.

I remember this clearly, because Suikogaiden 2 takes place in the Grasslands. And yet despite this, nothing from Suikogaiden 2 was even included in Suikoden 3 (aside from a reference to the fake Flame Champion from Chpater 1, and Wang becomes Joker). I was looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff about the Grasslands that was mentioned in Suikoden 2 and Suikogaiden 2, but everything they had mentioned or set up was ignored except for the Karaya Clan.

Oh well.

^Actual quote!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
This goes for Nash not knowing Futch and stuff.

Nash and Futch might know each other or they might not, it's not revealed to us either way. Just like it's not revealed whether Nash was at the Twilight Ruins with Viki. That way it can be left up to the individual gamer on which event happened in Suikogaiden Vol. 2 (and Suikogaiden Vol. 1 as well for that matter).
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, Hawk, I know how you came to the conclusion of it being two years long. SuikoX mentions the wars beginning when McDohl takes control of the Liberation Army. But if you quit staring at one timeline for a second, you'll know this isn't clear-cut.

Suikosource wrote:
453 - Gate Rune Wars Begin
Odessa Silverberg forms the Liberation Army. The Gate Rune Wars (Liberation Wars) Start.

457 - Gate Rune Wars End, Toran Established
The son of Teo McDohl leads the Liberation Army to victory. The Scarlet Moon Empire is destroyed and the Toran Republic is formed. The first President is Lepant.

Suikoden =/= Gate Rune Wars. It's erroneous. The war took three years and some odd months.

Now that I'm looking at all this, there's still some confusion that needs to be cleared up.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
455 - Liberation Army Reforms
The Rebel's Hideout at Lenankamp is attacked by the Imperial Army and the Liberation Army was destroyed. Odessa Silverberg dies in this attack. The Liberation Army is reformed soon at the "Old Fortress of Lake Toran" with the son of Teo McDohl as the leader.

457 - Gate Rune Wars End, Toran Established
The son of Teo McDohl leads the Liberation Army to victory. The Scarlet Moon Empire is destroyed and the Toran Republic is formed. The first President is Lepant.

455 is the start of Suikoden I, 457 is the end. Sure you could argue that perhaps the game started in a January and ended in a December but that's still only two years and eleven months, and someone else could just as easily say that Suikoden V ended in a December, making it only five years and one month between SV and SI. But without months and for simplicity sake it's just:

449 (Suikoden V) -> 455 (Start of Suikoden I) = 6 Years
455 -> 457 (End of Suikoden I) = 2 Years
457 -> 460 (Suikoden II) = 3 Years.

And on the topic of the start of the Gate Rune Wars, I'm not sure which is canon, whether it started in 453 with Odessa forming the Liberation Army after Achilles' death or in 455 with Tir after Odessa's death. I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could say the Gate Rune wars officially start when the Liberation Army was formed by Odessa. It's turning point was when Tir took it over and lead it to victory.

If you were going from the time it was created.

53 to 54, 54 to 55, 55 to 56 and 56 to 57. That's 4 years rounded up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: