Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shin Megami Tensei Petition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Shin Megami Tensei Petition Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The purpose of this petition is to appeal to Atlus to localize the games of the Shin Megami Tensei series that were not released outside of Japan. This petition applies to all countries, not just the US, and all of the missing games.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Megaten/petition.html

If you love the series and would like to see the missing titles released outside of Japan, please sign the petition.

Queen of Falena

Potch
Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not happening. The old("real" - ie. not Digital Devil Monogatari) Shin Megami Tensei titles were all released on old consoles. There's no way they'd print and release games for consoles only old people or hardcore gamers own, they'd lose major profit. And you know how picky about profit Atlus USA is(see: Persona 3 FES).

Unless you mean the recently released titles, which include the Devil Summoner 1 for PSP and some Devil Children. I remember reading an interview(I can't remember where for the life of me though) where someone said they wanted to release it stateside, but couldn't because it simply wouldn't sell. The person mentioned DS being ported on PSP as a sort of tribute and favour to oldschool gamers in Japan. I'm sorry I can't give a source. And I kind of agree that it wouldn't sell, it's a first person dungeon crawler with some of the hardest dungeons ever, so I don't think it has enough appeal to sell here. As for the Devil Children games, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm moving this to the advertisements forum since there is already a Shin Megami Tensei thread here. ^^

Oh, and I import the games, which is much better, I think.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't hurt to try. At least if an effort is made to convince Atlus otherwise, it's a 50/50 chance of success or failure. One thing I will note, should contact be made, is perhaps the possibility of a collectors edition.

Queen of Falena

Potch
Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course it's always great to try. It's good to show Atlus that there's interest. But I don't know of any time where gaming companies have made Western-only Collector's Editions. If something like that were ever released in Japan though, there's a chance it might be translated in English.

Usually those are only released after a certain amount of time though, and Shin Megami Tensei is only celebrating its 15th anniversary in 12 days(although is can be considered a special number, there have been no announcements). Besides, they released a lot of their SNES games and one Saturn game for PS1 about 5 years ago(to hype up Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne) so I don't know if we'll get something like that again soon...

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

Potch
Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if they'd remake and conver tthe other games thats not in a dungon scroller form then I'd be more gun-ho. I tryed playing the game emulated (snes) and its annoying me. I get lost to often in it also.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: