Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Command & Conquer Saga

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Command & Conquer Saga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
US, October 2, 2007 - Today Electronic Arts announced it will release the Command & Conquer Saga, a compilation of thirteen games in the long-running C&C franchise. Saga packs in the twelve games that were included in Command & Conquer: The First Decade, released in early 2006, and adds this spring's C&C3: Tiberium Wars.

Saga will contain the following games:

* Command & Conquer (Aug. 1995)
* Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations (April 1996)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert (Oct 1996)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert -- Counterstrike (Mar. 1997)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert -- The Aftermath (Sept. 1997)
* Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Aug 1999)
* Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm (Feb. 2000)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (Oct. 2000)
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert -- Yuri's Revenge (Oct. 2001)
* Command & Conquer: Renegade (Feb. 2002)
* Command & Conquer: Generals (Feb. 2003)
* Command & Conquer: Generals -- Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)
* Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Mar 2007)

The Command & Conquer Saga will be released this month in North America for $49.99.

The only different from the previous compilation is the addition of C&C3: Tiberium Wars in the pack. EA's own website on the matter state the marketing as "celebrating the 12th anniversary of the C&C universe" which was the same moniker used to sell the First Decade pack, instead it was far more realistic in that games weren't compatible with XP and it was the 10th anniversary. So is this just a cash cow for EA to attempt to mooch off the public simply for the 1 increase in total games? Is it simply a pre pack for those who got into the series at Tiberium Wars to tide them over for when Kane's Wrath (the expansion to Tiberium Wars) is released sometime next year? Or perhaps to facilitate the push out of First Decade and be it's replacement?

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ermm its to appeal to people like me. I had and played many of the old C&Cs but the only one I still have the disks for is Generals. It does appeal to me to get all the games in one package, though like you say this is already possible just sans-tiberium wars.

But yeh I don't think there are too many people like me, that are interested in the series but missed the launch of the previous all-in-one pack. I wonder what kind of market they're going for here.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the first decade and will likely buy C&C3 once the expansions have been released and the bugs all ironed out.

If someone hadn't bought the First Decade it would be a good thing to buy, however for those that have it's certainly not worth it.

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting...I have played the series till Tiberian Sun and later I lost interests in it. Probably too long series for me. ;) Nevertheless C&C had great impact on RTS gaming. So like Decado said, good choice if somebody missed previous pack.

On the said note is there some product of EA which isn't cash cow?

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: