Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Early CG TV show gets "ReBoot"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing with ReBoot is you can really see how much CGI has advanced over the years, though it's not fair to compare it to CGI movies which spent years in production, but rather a CGI TV show. The original article doesn't come out and say it, but ReBoot really was the first, not "one of" the first, full CGI animated series.

You can see some of the Disney influence in the first two seasons (since it aired on ABC, ReBoot was subject to the BS&P) particularly with Dot's "monobreast" which... damn, now I can't shake the thought that Dot got a boob job between seasons two and three, even though season three takes place literally seconds after the season two finale. Upgrades must be awesome in Mainframe.

Just like every other series, there are some bad episodes and there were far too many Star Trek references for my taste, and I like Star Trek. So, I guess, with ReBoot you either like it or you don't. Kinda like a lot of the stuff which is on TV these days.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just read about this and I'm pumped. I'm totally seeing this movie if it's a movie on the screen. If it's not I'm definitely finding it however is necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: