Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shadow Hearts 3/From The New World *Update - 03-07-06*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Shadow Hearts 3/From The New World *Update - 03-07-06* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Hearts: From The New World has been released!

(I was a little slow on this one)

Official Site:
http://www.shadowhearts.net/sh3.html
http://www.shadowhearts.net/index.html

News Article:
http://rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2005/030905d.html

Advertisements:
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/up27532.jpg
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/kiramato/up27534.jpg

Screenshots:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0503/game050311b.shtml
http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050325/sh.htm

Trailer:
http://www.uccs.edu/~dgrosche/sh3/sh3-trailer.wmv
http://wms.aruze.com/shnw/shf_adv2_ver7.wmv

(Another One if the other trailer doesn't work):
http://www.gamesmediamirror.com/leech_1197_en.html

Other:
Cover Art: http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0009MZ1W6.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Developer's Diary Translations:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/shadow_hearts/173911.html

GameFAQs Message Board:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=926703

This looks interesting, and from what I've been hearing (On the message board) that Johnney (Or whatever) isn't a Harmonixer since he can use magic (Which he does in the trailer, 1:01-1:06). Another point of interest is that Shania has a tatto on her back (If it matters at all, 0:17) If you look on the official website, it looks like Shania's tatto is part of SH3's logo.

In the article they said that the game was already 60% complete.

Anyways, my only fear with this game, is that they will take away (again) the dark and dreary atmosphere that made Koudelka and Shadow Hearts 1 so great. I'm gonna keep trying to get whatever information I can to keep you guys here informed, but while we wait for more information to arise, what's all all your opinions/speculation about this game?

Last edited by Keriaku on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey,thanks for the info.This game looks so cool,and i must say that FFXII should be careful,because like i've said this game looks impressive.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I think this'll be out after FFXII, because this is said to come out around summer this year in Japan, and hopefully late Fall/Early Winter for NA.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it comes out at all in America. *Points to the Shadow Hearts Covenant Thread where he mused about how sales for SH:C were very poor*

Here's hoping for more info soon.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I added some new screenshots for SH3/From The New World. In them we see a close up of the Emigre Document, a (possible) new character (On page 3, he butler like person) and the Muscle man we see in a few of the screens. I'm gonna continue looking for more information to keep you guys updated :mrgreen:
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. This is awesome, I love the Shadow Hearts games. I have a feeling I'm gonna be spending some time trying to read the advertisements and website (which will be a very slow process for me :( ).

Keriaku wrote:
Anyways, my only fear with this game, is that they will take away (again) the dark and dreary atmosphere that made Koudelka and Shadow Hearts 1 so great.

I second that. I liked SH:C a lot (maybe more than the others), but I definitely liked the atmosphere of 1 and Koudelka a lot more than SH:C's.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SH uses a lot of humor, too; what other game do you know where you have a boss fight in a bathroom or has the hero making lecherous remarks on a lady within the first half hour of a game? :P

I'm really hoping this game comes out in America; I'd love to play it, and since I can't undersand Japanese, it seems like the only way I can understand the plot is if it comes out here. *hopes that this is likely*

I wonder if there will be any returning characters? Some people are saying that the guy with the red hair and high collar in the advertisement looks like Yuri (this guy, but I think that's wishful thinking at best. Halley seems, IMO, a likely return. I don't think Kurando and Anastacia make much sense, unless the game hops to Japan or Russia. (More likely Japan, since by 1929, the Russian Revolution has occured, and Anastasia was dead.) It doesn't seem like Kurando is likely to leave Inugami villiage. The only other one I can really think of is Margarete, but of course, Mata Hari was dead by then, too...I hope at least we'll see peach bat, though. ^_^; I do dearly hope she's playable.

Of the characters we've seen so far...I doubt it, but I kinda hope Shania is the resident harmonixer. We've seen Johnny casting spells without being transformed, which isn't something we've seen with the other harmonixers could do. Actually, I kind of hope Shania is the main character - she seems more interesting than Johnny.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anastasia might be dead. Shut up, shut up, shut up, she's not dead. So :P

>_>

<_<

I could see them leaving it ambiguous as to whether she died or not.

I don't see why they're saying that's Yuri, either. But then, I just turned five when you suggested Anastasia might be dead, so...I'm not one to judge fanboyish behavior. :D

The only way I want Shania to be at all involved in the story right now is if she puts on clothes. Seriously. She's so slutty it's disturbing. And this is coming from someone who didn't think any of the designs in FFX-2 were slutty except for Leblanc, and she was supposed to be slutty. Also, horrible bad evil wrong design aside, I think Johnny is more interesting than her. I mean...What do we know about her so far? Native American Warrior that hunts monsters? We actually have backstory for Johnny.

People that can realistically be back, in my opinion?

Joachim (He could cameo, like Keith did), the Peach Bat, obviously; Halley (How old would he be? Mid Twenties?), Koudelka (She'd be about fifty, I believe), Edward (He'd be...What? Fifty-three or so?), and Roger Bacon.

As for people in history I'd like to see?

Al Capone.

Events from history I'd like to see?

Think about it. Chicago. 1929. Valentine's Day...Need I say more?

Also, I hear there was a stock market crash or something then. ;)

YES. YES IT CAN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think that Shadow Hearts is one of most underrated games out there (of course, so is Suikoden). It in some ways is better then Final Fantasy, yet everyone tends to not think so (of course, it is those who wish that they were Cloud...).

I personally haven't played much of the game (the second one), but from what I played, I thought that it was a really good game.

In terms of RPG humor, then I personally think that the Lunar series is my favorite. It might be mostly serious, but in Lunar: SSSC during Jessie and Kyles fights, Kyles drunkeness, the Damien sculpturing event all kept me laughing forever. Lunar EBC wasn't probably as funny, but still it had its moments...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't wait for the new Shadow Hearts. Although Covenant didn't do that well in sales, I think it developed a grass roots following. A bunch of people saying that it was the underrated RPG of 2004 will help the upcoming sequel.

Yuri was a great hero so the new hero will have some big shoes to fill...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you guys think there will be any black characters in this game, since it is set in America?( Shania is a Native American, and doesn't count. )
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a black guy in one of the screenshots, actually. The first screenshot link, page three, first shot.

YES. YES IT CAN.

lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the shadow hearts/kodelka series. I think it is quite a fun game. I really liked the storyline of shadow hearts 2 a lot. I eventually want to try playing shadow hearts 1 and kodelka.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAJOR SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on the game, spoilers ARE below.

I thought that the idea of Kuroko and Yuri being cousins was really good. It was also kind of interesting to see what Yuri's aunt looked like.

It was obvious Karen was going to have the hots for Yuri, but I still think that added to the story.

And even though Lucia needs to learn to watch her comments, I still think she was hot!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay a Shadow Hearts (ya I know, I should've said it the first time I read this post in March).

Shadow Hearts became one my real obsessions after finishing Shadow Hearts: Convent.

I played Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Convent, and currently playing Koudelka (reached the third disc), and the only thing I can say is w-o-w these games have some breath taking things.

Anyway, I don't want to start bragging about the series in this thread, but will be sure to do it in a general Shadow Hearts one.

I saw the trailer and it looks more than good, nothing much in it but the little things are still great.

Everything looks kinda the same, it seems the same in the screenshots and the trailer but I'm sure we can notice major difference while playing it.

The characters look nice and some of them look creepy, and everyone and everything is clearer.

Johnny the brat seems fine to me, but I'm not going to love him if he is nothing like Anastasia (I love that kid), Shania look stiff but kind, I don't know about any other character but I really hope the pink bat is one of them, I either want her as a foxy bloodsucking vampire or a cute brat like Anastasia (I love that kid... oh, I already said that), and I really really really hope Roger Bacon is also one of the characters or even palyable even if it was for a little time (like Ouka and her slaves), he teased us twice already, he owe us, and yes he is alive, he can't die (I think).

It would also be impressive if they turn to china direction and get the Dalai Lama in the way, if not then maybe they can turn a little bit to India and get Gandhi in the group (I'm joking, he would be sixty or more at that time, though it would be something to see him in the game).

There are a lot of things I secretly want to see in the game, but since they are secrets (embarrassing silly somewhat dirt secrets) I'm gonna stop wishing right now.

It will be a long time until this game comes in here, a long time for me to finish all my fantasies on this game, but I'm not that patience, I need more info ^_^.

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It would also be impressive if they turn to china direction and get the Dalai Lama in the way, if not then maybe they can turn a little bit to India and get Gandhi in the group (I'm joking, he would be sixty or more at that time, though it would be something to see him in the game).

Well, i thought it would be pretty good if the party in Shadow Hearts 3 get to go to the Middle East. Many of the world's most ancient cities are located there, like Baghdad, Jericho, Persepolis, Jerusalem, and Damascus. Besides, we get to see deserts in Shadow Hearts 3 too :D .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: