Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zodiac Sword / Ted's Village
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think whatever the reason they went back in time, or were shown those period of events in history is fairly irrelevant, be it the Sword, the Cave or both, but what matters is that we come to the conclusion that they weren't actually involved in the timeline, and what we as the player witnessed was a reenactment of Ted's life.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that killed the topic :D
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just think that by disturbing the sword, with its mighty power it threw them back into the past to a moment in which they would find out the story behind the rune, but the swords intent was to get rid of the intruders and not be disturbed
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess we should be happy that the Soul Eater of circa 450 and the one of 300 years prior didn't explode or end the universe when they came so close together. :shock:
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster, bringing that up brings a whole new argument to the table. Nobody even mentioned the fact that the SE was on Tir, and Ted's grandfather. If they had actually traveled back in time, wouldn't that cause the SE from Tir to no longer be there because it was actually on Ted's grandfather? Or wouldn't there have been some kind of interaction/clash between the two being there at the same time?

I guess if you really think about it, there are way too many loose ends to try and tie up no matter what Konami says, because we the fans will always find some kind of continuity/plot issue that they let slip by. And then, when they try to tie up that loose end they either leave something out, or forget about something else, which creates more loose ends.

Just like Dane Cook said it's all a vicious cirlce.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was a vision back into the past I assume, thats why there was two soul eaters. The party were thrown back in time in a vision was practically real. The fact it was just a vision caused by the sword which was physically involving would explain alot.

The thing that confused me was the fact that Neclord recognised the part and Viktor? That again unearth other issues about this "vision".

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to think that the visit to Ted's Village (300 years in the past) was actual time travel. True Runes have the ability to show past events (the True Fire Rune, Luc's Wind Rune, and the Rune of Punishment all did this), but what the Night Rune did in transporting Tir and his friends back to Ted's Village was very different. In the other cases, we only witnessed the past as if it was playing on a screen, while in Ted's Village we actually participated in the events.

I suspect the cave itself is enchanted so it can link to the past, and the Night Rune was able to harness this power. Interesting topic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: