Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think Jillia was pregnant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

They may still have plans for a child now that the child would no longer be considered an heir ( unless the Highland Kingdom magically rose once again from dust ). During a ti

I dont think they will have ac child at the ending jowy seperatd from jilia
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Separation does not mean that he has absolutely no intention to go back. Though fraternizing with his supposedly deceased wife would do them more harm than good.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Separation does not mean that he has absolutely no intention to go back. Though fraternizing with his supposedly deceased wife would do them more harm than good.

tahts true and since pilika is with jilia im qite sure jowy will come back
Anton Misri

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy returning for Jillia is also possible because of the "Higheast Rebellion" storyline. You can hear Watari and Ayame in Suikoden 3 speak of the rebellion; Ayame mentions Watari's loyalty towards a female figure. Maybe this is Jillia? If this is the case, it is possible the Higheast Rebellion had Jillia as a figurehead, and maybe Jowy was also involved.

This is baseless speculation based on very little factual information.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
something tells me that "protection" wasn't rightly available in the Suikoden world.

Well, the technology is definitely there in the Suikoden II world (especially for royalty) as the oldest condoms on record were from 1640 in England. And there's a document from the 16th century describing how to make and use a condom to prevent infections.

Not to mention the murals that are over 3,000 years old showing Egyptions wearing condoms (not mentioning because there's really no idea as to whether they were, uh...functional or for ceremonies and such)

Anyway, yeah. It's hugely unlikely that she's pregnant. Even if she and Jowy did ever have sex (which, to be honest, I doubt they did), it would have been well before things started to go south for him, which means she would definitely have been at least showing in the ending.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IF jilia was pregnat most probably jowey will mention it to nanami and riou when they visited jilia
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^
Which he probably did but the scene was not fleshed out as well as it should be because of the nature of the presentation (once again it was 2d with a 48 X 48 scale at most for character sprites) thus making me quite confused what they intended when they show that scene. Nanami was clearly concerned why Jowy did not try to talk to Jillia so something of import was present in that scene.

----
BTW have you noticed when the three left Kyaro that Nanami kissed Riou, surprising the latter as she ran away playfully. It seems that the utter laziness of their obviously talented sprite artists were apparent in the later part of the game (it must have been incredibly rushed for whatever reason).
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they could of done something sensual then again Jilla could of had indigestion, and maybe holding her belly made it feel better?

but would Jowsy obligation to politics and scheming be in the way for the romance he wished he had in his youth?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he never loved her anyways. She was just another step bringing him further to claim might in Highland. Maybe he had some sympathie later on for her but that I don't know for sure. What wonders me more is what happened to her in Harmonia. Is she really Queen? And what happened to Pilika?
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I don't think Jowy had sex with Jillia at all. Jowy doesn't seem to be the kind to have sex at a whim. Plus, I think he felt guilty about getting Jillia involved with everything he did. Judging by their last conversation, I don't think they talked a whole lot alone, especially since Jillia mentioned she knew she was being used. Even if they did, I don't really suspect they talked a lot, or were completely open with each other. I have a hard time believing Jowy would actually ask Jillia to have his child, if he wasn't fully open with her. So if he felt guilty for all the pain he's caused her, I think it would of discouraged him from touching her.
I think that's why they showed the fading out scene, since Jowy felt he was unworthy of her, and Jillia was waiting for Jowy to let him hold her. When Jillia realized, this was it, she wasn't going to see him again, she ran up to him and said her goodbyes. What she did to with him is debatable, but I think she just kissed him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: