Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI General Discussion Thread. I Guess.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably lost.

If we're talking about Xbox Live downloads, you would porbably just be asked to enter the name of your army or main character or whatever from the previous game. Then any extra content would be unlocked and you'd have your custom names in the story.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could use it in the old games themselves, with New Game Plus.

Also, remember the hassle that PS3 has with old PlayStation saves. They are not supported out of the box, and old memory cards don't fit into the PS3. To use old saves, you have to buy a $19.99 adapter, and then transfer the saves to "virtual memory cards" on the PS3.

I'm sure that Konami is working on Suikoden VI, but we might not see the game until 2008 or even 2009, even in Japan. Possible dates for new news are E3 in June or TGS in the fall. Personally, I'm hoping for a confirmation of a Wii version.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in all honesty, I think the data might be lost anyway even if it is on PS3 - I think the chances of Konami building in an option to transfer data fro a memory card when the accesory to do so is optional (eg, not everyone's going to have it) and complicated. I do think it will likely return ala side games like Rhapsodia and perhaps closely related sequals in the main series, ala Suikoden I to Suikoden II.

Onimaru wrote:
Suiko IV's saved data was able to transfer to Rapsodia, so this function was utilized. That would make Suiko5 the only game in the series that cannot use previously saved data and/or it's data cant be loaded into another game (yet)

Rhapsodia isn't part of the main series though...And correct me if I'm wrong, but when was Suikoden III's data used?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Onimaru wrote:
Suiko IV's saved data was able to transfer to Rapsodia, so this function was utilized. That would make Suiko5 the only game in the series that cannot use previously saved data and/or it's data cant be loaded into another game (yet)

Rhapsodia isn't part of the main series though...And correct me if I'm wrong, but when was Suikoden III's data used?

Suikoden III's data isn't usable (yet?) but you do use the file transfer system to load in data from Suikoden II, making it a re-accuring function in the series. As for Rapsodia...ok, it's title isn't "suikoden #" but it does use saved data, has suikoden characters, and it's story is an official part of the suiko world timeline.

I hate you Onimaru.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I've said this before, but - I can't see s6 being released for any other console other than the PS3.

Possibly. But even if they started working on it for PS3 now they could finish it and do a port for 360 latter. But somehow I would doubt even that. Suikoden games take a while to make as it is so I wouldn't bet on Konami investing in a port. But I could very well see Konami doing Suikoden 6 or a spin off type game for Wii. It's big at least for the moment and they have to know by the now that graphics aren't the first thing on suikoden fan's mind's.

And by the way, I predict we will get an official announcement with in a year.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recent trends aren't very favorable towards Suikoden VI appearing on PS3, at least exclusively. In an article with Reuters, Konami's American and European operations chief Kazumi Kitaue handles Sony and the PS3 with some pretty rough words. He's talking about MGS4, but basically he's saying that the PS3 install base doesn't cover the development costs even for a megahit like MGS4. Now what about a much smaller series like Suikoden, which still has a lot of expensive development needs like all the different 108 Stars of Destiny? It looks like Konami is backing out of their support for PS3.

It also occurred to my mind that Konami might still be resentful of Sony's attitude towards the PSP collection of Suikoden I & II. Konami had wanted to release it in the US, but it was Sony, SCEA more specifically, that blocked the game from being released, because it didn't have enough "new content". Sony basically flat out said to Konami that they don't care about Suikoden, while at the same time, Square releases the first two Final Fantasies all over on the PSP again... as separate games. I wouldn't be too surprised if Konami shifted Suikoden to DS, Wii or multiplatform because of things like these, the PS3's small install base and Sony's reluctance to accept Suikoden I & II PSP for US release. We'll just have to wait and see... but who knows, maybe there will be something at Konami's upcoming E3 press conference?
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they really should overwork the Trinitysightsystem from S3. It has a lot of potential but after a second look it was ridicolous. I mean except for certain scenes you played like the whole games trice. I know at some points this statement is not true but this is the way I feel summing up the whole thing. If they put in several characters in different regions, with exclusive SoD only each one of them can individually recruit and use, and combine their paths like in S3, with the exception that each one of them have exclusive events, characters, towns etc. ( without repeating certain areas) then I think it would make a whole new experience. Also they should add a unpredictible plot like in S2. Because I personally thought the ultimate goal was to defeat Luca Blight and then the game was over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: