Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Single Character Magic Combinations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saben wrote:
With Camus it would have been a matter of being lucky enough for him to get higher than average magic stats. As for Tir, I'm not sure of his actual stats as he is not listed at Suikosource, but yes, I believe he has a B rank in MAG although I cannot confirm that. :P

Well you see, oh great holy one, I use Tir all the time, and when I got to Tinto with him he was at level 47 or around it, and I could cast Judgement twice. So I figured that I could put on a Lightning and Rage rune so that I have two people to cast 2x magic, but Blazing Camp still doesn't compare to Judgment, so I took off the runes but the Fire, and gave him a ressurection just in case. Anyways, my point is that Tir has high B low A level magic. And it only takes a little bit from when you get him, to get him to cast 2x magic. But it's not needed with his Soul Eater.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except some magics not only attack the enemy, they heal your allies. I'm not sure if they can revive them as well, but I'm pretty sure a water/wind combination will heal your entire team.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Characters like Rina and Flik are more than enough to perform the rune combinations...

And Blazing camp is not the only one available... Namely, the elements combine as such, fire and lightning, lightning and water, water and wind, wind and earth, earth and fire.

Yep... There should be more characters who is able to achieve high enough MAG stat to get 2 4th spell rune slots, and thus being able to cast the combination magics...

And well, water and wind does heal the entire team, AND damage the opponent at the same time. But to me, lightning water is the best because it heals your entire party, though lesser than water and wind, but it happens to deal alot of damage to the enemy as well... Well, i can't remember exactly how much though...
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

with camus, i'm sure it was a fluke; it only happened a few times, and that was a long time back (at least 2 years). has any one else had a character do something similar, cast a spell at a level that, realistically, they shouldn't be able to? :?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every character who can cast Lv4 magic twice can perform a rune combination but in my opinion it is not that powerful and a waste of Lv4 magic because those characters can deal more damage with only one rune , for example luc i gave him a cyclone rune and his Lv4 magic deals more damage than any combination attack.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What combinations were there in Suikoden 1?? i got this cocoon looking one but that is the only one I saw is there any others?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've found that Flik if equipped with a fire and lightning rune can get his spells high enough to use blazing camp.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir actually gets a high enough magic stat to have 3 level 4 spells by the time he gets to lvl 99. I always have Thunder / Flowing / Soul Eater on him, because then he can do the water-lightning combine ( it is the best ) and a Judgement.

Even though I have this set up I generally end up doing 3 Judgements anyway. Riou's a good enough healer.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
I learned about them on accident. I don't really like them, I wanted to cast two level 4 spells, but instead they gave me something else. I had no idea what was going on. But yeah, it was Mazus and Luc, final battle. I've never tried anything else, unless it was an accident again. Flik can do one, can't he? I'm pretty sure I've seen him contribute one half of one.

Yeah, but those are the two-person magic combos. Those can be done by two people who each cast one level 4 spell (as long as they are of two elements that combine) on the same turn. For the one person magic combos, it takes one person with two level 4 spells, and it actually becomes an option that you can choose in the magic menu, so you can see its effects and stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: