Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdoms, Queendoms and Factions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulmate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite group are the tribes of the grasslands. I haven't seen the chisha clan fight but I like how the tribes work together to fight a common enemy. Like when the Zexens were accused of murdering the Lizard clan lizard and Lucia and Dupa worked together and raised arms against the Zexen. I love there weapons. Lucia's whip, the karayans curvy swords, the lizards glides, the alma kinan womens' crossbows(although I do like bows better) and the ducks polearms(don't know what they really are) compared to common swords used by the Zexen.(no offense though) :?
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

soulmate wrote:
and the ducks polearms(don't know what they really are) :?

The fuzzy wuzzy ducks weilded halberds.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I really like deserts. I practically live in one, and I love driving through them on trips. Especially on moonlit nights in the middle of summer. I guess what I'm trying to say... Is that Tinto's both one of my favorite places and my forum home :D

My second place is Alma Kinan of the Grasslands, and in third... Probably Jowston.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shum

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a Zexen Knight would be a blast. You're part of a young country trying to prove itself in the world. You have great equipment and more than enough funding. Not to mention the fact that you get to reside in Brass Castle.... how awesome is that?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like what Camus did here, so I am going to completely steal his idea and make a cool little list of nations as well.

City-States of Jowston - A weak confederation of states, which seem to bicker with each other entirely too much for their own good. They obviously didn't put much thought into common defense, as they fracture at the first sign of battle from Highland (strangely enough, immediately after fighting a couple of wars with Highland, where such fracturing obviously didn't take place...). The moral of the story is: infighting is lame.

Dunan Republic - Since we know (or at least, I know) almost nothing about Dunan after the Unification War, I can't say much, but the very term Unification War indicates that they have removed one of the City-State's greatest problems.

Scarlet Moon Empire - I love the Scarlet Moon Empire. I really do. They were bloodthirsty, corrupt, and ruled by what seems to be more than one pretty bad (alignment wise, not competency wise) Emperor. I don't know why that would appeal to me (probably some of the characters that hail from Scarlet Moon), but hell, I was thrilled when I got sorted into this nation on the board. :) Second only to my beloved Harmonia.

Grasslands - Grasslands is a split camp for me. I don't like the ducks at all, all of my least favourite moments in Suikoden III involved the duck clan. On the other hand, I love the Karayans, and I'm at least okay with the others. Pretty good group of folks (I <3 Lucia).

Zexen Confederacy - I don't see why everyone raves on and on about these guys. I suppose they were alright, and I liked Chris a lot, but most of the other knights in her group bored me to tears. They get a decided 'meh' from me.

Kingdom of Highland - Some of my favourite characters come from Highland, a powerful nation, with a proud race of people living in it. It seems tragic that their nationalism reached the point that it did under Luca Blight's leadership, but hey, I liked them anyway. I think their soldiers look cool.

Holy Kingdom of Harmonia - Powerful beyond comprehension, highly racist, and full of greedy theocrats looking to gather all the True Runes to themselves. What's not to like? Some selling points of Harmonia for me are:
1) The Howling Voice Guild. Just try and pretend they're not screamingly cool.
2) Other characters. In fact, I like pretty much every character to come from Harmonia. Luc, Nash, Sasarai, Elza, Clive..Dios I don't care about...but Albert was one of my favourite characters as well...yeah. Pretty awesome.

Island Nations - I like Lino En Kuldes...but since I've only completed a small portion of Suikoden Tactics, I'm left with the very limited exploration of everything provided by Suikoden IV. I reserve judgement on these guys.

Kooluk Empire - Same as above, with the exception of having some very cool characters. I haven't seen anyone of particular interest in Tactics yet, but I liked Colton, Troy, and Graham Cray from Suikoden IV...though I wish they'd done more with all three of them. Plus I think their soldiers look cool.

Some other random organizations of interest:
Howling Voice Guild - I touched on this in Harmonia. These guys are definitely my favourite subgroup in the Suikoden world thus far.

Maximillian Knights - I came to like these guys quite a bit in III, because I liked the fellow from them, though I forget his name. Pretty cool group.

The Pirates from Suikoden IV/Tactics - I've come to adore Kika, Brandeau, Edgar, and to a lesser extent, Sigurd and Hervey. Loads of awesome.

Karaya Clan - Also of note...easily my favourite of the Grasslands crew. I really like their style of dress, and everything that you see of them between Suikoden II and Suikoden III. Plus I like Lucia. That never hurts. The only sore spot with me is Lulu...man, that guy got old.

I probably forgot something...but hey.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i do not have a particularly favourite group but i tend to side with the underdogs. I also like groups that are loosely organized and do not have a very formal atmoshpere about them.
So almost al of the smaller groups are my favourite. I may make an exception now and then, but that totally depends on who that group consists of.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Camus has good method to render it so I will follow his way.

Scarlet Moon Empire
Absolut monarchy where's the emperor falling in love to his court magician. Sort reminding me into The French Monarchy. I don't think I'll live here. I have enough to face corruption.

Toran Republic
It's lead by president but since I don't know any detail I can't give my judgement. I don't know if here parlianment is exist.

City States of Jowston
The system can be bad if the major leader doesn't have enough charisma and leadership. They have weak military power since it doesn't unified in one ruler (forget about Matilda you still need Garudo for their power).

Dunan Republic
More unified that Jowston but I doubt how they choose their leader like Toran Republic.

Tinto Republic
Guild Miner. Have same atmosphere like communist country. Well I don't like live in hot area so I won't live here.

Grassland
Okay I'll live here. I AM a Grasslander and beside that Grassland has so many forest around also it's a place where you can meet Duck and Lizard clans.

Zexen Confederacy
I feel they're sort of like Tinto only in Zexen the governmenship hold by a council. I might live here and beside that it's near my homeland, Grassland.

Harmonia
I'll live here if I'm born in high class family but I won't if I'm born in low class family. A war and true rune monger country.

Island Nation
I highly doubt the security of the area. Pirates are everywhere.

Kooluk Empire
I don't really know about this area :P

Queendom of Falena
Woman is the ruler, multicultural society, Gladiator...
Soooo Yess. I'll to live here.

Nameless Lands
No information around, huh.

Dragon Knights
Their leader can make good use of the rune. I like this place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like most of the countries introduced so far in the seires, but if I'd hae to choose between all of them, it probably be between Zexen or the Dunan Republic.

Zexen has the coolest knight faction in the series, as well as a trading business that reflects it's prosperity and commerce. And for being a small country they have defended themselves well against the Grasslands and Harmonia (and to an extent Tinto).

Dunan is of course from Jowston, but without all the bickering from Jowston Hill. It is a more unified country with a wise leader and many different cultures in it's border. They managed to defend and maintain control in the Higheast Province (formerly known as Highland) and seem to have become a force on the conteinent.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would say dunan because it's the region i am the most attached to because two is my favorite game of all time. when i found out that they appointed teresa leader i was happy because i felt that all the hard work and lives that went to ending the war would not bein vain. i also liked the people of greenhill because they were a unified city during the highland invasion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: