Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Movie thought
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Movie thought Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's just imagine for a moment if someone got a wild hair to go and make a live action movie or an animated cartoon of a Suikoden game say number 2 since it seems most people say it was the best. Can you think of any actors or actresses that you would like to see portray of do the voice over for any particular character. I can think of a few off of the top of my head.

Viktor- Hugh Jackman since he played a good Wolverine and I see
them as being alot alike.

Luca- John Travolta because he plays a great maniacal villain.

Hauser- Lawrence Fishborne from The Matrix, he has strong presence.

And yes I am aware of the fact that gathering a huge cast of characters with a lot of big name stars is all but impossible, this is just for thoughts as to who you think would do a part justice.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugh Jackman is a good idea, but I have to say a big NO to John Travolta as Luca. It may just be my fiendish love for him, but Luca needs to be attractive. Besides, Travolta is getting too old. Luca was young in 2.

And I just had a terrible thought of Haley Joel Osmond as Riou.

Although it might actually work. Damnit.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Haley Joel Osmond is Riou-ish for sure, but it is difficult to imagine him fighting. It'd work though.

Luca is hard, because you'd need a total badass with a real scary voice; perhaps Vin Diesel (although he may be a crappy actor). Perhaps Brad Pitt can do it as well, because his roles in his recent movies have geared towards similar mentalities.

I've always though Hauser would be Densel Washington.

Richmond would be Oliver Platt, definitely!

How about Luc? Daniel Radcliffe? They both seem to have radical fangirls and are archetypal "boy mage"s.

Either Tim Curry or Christopher Walken would make a good Neclord, although the former would be more creepy, while the latter would be more scary.
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HAHA Walken would be a great Neclord. Haley Joel Osmond for Riou...WTF!?!?! I hate that kid, hes too little kiddish and it would be horrible.

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HECK NO TO TRAVOLTA!
Mercenary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haley Joel Osmond is terrible for Riou, hmm what about Jowy? who could play his part? Maybe Daniel Radcliffe for Riou? I dont know its hard to think who could fit the parts.
:?
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about any Suikoden II characters, but I've always thought that Rosie O'Donnell would be perfect for Juppo.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oliver Platt.. big yes. Daniel Radcliffe, though... I don't know, he doesn't seem very Luc. Not angsty/whiny/annoying enough. Brad Pitt should definitely be cast somewhere, and Viggo Mortensen would make a good Agares. He is a king, after all.

And I know Haley Joel sucks and everyone hates him, but he looks like Riou. We'll just teach him to use tonfa, make him bulk up a little, and everything will be fine. And while we're at it, let's get Keira Knightly to play Jillia.
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Keira is super hot. Ugghh, there must be other people who look like Riou and aren't as annoying as Haley.

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well personally I think if they were to make a movie like this they should make it starring people who are looking to start out in the buisiness to give it a newcomer feel. I would love to play the Luca character as I like playing the evil maniacle type when just fooling around so I think it would be fun (fyi, when not looking for regular work I go out and do extra work and try and audition for anything I can find) Then again for something of this nature they would need established stars to play the more important roles. So I guess if it were to happen my playing Luca would be out of the question huh?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should have new faces, a lot of em, but a lot of experienced people too.

StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm terrible to remember actors names... but let's try
Hmm I think Johnny Depp could be Kahn.

That actor that played gandalf on lord of the rings could make a good lord granmeyer (although it's such a small part..).

Miklotov could be played by Josh Hartnet, even though I don't like him much.

L.C.Chen could be Jackie Chan haha

Ken Watanabe could be Pesmerga O.o or someone else hehe (yea, he should be in the movie)
Hmm there are more that I think look like some actor, but I just can't think of any now >< but omg, no Brad Pitt!

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, I know a perfect role for Tom Cruise. Jess!! Perfect! Orlando Bloom would also fit that part.

Teresa can be either Renee Zellwegger or Charlize Theron, both are good blonde female actors (as opposed to Cameron Diaz). Or perhaps even Scarlet Johansson.

And yeah, Ian Mckellan as Granmeyer sounds fitting (Galdalf).

Keira Knightly is a good choice, but she doesn't seem like a Jillia. Jillia is just weak, and Knightly is best at characters who are strong at heart (in my opinion). She can possibly be Leknaat. I can't think of a good Jillia... hmm, how about Thora Birch? (American Beauty, the D&D Movie and Ghost World).

And every movie needs Kevin Bacon--he can be Makai.

Kiba can be done by Sean Connery, because Connery seems to have made a niche these days by being the "old dude with skill who dies towards the end" in movies these days.

Riou is very hard for sure.

Last edited by Vextor on Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the lead singer of the Vines could play Caesar. They got the same moppy hair and droopy eyes. All that dude would have to do is dye his hair red
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lovin' the Walken-Neclord thing great potential. How about a Heath Ledger as a certain knight named Borus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: