Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Weapons/armor in the training room

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Weapons/armor in the training room Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do the weapon upgrades and armor that you put on people, carry over if you have to fight against them in the training room? I was playing my completion file earlier today and I thought of that. If it does, you could really increase your chances of winning in the later rounds by simply stripping people of their armor when they're not in your party.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it does. When I was doing the level 99 deal, I recall that runes they had still functioned in the training room, so it wouldn't be too much of a leap to assume that equipment does as well.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not quite sure, but if I remember correctly, they didn't carry over because I remember being in position where all the characters that showed up on later rounds ended up being stronger than those in earlier rounds. So I just assumed "early rounds = weak, later rounds = strong". Obviously I could be wrong though as I haven't played Suikoden IV for ages.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the weapons might since their appearance doesn't change. As for the runes, I think those are randomized or something, unless it's a signature rune. I've seen people use runes that aren't even supposed to have one at all.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I removed some of the runes I had equipped on some characters and they no longer used those extra runes. I often didn't give them the chance to use them, but they never did when I didn't quite kill them in one move, for example. They might retain their "default" runes for all I know, but they didn't use the runes I unequipped.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have characters that I never gave a rune, and didn't come equipped with one, using one against me, though. I am playing the training room, literally as I type this, and Selma just used a wind rune, Dario an earth rune, and Champo an earth rune in the 3rd round. In the 4th round, Selma and Keneth both used lightning and Ugetsu used an earth rune and killed my party with earthquake. Now, if I go to the roster and check to see which runes they currently have, Selma only has a water rune, Dario has no runes, Champo has no runes, Keneth has a lightning rune, and Ugetsu has a water rune. This leads me to conclude that while the runes that they already have may play a factor and be used, it can also be randomized.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've found that certain characters use certain Runes more often. Ameria, for instance, loves to blast me with fire when I go in there. Most types of magic I can handle, but for some reason fire tends to kick my ass! Usually I find out who uses fire and shove them in my boat parties so they can't appear in the Training Hall at all.

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fire screws up your whole party, and when said party is composed of only four people it can be disastrous if it is followed by another strong attack. And the characters that show up in each round are buffed up (or debuffed) to an especified level according to the Stage. It is part of the reason you can actually level up to max level.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, to clarify things, no, runes you equip to people don't carry over to the training room. I believe all those are randomized. Most of my roster did not have runes attached to them (except the permanently attached ones like Viki's Blinking and Katarina's Water) yet they still used runes in the training hall.

I have also stripped the armors of pretty much everyone except the characters I tend to use often, and there is not a disparity of damage between the ones that I stripped and the ones I did not, so armor does not seem to carry over either.

I'm not so sure about the weapons though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: