Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Beef Cake!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynxWare

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Beef Cake!!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey,
I was just wondering how many ppl power level at the begining of the suikoden games?I just started suikoden 3 over and have been leveling up since i started.i am currently at lvl 21 i have almost all my skills at b+(all the ones that can be)And i can take down any of the epic monsters in 3 rounds.And i just got through the forest,does everyone else lvl alot before continuing the story?I also think it makes the later parts of the game easier.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont. I honestly never had to. I think in every Suikoden game you get enough encounters to be at a moderate level to face all enemies. I rather level up near the end of the game because I want my favourite characters at a high level and good weapon levels.
LynxWare

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good point.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks to the Matlida glitch in Suikdoen II I get a nice level and gear boost early on every time I play. Nothing quite like being level 40 when you should be level 12. Even during the limited time I've played Suikoden III I tend to try to boost my party's level up higher than it would normally be for whatever area I'm in at the time. It makes things just a little bit easier on both me and my Potch wallet. And that's a good thing.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course I didnt want to critisise your enjoyment of leveling up. Thats one thing you should really enjoy in a RPG.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

only time i've done it was during suikoden II with the matilda gate glitch.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only done it during the Matilda Glitch thing as well, considering I had played that game quite a few times, I wanted to get over the beginning early on.

Oh, and I did do it towards the end of Suikoden 4 using the Reinhold (sp?) glitch.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I consider myself a "power leveler", I spend alot of times at the begging trying to get any extra levels I can. Usually I set a goal for myself: "I'll get level 5 before I move onto this part, I'll get level 10 before I leave this area, I'll get level 15 before I continue with the story.." that sort of thing, and gradually I find that I end up spending a great amount of time throughout the game leveling up. I would love to be able to level up extrodinarily at the begging of the games, but for most suikoden games the monsters in the begging area's will only get you so far before you're being ridiculous about it (i.e. getting only 1 or so xp per kill). As much as I like doing that, I don't know how well that works with the suikoden games because the xp the monsters hand out generally "put" you at the required level. most recently I've been playing suikoden 1, and went and got my prosperity rune right off the bat, that put me at level 14 at the start of play.

I hate you Onimaru.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whenever I try to power level or something like that, I usually stop when the EXP I get is below 100 per battle, assuming I am using the conventional six-person party. I think that's a good measure of having my level a bit over the average, but at the same time, not too high to the point where I could only get 5 EXP per battle, which is the lowest amount of EXP you could get in Suikoden.

The only incidents I found myself power-leveling are in Suikoden, before fighting the Zombie Dragon in Toran Castle. Admittedly, it was quite hard during my first few playthroughs, so I had to level a little bit above 20 to be able to beat it. The Elven Forest helps power level this early in the game, but the monsters there were quite difficult. Even with power leveling, the damn Zombie Dragon still provided quite a challenge, too.

In Suikoden II, the Matilda trick is easily the first power-leveling that I have ever done, but I did not really have the power-leveling mentality during that time. It was mostly out of necessity more than anything. After all, how could you survive the place just relying on your Level 5 weapons and a few Fire Emblems? You really had to level just to get Humphrey and Futch at that early point in the game. Oh, and there's also that Level 99 trick, which I admit I tried on every single character in the game, including Riou and Nanami. =\

Suikoden III... the best example here is the Level 99 trick, but it was only usable with Chris Lightfellow. It took quite a lot of the challenge in the game, in my opinion, so I never repeated it after trying it the first time. I think this game though, is the only game where I excessively leveled myself up, not because of the experience, but moreso because of the skill points. The best example would be during Geddoe Chapter 1, getting Geddoe to have an A in Lightning Magic and B+ in Armor Protect very early on so that I could take on "Chris" and the other "Zexen Knights" at the Great Hollow, and there's also Hugo in his Chapter 1, in preparation for Yuber during Chapter 2 at the Ancient Highway, and finally, Chris during Chapter 3 in preparation for Yuber, Luc and Sarah at the Alma Kinan Village. Rico with a B+ in Shield Magic ftw!!! =\

In Suikoden IV, I never tried trying to get to Level 99 early on using Reinhold's training arena, though I did try my hand at it later on in the game.

In Suikoden Tactics, I tried my best not to level up too much, because in order to get S ranks in the maps, you have to be able to accumulate lots of experience points during the battle, so I had to keep them at the lowest possible level I could without being too weak against the enemies.

As for Suikoden V... there's really no opportunities to power level in this game. The "power" really stands on the runes you equip. The only times I excessively fought enemies was just to accumulate skill points, but levels really did not make much of an impact at all.
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually don't. In SII I did I went to Maltida at like lvl 16 once Riou and Jowy got there runes and PL up to lvl 36, lol. I wish I wouldnt have now where im at in game, I get no XP for monsters and stuff, lol. But I don't die either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: