Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikocrap - A Concept
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this thread is losing it's point with the heated discussion of minute obscure facts. It's intended to be a Suikocrap compendium not a debate about if The Beast Rune is still embedded at L'renouille or strategic decisions made by Shu.

That said one thing that amused me is if when challenging Tai Ho to Chichinorin you can lose dozens of times yet as soon as you win he instantly deems you to be lucky and throws his lot in with you on that basis.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes and perhaps you are saying that they created a teleport slot to carry you to Sajah Laughing Wait there IS NO teleport slot to sajah! Hehehe... sorry I can't resist. The reason why it is not restricted it is because it was intentionally left open.

I don't see any relation between "teleport to Sajah" and "leaving L'Renouille open intentionally" at all. What's your point? You don't need to teleport to L'Renouille to reach Sajah. I'm confused with your post.

Quote:
And by any chance have you seen this:
http://www.geocities.com/ferrouslupusrex/LEON.JPG

Interesting. But I still disagree with you.

To me, Leon meant "sealed" as in the Beast Rune will be in dormancy after being defeated that it would be similar as in being sealed (not freed by Luca) because if the Beast Rune was not defeated, then it would be freed because there was no Jowy to keep it at bay anymore. Rather than waiting for it to be unleashed on its own when Riou was not there to beat it, Leon decided to release it right there and then instead.

As for Jowy's bit about stopping the Beast Rune from being freed, well that is exactly what "keeping it at bay" meant. It means that Jowy was constantly using Black Sword Rune to prevent Beast Rune from freeing. There was nothing to indicate that the prevention would be permanent (fully sealing the Beast Rune).

Now let's see my opinion of what happened in chronological order:
1. Beast Rune in L'Renouille
2. Beast Rune was fed with Muse citizens
3. Beast Rune was about to be unleashed by Luca Blight
4. Luca Blight died, but Beast Rune was still already fed and about to be unleashed
5. Jowy Blight used his Black Sword Rune to temporarily stop Beast Rune (a.k.a. keep Beast Rune at bay)
6. Jowy Blight escaped L'Renouille
7. There was no one to keep Beast Rune at bay anymore
8. Beast Rune could be unleashed as Black Sword Rune's "seal" to keep it at bay would be slowly weakening due to no more Jowy there
9. Leon sped up the process of the unleashing of Beast Rune so that it could be defeated straight away and put it back to dormant again

To me, that order of events is logical

Now let's see what would happen if we were to use your idea:
1. Beast Rune in L'Renouille
2. Beast Rune was fed with Muse citizens
3. Beast Rune was about to be unleashed by Luca Blight
4. Luca Blight died, but Beast Rune was still already fed and about to be unleashed
5. Jowy Blight used his Black Sword Rune to permanently stop and seal the Beast Rune
6. Jowy Blight escaped L'Renouille
7. Leon Silverberg released the Beast Rune --> WHY?

It is not logical as there is zero reason for Leon to do so.

EDIT: Decado is right. Sorry about hijacking the thread. I'll stop now. Sorry, guys.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
I think this thread is losing it's point with the heated discussion of minute obscure facts. It's intended to be a Suikocrap compendium not a debate about if The Beast Rune is still embedded at L'renouille or strategic decisions made by Shu.

That said one thing that amused me is if when challenging Tai Ho to Chichinorin you can lose dozens of times yet as soon as you win he instantly deems you to be lucky and throws his lot in with you on that basis.

Thanks, Decado. :wink:

Yeah, I kinda' agree with this one. ESPECIALLY given the ridiculously lopsided luck against you in Chichinorin in Suikoden II. Seriously, I save before having to play that damn game every time, because you can lose SO MUCH potch trying to win. SCAM, I say! Well, it's probably trying to makeup for the ridiculously FAVORABLE lopsided luck you had in Suikoden I. Why not make the odds say... More realistic...? :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Mullenger

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Well, it's probably trying to makeup for the ridiculously FAVORABLE lopsided luck you had in Suikoden I. Why not make the odds say... More realistic...? :P

If the odds were made more realistic, that caterpillar on the way to Gregminster in S2 would stand more of a chance...

My annoyance is with too weak a bosses
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at this crap.

123. Tir felt he was so important he rode on the poor guy's back in Teien

Ride em cowboy.

124. Lepant promised Riou a few thousand soldiers to help in the battle against Luca Blight. Where are those soldiers? I don't see a hair of any of the toranese support. The only support Toran provided was kasumi and the accompanying Ninjas of Rokaku. Lepant proves once again that he is a liar.

* And aurelien. This is not over yet... :)
True Rune of Posting

7557 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Neclord. The name is enough for me. He didn't deserve to be a major plot element in S2 when he had nothing to do with the story being told. He didn't deserve to survive S1 at all. In fact, I'm going to say he didn't deserve to ever be any kind of main villain in the first place.

What he deserved was to get mauled by Sierra the second he looked sideways at the Blue Moon Rune. Loser.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True Rune of Posting wrote:
Neclord. The name is enough for me. He didn't deserve to be a major plot element in S2 when he had nothing to do with the story being told. He didn't deserve to survive S1 at all. In fact, I'm going to say he didn't deserve to ever be any kind of main villain in the first place.

What he deserved was to get mauled by Sierra the second he looked sideways at the Blue Moon Rune. Loser.

Oh, I don't know about that considering a fair amount of the plot in the Suikoden series as a whole has to do with under whose control the True Runes fall under.

In case you missed it:

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=322

I'm not entirely sure how you can say that he had nothing to do with the story being told, considering he was an integral part of the events that would end up causing the story to be told in the first place. [You didn't think he'd give up after [one] try, did you?]

That being said:

For me, the crap part of Neclord was that [for me, anyway], he was a ridiculously hard boss to beat. [Yes, yes, I'm just asking for people to tell me how easy it was for them, but I am one person and that is my opinion.] That, and he had some really cheesy lines. I don't doubt his importance, but some part of me thinks they could have done more to flesh out his character instead of making him a carbon-copy vampire baddie.

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 5,
Whats the deal with the hero and his sister (Talk about keeping it in the family)
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LynxWare wrote:
Suikoden 5,
Whats the deal with the hero and his sister (Talk about keeping it in the family)

It was only implied. They did nothing incestous (if I recall correctly). Sialeeds however is a different story. Her teasing Frey was just wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: