Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yuber Beat Down!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynxWare

Red Sabers

68383 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Yuber Beat Down!!!!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey,
I havnt played suikoden 3 in awhile.
But i do remeber almost beating yuber when you first fight him.
He was bending over witch ment he was low on life.Can you actually beat him here? ( and i wasnt using cheat codes)
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you mean in the Ancient Highway? Yes, you can beat him. Hugo/Fubar can do decent damage to Yuber, and you need to max out their evade. Everyone else is fodder. Use Sgt Joe to heal the mounted pair and have everyone else defend (using the Tinto combo when available). Yuber does not have continual attack, so he can only take out one person per round. Unless he gets lucky with criticals or uses his Rune, its possible he can fail to finish someone off. It takes a little luck, but it can be done.

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won this fight before using Hugo and Fuber with Sgt. Joe healing them. I also gave the mounted pair a sacrifical Jizo which came in handy. To win you need to train like crazy beforehand though XD; I just trained while waiting on lottery tickets to come in...

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall correctly, you can't train up your battle skills because there's no available Bujutsu trainer (Great Hollow is on the other side, Brass Castle is blocked, Caleria is inaccessible) so you're going to have to train them earlier on in the game before losing access to the Brass Castle's Bujutsu trainer. The ones that matter the most for Hugo are Parry (A), Repel (S), Heavy Damage (A) and Swing (A). If you like, you could keep the Wind Rune on him and give him a B+ in Wind Magic, but it's only for emergency healing. Sergeant Jordi's good even with just Armor Protect and Water Magic maxed at B+. Damage and Heavy Damage would be good too.

The Tinto crew are pretty much useless, and are like human shields. Use Reed and Samus to shield Lilly and Sgt. Joe by putting them in front. You could berserk Lilly for damage boost if you want. Equip healing items to the Tinto crew, because they will only be doing healing while they're alive.

Also, even though you can't access the Bujutsu trainer at Brass Castle, you still have access to the Blacksmith, so make sure you upgrade everyone's weapon to the highest possible level. That's gonna take lots of potch, but it's worth it to see Yuber down on his knees scowling "MAGGOTS!!!" towards a Karayan kid, a griffon, a duck, a brat, and her two servants.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it is actually possible to beat Yuber and/or The Destroyers in every conflict between them. I never had a particular strategy, but I always level up my people really well. Some of the optional battles are really hard, though, and like Wataru said, may involve a little luck. It is fun to know that you can beat the battles that should be impossible!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there is a single fight in Suikoden that you can't win (with the exception of war games), but in general.. You can basically beat any character in a confrontation if your up to it. It doesn't really change anything though.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:
I don't think there is a single fight in Suikoden that you can't win (with the exception of war games), but in general.. You can basically beat any character in a confrontation if your up to it. It doesn't really change anything though.

I'm pretty sure you can't beat Yuber when dueling him just outside Chisha Village.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The battles against Luc affect his chapter at the end of the game. If you lose, then you get to play them from Luc's perspective at the end of the game. If you win, then the game just skips most of them.

Other than bragging rights, a little extra experience (never anything major), and some very slightly altered scenes, you don't get anything special from beating the "unwinnable" battles in Suikoden 3. So if you're looking forward to Luc's chapter, you might as well lose those battles.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
So if you're looking forward to Luc's chapter, you might as well lose those battles.

I cannot highlight this more! I went through the Chris Level 99 guide then won all the duels/battles.....when i got to the time to play Luc's POV i kept getting battered in some of the battles!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt like I had to experience beating them and having bragging rights first, then didn't really care during most of my other playthroughs. The only battle that mattered to me was the battle at Mt. Senai, where you could get a Wind Magic Ring (Yuiri with an S rank in Wind Magic = ownage).
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:

How about the initial battle with Troy and Colton aboard the "merchant ship" from Suikoden IV? I'm curious as to whether anyone has ever succeeded there, because those 2 dish out one hell of a lot of damage.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Colton can be beaten, but Troy has infinite HP, if I recall correctly.

There are a few battles in Suikoden that are impossible to win. In Suikoden I, it's the first engagement with Teo McDohl's Armored Cavalry. In Suikoden II, the first battle with Neclord and the war battle with the White Wolf Army at the Mercenary Fortress. In Suikoden III, the duel with Yuber at Chisha, as well as the war battle outside Chisha. In Suikoden IV, as mentioned, the Troy/Colton battle. In Suikoden V, I do not think there is any.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prince is an unbeatable machine. And the Godwins suck, hence why SV lacks unbeatable bouts.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beg to differ, JJ! I have beaten Yuber in Chisha, although it does not change a thing!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Yuber Beat Down!!!!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i alwayz beat The Destroyers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: