Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

people beastery

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: people beastery Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry for the long topic, and of course the type of topic and its 'favorit-type" essence, anway because of a certain topic I decided to to create a

"what fantasy race has intrested you and why? what was the most facinating and what you though was a deservice to them" post.

so what are yours? Name where the source, and some things you found intersting, by listing your likes we can learn traits, like "I liked the this of that, because" also if "the race" isn't very orginal, say how they did it, because we all can't make an orginal dwarf, so lets try to ignore that. If you didn't like how a game protrayed elves say so. Though even in that things can get to touchy.
do you like anthrophomorphizied animals (lizard men?) elves, merfolk? please keep in mind some games could be obscure, so we need to work harder if our game/show is hard to attain or "unpopular to the extent that no one knows it"
----------------------

I'm not sure if I got it all, but I kind of liked the Mystics from Saga Frontier, they were mysterous, immortal and came in even more races, Mermaids were refferd to as "water mystics" and there were even Butterfly Mystics, his name was Silence. (i forget if he was mute or not, but communicated via telepahty) they gave off a "vampire-ish" aura to me. i wish they ellaborated more on them. Game playwise they had special ablities that no one else could use, then again they couldn't use human abltiies either.

Then I played Sword of Mana, and met Marvolos, which to me seemd to be like they were "alike' they were vampirie-ish to (at least to me) and could turn into giant aniamls, there were good ones and bad ones, they were not all villans nor overly heroic, some just mislead or with warped dreams.

I know I did a bad job, please forgive that.
----------
about topic title, when I use "race" here I use it in the sence as how games/stories would", not race as in somthing humans in a socity invented, I'm not saying "Black guy is a animal/differnt species" I'm saying "That aiavi- man isn't a human"

Quote:
1. A medieval collection of stories providing physical and allegorical descriptions of real or imaginary animals along with an interpretation of the moral significance each animal was thought to embody. A number of common misconceptions relating to natural history were preserved in these popular accounts.
2. A modern version of such a collection.

so even if in heart or spirit we have Elves, overall they are a "mythological creature", and if you try to tell me Humans aren't animals, I can introduce you to taxonomy. This is a topic for Merfolk, Lizard men, Kobolds, Birdmen, faries and what not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I am a big fan of Drow Elves, Dark Elves. I am reading a series about them by R.A. Salvatore. Generally, Drow are a merciless, malevolent, and cruel race that hates every other race (except perhaps Duergar, the Grey Dwarves). They can pretty much be considered evil. Practically all Drow Elves don't trust any other of any race (even of their own race). Becasue of that, for example, there is no Drow word for love.

They are ruled by females (becasue their god, Lloth is female) and the males are like dirt to the females. They worship spiders and to kill a spider would ensure death.

The Drow, at least in the underground city Menzoberranzan, live in seperate houses that have war with one another. If one house kills everyone in another hous, their rank rises. It is a very violent culture. Each house is ruled by a Matron Mother and a family of nobles. They also have a Weapon Master in each house.

The series I'm reading is about a Renegade Drow who was born in Menzoberrezan and was good-natured. His name is Drizzt. The only other good Drow Elf he knew was his father. Drizzt left the city of Menzoberranzan at a young age (young by Drow standards because the Drow generally live 700 years) and sought to find a place in the world.

Anywho, I just thoght that these elves were very interesting and their culture very unique. even though they are evil, I like to read about them.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always been a huge fan of Dwarves because of their reseliency, and the attitude that thay have. Other than that there is a character race from an RP game I played in high school called RIFTS. They were called the Kittani that werehalf huma and half ape.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think my favorite would have to be angels. The whole flying thing would be pure bliss and to be at complete peace with everything would be heavenly(no pun intended). And they get sweet flaming swords. To be even more specific the Cheribum are awesome. Six wings whose wingspan touch the edges of the horizon and the great flaming swords of justice are what they are said to have(although the flaming swords may be from the seriphem but close enough). That and you've never heard of an ugly angel. :wink:

[offtopic] I've read a couple books by R.A. Salvatore when I was in middle school and they were so great. I think I read the Crystal Shard series and started reading Dark Elf series about Drizzt but never finished. Also, if you've never checked it out, Baldurs Gate is placed in the same world that R.A. Salvatore writes in. In fact I think Drizzt Do'Urden is a hidden character after you finish the game but that may be the sequel. Either way both of the games are great and I cant wait for my buddy to let me borrow the 2nd so I can finish it.
[/offtopic]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd, I have heard the name Kittani mentioned somewhere before and that sounds very familiar. I probably heard it on some TV movie/series. And you have nothing to worry about kuwaizair this seems like a great topic as everyone else seems to agree. I have to say I love the Drow/ Dark Elf race as well, but Everyone's Grudge has already written a nice passage about them. All of R.A. Salvatore's books about them (and Drizzt of course) are great and you learn a lot about their backgrounds and religion.

I always liked Orcs, because it was fun using them to slaughter the humans in the various Warcraft games. But after reading any basic fantasy book and seeing the Lord Of the Rings trilogy at the cinemas it really makes them seem far too weak so I sort of stopped liking them as much. But it is great to play Warcraft because you see so many Orc and Orc-related creatures. So Orcs are the kind of enemy creature I like to see in games and on TV, but not too many games besides Warcraft really show off how powerful they can be. Hey at least some Orcs were in the RPG Alundra so that was cool.

From Final Fantasy 10 I liked Kimarhi and the various tribes his race belongs to, mostly because they are like a form of barbarians who are always quite strong. But like human barbarians most are usually 'evil' and hate all other races, but that is why I like the ones that 'help the helpless' and such. Much like Wulfgar from the various R.A. Salvatore novels. It was fun playing as a barbarian in Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 because it made you think you were Wulfgar in a way, and you got to be a hero and kill orcs and such. Always a good thing.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeh the Ronso, they kinda were cool, its just, well it felt like somone said "I know lets take Red13's specices, paint them blue to grey, THEN we give them, get this Horns, like the summonars from FF9! cool we rock"

anway the one probme with angelic-thing is the whole, "owned by god" type thing, you know.

anway I hope we get more replys here. I mean who dosen't want to talk about these guys? some even belive to of been faries and stuff once...where are you people? are you offended I asked your opinion on Lizard men? aren't you glad Crono Trigger, Rudra's Tressure and Suikoden 3 had them as somthing thats not just "a monster you beat on". lets be active.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lizards are cool to beat down though kuwaizair, but I guess I know what you mean, just like Orc's in some games and such they are simply seen as cattle for an easy slaughter and no more than debris to be scattered. Speaking of Lizards and such I liked how in Alundra there were plenty of them to wipe out, and the graphics were pretty decent for its time. It was fun to invade their bases and hide-outs and spending literally hours wiping most of them all out. But at least it can tend to be challenging sometimes...

Dragons are also a great creature I love to see in games, because usually no matter what they are going to be pretty hard to defeat. One example would be in an unknown and underrated game such as Eternal Ring. A few hours into the game I came upon a large dragon's nest. It was sleeping and all so the idea is to just leave it alone and get to the other side of the room. But I decided to unleash a bit of a magical attack on it just as a joke before I left the room...big mistake. The second my attack hit the dragon it awoke almost instantly and burned me to a crisp before I could even take another step...

I always like fighting dragons in all RPG's, but they are best when fighting them as bosses because then the graphics for them are extra special and it takes a while to kill them. I like to see them in Strategy RPG's a lot as well because they tend to have high HP and can be a challenge to get rid of. Oh well at least I thought of another good 'beast' to talk about in this thread. More to come later.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
Oh yeh the Ronso, they kinda were cool, its just, well it felt like somone said "I know lets take Red13's specices, paint them blue to grey, THEN we give them, get this Horns, like the summonars from FF9! cool we rock"

How is that anything like the Ronso? IIRC, Nanaki's tribe did not walk upright, nor speak in cute first person, among other things. Just because they're both hairy and fairly canine-influenced, the Ronso is just a recycled idea? I'm not seeing it...
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

let's see.... Kobolds?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

St. Ajora wrote:

How is that anything like the Ronso? IIRC, Nanaki's tribe did not walk upright, nor speak in cute first person, among other things. Just because they're both hairy and fairly canine-influenced, the Ronso is just a recycled idea? I'm not seeing it...

I mean, the muzzle or the lionish-wolfish look.

ah there I go again, my mind thinks without me.

woah this thread is going other places. It was ment for chara-types, not just beasties in the field. Unless there was a game with a dragon clan.
then again this goes for shows as well. If you like

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: