Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tokyo Game Show 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Mistwalker Studios' Nintendo DS title Archaic Sealed Heat has now made it's appearance at the Tokyo Game Show with a Japanese TV Spot, a trailer, some gameplay scenes and a look at the game's CGI cutscenes.

Archaic Sealed Heat videos

This game makes me happy. Very, very, very happy. What the DS has really been lacking in is a wonderful modern style RPG. It's got a few traditional style RPGs, and a few SRPGs-- but no real Playstation-age style RPGs.

I have to say I'm pretty excited when I hear Mistwalker is producing a new game, and that it's for the DS makes me very happy, and excited. I'll have to keep an eye out for this game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Suikoden VI may be on hold or (HOPEFULLY) Kawano has nothing to do with VI.

I guess that's good news, if nothing else her character designs sucks. Damn, so odds are there won't be any official announcement until at least next spring for the konami event? and at least a 6 month wait after that before release... they sure take their sweet time with the next game after a good one.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Tullaryx wrote:
Mistwalker Studios' Nintendo DS title Archaic Sealed Heat has now made it's appearance at the Tokyo Game Show with a Japanese TV Spot, a trailer, some gameplay scenes and a look at the game's CGI cutscenes.

Archaic Sealed Heat videos

This game makes me happy. Very, very, very happy. What the DS has really been lacking in is a wonderful modern style RPG. It's got a few traditional style RPGs, and a few SRPGs-- but no real Playstation-age style RPGs.

I have to say I'm pretty excited when I hear Mistwalker is producing a new game, and that it's for the DS makes me very happy, and excited. I'll have to keep an eye out for this game.

Agreed, has anything been released about the gameplay to say that it will be closer to the console type PS1 RPG style? The stylus has kept me from buying a DS eventhough I see there are a number of RPGs for it, I just figured that wacky pen thing would take something away from the gameplay. This game looks good, REALLY good, infact if i'm not mistaken the artist for this looks to be the artist who did Final Fantasy Tactics artwork, would I be correct in that? I may just have to suck it up, buy a DS, and get this game pending on how the reviews are for it.

I hate you Onimaru.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ps3 is doing quite well in terms of game news. Haven't seen much on MS at all.

- 2 Team ICO games on the way apparently.

- New Megami Tensei game (no word on whether it's in the Shin label or not)

- Valkyrie of the Battlefield trailer

- Yakuza 3

- Rumble is back

- Star Ocean 4 exclusive

- Aqua

- Steamboat Chronicles sequel for ps3 and psp

All I need now is a damn price drop.

Seems like 360 and ps3 compliment each other greatly, just like ps2 and xbox did. 360 for more action oriented games and western rpgs (this time with a handful of japanese rpgs too), and ps3 for the Japanese games. Let's see if these games will be announced for 360 as well.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The things already announced from the TGS make me excited! But people and their longing for another Final Fantasy VII for PS3 is quite annoying. Sure they can have their hopes, but all the fanboys are convinced that it's going to be announced. Square-Enix already has a lot on their plates, I'm not sure why they would make it bigger by adding an FF7 Remake to the list.

XBOX 360 is getting one of it's first Sim dating type games. I'm sure you guys might be familiar with Clannad? It's a series that is going to be made into an anime by the same animation company that did Kanon and Air.

Return that soul to God.

Last edited by Demon Eyes Kyo on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
ps3

- New Megami Tensei game (no word on whether it's in the Shin label or not)

<3

Headed by Kaneko?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am stabbed to the heart.

RPGamer wrote:
The game also introduces players to the Organization's 14th member, who is a female.

Isn't it freakn' CALLED Organization XIII because there are THIRTEEN of them, NOT FOURTEEN? Sounds like a lame fangirl fantasy to me. But I'm not going to get into that right now.

There is a very special place in my heart for the Kingdom Hearts series. Squeenix has ruined Final Fantasy by milking it into absolute maudlin mediocrity, and it looks like they're going to do the same with Kingdom Hearts, alllll to make themselves a little extra cash.

Full information on this debacle can be found here.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh, the Kingdom Hearts series in my opinion wasn't really all that consistent in terms of continuity to begin with...here's hoping the new KH games don't have Chain of Memories-style gameplay...
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not a matter of continuity. It's a matter of them taking something and cheapening it—it's hard to explain.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Isn't it freakn' CALLED Organization XIII because there are THIRTEEN of them, NOT FOURTEEN?

Well, strictly from the amount of members point of view, it should be called "Organization I" by now. The "thirteen" in the title does not necessarily come from the amount of members. If so, then shouldn't their name be constantly changed before Roxas joined? Also, bear in mind that the "fourteenth member" does not consequently be Number 14. She might as well be a replacement of a previous member. Alternately, she might be simple a fourteenth sentient Nobody. It would be very unnatural if the sentient Nobody are extinct, never to be heard from again, post-Kingdom Hearts II.

Ah well, it is indeed pretty worrisome that the franchise might be milked to exhaustion. However, I do not think that it has reached that state yet. Added with the fact that it has been stated that the main Kingdom Hearts is strictly Sora's story, I am not too concerned. Yet.

On another note, these announcements of variations of great looking games appearing on consoles and handhelds that I do not possess is having a brutally detrimental effect to my state of self-geniality.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
It's not a matter of continuity. It's a matter of them taking something and cheapening it—it's hard to explain.

It's hard to explain it because it's just your opinion. Sure making so many new titles can cause people to think it's getting milked, but does that really matter? SquareEnix will still make money and the fans in general will appreciate the addition the the mythos.

I mean it's their franchise and if they feel like there is a story to tell and money to be had they'll make the game. Personally I hate the multi platform aspect (and the hand held game which will never see stateside release) but if they want to try and diversify KH that's their call (One which will likely bring more profit) and my problem as a consumer.

Sorry for the rant.

Anyway on TGS besides the new KH games I haven't been too interested in most of the new showings.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it's not hard to say because it's my opinion. It's hard to explain because it would take me a half hour for me to type everything out and none of you would want to read the whole post.
I guess I'm just bitter after seeing FInal Fantasy decline so steeply, and I don't want it to happen to another franchise I have loved.

But I suppose that's also just my opinion.

Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh tish and pish... no Suikoden VI at this year's TGS eh... that's a bummer. Was hopin' to hear something along those lines...
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm disappointed too, but I'm also kind of glad that Suikoden VI news remains elusive. Afterall, IV/Tactics/V were developed awfully close to each other, and while V turned out just fine despite the rushed schedule, I wouldn't want to see Konami pull the same trick with Suikoden VI, especially if it's going to be on a vastly different platform such as the PS3 or Wii.

Someone was trying to tell me earlier that Persona 4 is already on the way, which follows on the same lines. Maybe that explains the SMT thing mentioned earlier, maybe not, either way I just hope Atlus takes their sweet time.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
RPGamer wrote:
The game also introduces players to the Organization's 14th member, who is a female.

Isn't it freakn' CALLED Organization XIII because there are THIRTEEN of them, NOT FOURTEEN? Sounds like a lame fangirl fantasy to me. But I'm not going to get into that right now.

Please, the fans will eat it up.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: