Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Multiple hits

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Multiple hits Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a way to induce characters to perform multiple-hot combos? My strategy guide shows some poeple have a ridiculous number of hits (Lyon, Roog, Roy, Lu, etc.) but other than Sagiri, I can't get anyone to do more than two, and occasionally three. Is there a stat you can raise to cause them to increase (TEC maybe)? is there a way other than the Multi-Strike Rune?

Trumpeter Ducks

2462 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For Training:
Technique increases chances to hit. Agility determines how many hits the characters have, as well as in choosing with who attacks first and a higher chance to evade attacks.

Attributes:
Speed will also increase the amount of hits the character has.

That's if I remember correctly, been a little while since I played :P
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it may seem obvious, make sure you have characters in slots that are designated for them. It took me a little bit to realize this since characters still hit enemies when they are in the wrong slot, just not as effectively.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speed was the main character attribute to help out with this during Suikoden III, so yeah I think that applies for this one as well. Unfortunately, there's really no concrete way to have a character consistently do multi-hits, unlike in Suikoden III. Multi-hits here rely too much on percentages. With higher speed, a character will have a higher percentage of multi-hitting, but it's still not a guarantee.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you just want to see the animation the Killer Rune will do it when it activates.

But if you want to get it normally then boosting up your speed is the best way to go. There's also that Multi-Strike rune you mentioned that gives an increase to multiple hits, if you couple that with enough speed on Lyon or Miakis they might be able to get all hits off. Though I still laugh a lot when I think back on my uber-twink Prince killing the Sunrincar in a single attack because of quintuple hits.

Prince, Flail, Lyon, Miakis, Nikea, Roog, and Roy are the characters with five hits. Unfortunately none of them are massive speed demons that beat out everything in existence.

Lu and Sagiri on the other hand are speed demons so the chance of them getting their four hits is a lot higher, plus they have a high cap with Speed based skills.

For some reason though Moroon was the only character I've ever gotten to always double-hit. Which is sadly his cap but...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of the characters that have a maximum of five attacks, Miakis is the one with the most potential. She's got greater speed than most of them, and she also has three rune slots to maximize damage potential. She can equip the Multi-strike rune, and have two other rune slots left for damage boost.

Count in Shigure and Richard as speed demons as well. Like Sagiri and Lu, their maximum is four hits.

Unfortunately, the two characters with the highest speeds in the game only have one maximum hit. =\
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: