Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

9/11 Remembrance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was a freshman in high scool. It was 2nd period, and I was in history. First row, 3rd seat (Good memory) An announcement came on that a plane had hit the first tower, but they were unsure of whether it was on purpose or on accident. We turned on the news, and pretty much just watched it throughout the day. We had to go home early too. We're only an hour or two from NYC, so maybe that's why. I just remember when we saw the video of the first crash, then saw the 2nd plane hit. A chilling feeling, I really was speechless.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I was on holiday at that time. I remember watching the television with my family, when we suddenly saw the news about the plane crashing and hitting the World Trade Center, and then the Pentagon. I remember being sickened when I watched it, because I have never liked wanton sacrifice of lives, and I knew that such an action would only bring pain in later years.
I kept tabs on the news for over a week, cringing every time they announced another death and when they talked about Osama bin Laden. I was only fourteen years old at that time, and seeing this got me to think about who was at fault.
As I look back, I see that little has changed. Islamophobia has become even more widespread than ever, and people have engaged in needless hatred against people, simply because they are of the same religion as the people who commited the crime. I have read numerous stories about the courage of people involved in the 9/11 incident, such as the passengers of Flight 93. I have also read the stories of the survivors, and it's very saddening to think that innocent people should suffer because of another person's hatred.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was asleep through the whole events (hey, I'm in a different time zone), so I did not know about it until the morning, I think that's about the night on the day of the attacks for you guys.

It was pretty much a normal day, I woke up, took a bath, and turned on the television to watch cartoons. I saw my grandmother and my mom instead, watching.

Just as I entered the room, they were playing (I think) the plane crashing onto the building. Since I was in 4th grade or so at the time, my general expression was something like "WICKED!", but then I retracted that immediately after hearing more and my mother telling me about it.

Incidentally, 2 of my uncles live in America - one was in New York, the other one was in Long Island. One of them, his wife was around the area of the attacks at that time due to work or something, so I think she really saw what happened. The other family was at home, safely, since that was about the time my uncle had his office in the house so no need to prance around.

Yeah, it's been a long time, but the damage still hasn't been gotten over it, simply because it's just shocking how something like that could happen.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that i was in the 10th grade at that time. I was literally halfway around the world when it happened. My mum told me about it in the morning. When i listened to her, i was thinking that it must have been something close to that, like the World Trade Center Bombing back in 1993. Then they started putting the footage out on CNN and other news channels. I could not help but think "this is like something out of a movie". It just seemed that unreal to happen in real life to me.

We then later heard that two other planes crashed as well, one at the Pentagon and the other at Pittsburgh. We then got a bit worried since my sister lives in Washington D.C. My mum called her and thankfully my sister was fine.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I vividly remember what happened that day, I was asleep in my bed dreaming about god knows what, it's been so long I cant remember. I started having this really strange feeling that I should get up and turn on the television, which was strange because it was tuned up to the local sports channel(I noticed later anyway). I could hear my mom and my brother who was getting ready to go to school talking and they sounded upset about something but I couldnt quite hear what they were saying. So going on instinct I decided to turn on the television, and tuned in just in time(yes even on a sports channel) to see the second plane hit the twin towers. The first words out of my mouth were "HOLY CRAP", so running downstairs thinking it was the only one, my mom then told me that it was actually the second plane to hit. I had plans for the day, but naturally called to cancel them, as clearly watching this unfold was a little more pressing than my other plans. I actually also had a job interview that day which they canceled since the interviewer had family that worked in the North tower(turns out they made it out alright they were on the lower floors didnt get the job tho).

That day went to show us all who the real heroes in our world are, and that we should appreciate them now, because we never know when they might be gone.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:

When I went on Youtube today, there was a video on the main page that caught my eye. It’s of an upcoming documentary about how people from the city took it upon themselves to go help out at ground zero. Unlike controversial documentaries, like Loose Change, this one seems to focus on the effects of the attack on the community--- the humane side of it more so than the political one.

I watched loose change yesterday, if that is true then that is the most "FUBARED" thing, ok maybe one of them, but it would be painfully and sickeningly ironic if so(some people like ones who hate all other people and cultures and who love Bush so much would get a kick out of it all)
aren't some people even challanging the notion of the health effects of ground zero or is that something inescapeablely true?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: