Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roy vs Childerich Battle Video **major spoiler**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have no clue on that. i personally never tried not recruiting them and choose to stay and defend the castle. it just wouldn't seem right to me.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man i like this scene. It was kind of sad to see Roy die, but what i want to know is will you get a different ending if you had all 108 stard of destiny and chose to defend your castle?
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you will get a different ending if you have recruited all of the Stars of Destiny. You will also get different endings based on the number of stars you recruited. For example, you will get a different ending if you only recruited 60 stars, and you will get a different ending if you recruited more than 60 stars.

But if you choose to defend the castle, you will not be able to see the 108 stars ending. There will be no one to replace Roy in the SoD list after the event at the castle bridge. If you want the 108 stars ending, you should choose NOT to defend your castle.
Aggression Then Silence

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh. I'm the one who posted that vid.

Personally, I think my other vids are better. ha!

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's great. I was trying to get hold of that video for a while. What a scene.

Also, I heard that the brother and sister bandits only got killed when the Armes soldiers were escaping through Sable. Who knows.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can recruit them at the castle if Roy dies IIRC. If you leave them too long at Sable, they get killed.

Eh, in the end, I just did both scenarios by making an extra save. I stayed up until past one just to do it.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That video reminds me of the movie Hero with Jet Li a little bit. similar thing how both of them used their weapons to block the arrows.

*spoiler for Hero*

I guess this is a spoiler and im just doing this just so I wont get modded or anything for doing so.

Roy did not block all the arrows and was hit but Jet Li's charachter in Hero was able to block all the arrows but in end he willingly gave up and let the imperial guard shoot him all full of arrows.

*end spoiler*

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone have videos of the 60 star and 107 star endings. I made sure to get the 108 star ending, but had saved before that part to see Roy's Stand before going on with the game.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

60 stars or less ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njaDrHb7KA4
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool, a little short, but cool!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD FROM SUIKODEN 5*
(You have been warned)

You know i'm actually playing through Suikoden 5 again and when i got up to the part where you are given the choice wether to defend or flee from the castle, if you choose to defend, you are then given a few more opportunities to change your mind. After you have resisted the urge to flee from the castle, you end up fighting more war battles then if you flee your castle. In my opinion i think that when you defend the castle the whole part seems to be shorter (Probably cause of the war battles), and i also think that Konami may have rushed this as the whole part about The Prince Running out of the war room to find Roy facing Childerich seems to be happening just out of nowhere. However the movie scene was well done which was probably the best part of defending the castle. Otherwise i would strongly prefer leaving the castle over defending.

*END SPOILERS*
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's more like he just learned Roy was gonna sacrifice himself by taking Childerich's challenge instead of the Prince. I don't think it came out of nowhere, it was well explained.

There's also a few contrasts between the slapping scenes between Suikoden 2 and 5. In Suiko 2, you get slapped for fleeing. On Suiko 5 you get slapped for standing your ground and trying to save an ally from certain death. Basically, in Suiko 2 you are reprimanded for abandoning your comrades to save yourself while in the other you are stopped from saving an ally and destroying the whole bid for time trick.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:
There's also a few contrasts between the slapping scenes between Suikoden 2 and 5. In Suiko 2, you get slapped for fleeing. On Suiko 5 you get slapped for standing your ground and trying to save an ally from certain death. Basically, in Suiko 2 you are reprimanded for abandoning your comrades to save yourself while in the other you are stopped from saving an ally and destroying the whole bid for time trick.

I think it was more along the lines of being punished for not listening to your tactition's plan and attempting to do things yourself.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When the Tactician's plan is to sacrifice a person in your sake, I think I would be a little mad and sickened. I think I explained myself wrong though...I wanted to throw the comparison yet contrast of both Heroes doing the wrong thing, but one wanted to save himself while the other wanted to stop someone from saving him by taking his place. Hope that makes some sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: