Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Grassland Sacrifices
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Her sacrifice was connected to the True Water Rune, and was used to seal it from Yuber and the Destroyers.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which makes it unlikely that Alma-Kinan sacrifices are in any way regular.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ludka wrote:
I was under the impression that she was killed so that the special magic that kept Alma Kinian seperated from the rest of the world would stay intact. Didn't she say something about how Yuber could only ge in because their shield was weakening? Or am I just remembering wrong?

Yes, you are. Yuber was able to get past the field because he was following Chris' group. Yun and Yumi had allowed the group to pass by lowering the barrier. Once Yuber knew the location, it was easy for the Destroyer's to teleport in and out. Yun's sacrifice had nothing to do with protecting Alma Kinan.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the the Alma Kinan when they did they become a forest spirt, like some of us belived that when we die are soul go to heaven or hell but in the grassland it's diffent when one dies they become a spirt. Like if a kayon solider was to die fighting he would think that he would become a wind spirt cause the kayon live on open plaines.

Like if a duck solider was to fall in battle he would think he would become a water spirt since the duck clan live on the water.

and so when the Alma Kinan die they think that they will become a forest spirt since they live in the forest.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. Yun, herself, told Chris that she would become a spirit of the wind. I do not think the grassland has forest spirits.

Edit: On second thought, earth spirits were mentioned, though.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, The Alma Kinan strengthen their magics by sacrificing gifted childs to the spirits. This new Spirits strengthen the Alma Kinan and bless them with their powers. It's a ritual unique to them, and it's perfectly normal. To them this is not sluaghter, but mutual benefit. The sacrificed becomes a special being and lives on with her beloved spirits, and the town gets blessed with stronger "magic" and power.

Let's just say this, think for a moment you get chosen to live with God. Would you say no? That's basically what Yun thought. And what the Alma Kinan also believed in. The chosen one was treated like the most important person in the village.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it could be that they just liked being a bunch of sick puppies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: