Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 17 Naval Intercepts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Phase 17 Naval Intercepts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phase 17 Naval Intercepts

Dukedom of Gaien can choose to intercept Island Nations Federation at Gaien Bay
Please decide if you want a one turn intercept or a full three-turn battle.

New Armes Kingdom can choose to intercept Kooluk Empire at East Falena Sea or Eastern Ocean A

Queendom of Falena can choose to fight Tinto Republic at West Falena Sea, or let them pass and fight Dukedom of Gaien at Great Ocean D instead

Highland Kingdom can choose to intercept Zexen Confederacy at Black Wolf Strait

Highland Kingdom can choose to intercept Zexen Confederacy at North Highland Sea

Zexen Confederacy can choose to intercept Tinto Republic at Schiavik Fijord

Please PM me ASAP with your answers!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is Gaien not able to intercept the INF at Rainbow Shoals or Entrana Trenches? The fleets launched from Soto Caridad and Middleport should meet somewhere around there.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Axoise Confused the battles is all. Gaien can intercept the attack from Razril to Morricone at Gaien Bay. The battle from Middleport to Soto Caridad and the naval attack on the Shoals will be condensed and take place I believe at the Trenches. I think that's how it works at least. If not, there might be a battle at the Trenches and another at the Shoals.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose that the naval route used for combat is automatically the one that takes the party through fewer unclaimed naval spots? because if that wasn't the case, New Armes could not intercept at East Falena Sea.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Axiose meant to say Sea of Armes A and Eastern Ocean A. There is no reason why the Kooluk fleet should pass through the East Falena Sea.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
I suppose that the naval route used for combat is automatically the one that takes the party through fewer unclaimed naval spots? because if that wasn't the case, New Armes could not intercept at East Falena Sea.

I find this strange as well. I thought Armes would only be able to intercept at Eastern Ocean A. Do naval routes go through safe waters (not nuetral or enemy) first, regardless of the number of possible intercepts that would occur?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Phase 17 Naval Intercepts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Queendom of Falena can choose to fight Tinto Republic at West Falena Sea, or let them pass and fight Dukedom of Gaien at Great Ocean D instead

I'm not sure how this works as Great Ocean D is before West Falena Sea on Tinto's naval route. If Falena were to let them pass as it is described above, that is giving them superiority over Hershville port.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have two choices Gregory:

1) Wait for my Armada at West Falena Sea and engage us there
2) Ignore Tinto completely and follow your DOI, fighting with Gaien for GOD

Obviously only #1 will protect Hershville. As such #2 is only a hypothetical alternative.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*hums the Evil Empire music*

Can we leave the gloves on and just wait for Axiose to fix whatever it is that happens to be wrong? Thanks. o.O

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phew!

Gaien cannot intercept at Rainbow Shoals as they simply have too many naval battles to contend with. That and they're being attacked there.

Kooluk is indeed sailing via Eastern Ocean A and Sea of Armes A.

As for naval routes (even though it doesn't apply as I made a mistake - sorry) the naval route is chosen by admins unless it is specified in the DOI.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Phew!

Gaien cannot intercept at Rainbow Shoals as they simply have too many naval battles to contend with. That and they're being attacked there.

Kooluk is indeed sailing via Eastern Ocean A and Sea of Armes A.

As for naval routes (even though it doesn't apply as I made a mistake - sorry) the naval route is chosen by admins unless it is specified in the DOI.

Even if we choose to abandon other battles? I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Gaien is still out to claim four naval territories this phase.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we defeat the Island Nations at Rainbow Shoals, wouldn't that effectively stop the attack on Soto Caridad?

It would seem odd that their fleet would be able to pass through to Soto Caridad after being destroyed not two leagues prior. :P

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, isn't all of this naval shit confusing. I better write something to clarify. Anyhow...

The moment the DOI is submitted saying "we will do these things," your fleet will be "in action," and the minimun number of ships required to coordinate those actions will be taken into account when determining whether a nation can successfully intercept incoming hostile forces. The arrow has already been released at the time of DOI submission, and thus even if your nation plans to abandon those naval actions, they are still taken into account when determining whether a nation successfully intercepts. It's like shooting a bullet at a target and then realizing you shot at the wrong target, and then asking someone to change the trajectory of the bullet.

Of course, other factors taken into account are the number of naval units the attacking nation has in possession, the number of ships they have within their fleet, the distance from the port of origin of the attack, obstacles located in between, and the depth of the naval region (which is currently not visible to all of you). These are all done manually at the moment, but the plan is to automate all this crap so its easier for us (me, primarily).

As far as Rainbow Shoals and Soto Caridad go, the two battles are separate. However, the battle at Rainbow Shoals is actually redundant, because if Island Nations Federations wins the battle at Soto Caridad, they'd automatically gain maritime superiority over Rainbow Shoals due to the failed intercept. Thus, the battle doesn't really matter--it did highlight a loophole in the naval rules though, which I'd have to fix for the next phase.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So will Rainbow Shoals be fought at all then, or forsaken for being a redundant attack?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, that makes sense then. I've no complaints about that, I just needed the clarification. Thanks Vex.

But... wouldn't the battle matter to us? I think we'd like to keep Rainbow Shoals, whether or not the INF wins at Soto Caridad, after all. :P

Alrighty, that's cleared up, thanks again.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: