Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

'real life' use of the True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...Magic, a favorite subject of mine.

Firstly, you'll have to think about the runes you're talking about. We know from some in-game examples (Sialeeds, Sarah, etc.) that it's possible to invoke runes outside of battle.
I say the key issue here is aptitude and compability. Luc is superiour in this area, and we can see that he's clearly able to manipulate his rune as he pleases, both in the game and in the manga. Though he does not actually manipulate weather, he could actually suffocate Jimba by changing the atmospheric pressure, which can technically affect the weather. We also saw that the Flame Champion caused a great explosion when in panic (in the manga), which was possibly the TFR's manifestation of his fear.
I personally think that the Rune simply takes over when in great crisis, so the bearer doesn't need to invoke any incantations, but when he or she is consciously trying to invoke the power, they may need to either chant or connect with the Rune, unless they're like Luc. At least, that's how it should work, based on my studies of magic.

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rather than the True runes enforcing their own will once the bearer losses control of their emotional state, I look at it as it enforcing the emotional state of the bearer.

Like the case with the true fire rune, he lost control of his emotions temporarily and subconciously he wanted to just annhilate the enemy, and his thoughts had manifested to such a degree it was too late to stop the rune. The rune carried out his subconcious desires to obliterate them.

Arshtat as well, she was so upset at the people from Lordlake, whom she thought betrayed her, deep down she was so angry, she wanted to punish them, and her emotions were so strong, that's exactly what she did.

Even though it's something they wouldn't really do if they were given time to gather themselves, due to the superior power they hold, the connection between their mind and rune made it a reality.

I mean all the time someone might steal 100 bucks or something, and inside you want to punch them SO badly, you can feel the urge but, you're able to restrain yourself. Now if you had a true rune, I believe the power you hold would just be unleashed due to the connection with your mind, body and spirit, and your desires would be carried out, you wouldn't be able to restrain yourself or the rune.

Note: i use 100 dollars instead of a larger amount, because a lot people, would then punch the theif haha.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do see a connection with the unconscious. Perhaps, the True Runes may bring out the best and worst of people when they're in severe emotional turmoil and that's when the True Rune takes over?

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the bearers would use the true runes in a very stupid and simple thing because it takes a lot of effort to conjure the power of their true rune. I think they only use it or atleast unconsciously use it when they are in trouble or some loved one is so basically, the real life use of a true rune is protection. The REAL use of the true rune is probably to balance the world like souleater=life and death, rune of beginning= the continuation of creation, punishment=karma maybe?, sun=given heat and life source, night=death of undead, blue moon=life of the undead, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: