Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2007 NHL Entry Draft and Free Agency discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the talkback that just begun from the beatwriters in the Bay Area who cover the Sharks, the team can still get Drury if he signs a contract comparable to what Joe Thornton is earning now. Drury would be the only UFA they'd be able to sign if he is their main target. So, it's either make a big splash by signing Drury or sign several mid-tier players to shore up several areas on the team.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some flexibility is still important though, what if injuries force the Sharks to pick someone up at the deadline? You need a million in cap space for wiggle room at the very least, I'm not totally up to date on the cap situation for San Jose but I imagine it's reasonably high with the calibre of players they have, the only thing saving their ass really is the number of talented kids they've got on cap friendly entry level contracts or second contracts which typically aren't too high either. I think they would still have to drop one more player to really fit in Drury. It's the same with the Flyers, we could get Briere or Gomez right now but we would have so little room left or be dead up against the cap it wouldn't be worthwhile. We have to dump off the $2.1 million Gauthier contract or find a taker for Sanderson at $1.6 million.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the Rangers picked up Drury and Gomez, that's pretty damn scary. Detroit got Rafalski as well so it looks like my team is going to suffer this season.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I was quite surprised to see this news headline from the San Jose Sharks site. Seems they have signed Jeremy Roenick to a one-year contract. Details as to the amount they signed him for still undisclosed. Here's to hoping they didn't give too much. I think just enough over the minimum would be something I'd say is a good deal for the Sharks. Hopefully, he'll be a toughening influence on some of the big wingers on the team.

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Well, I was quite surprised to see this news headline from the San Jose Sharks site. Seems they have signed Jeremy Roenick to a one-year contract. Details as to the amount they signed him for still undisclosed. Here's to hoping they didn't give too much. I think just enough over the minimum would be something I'd say is a good deal for the Sharks. Hopefully, he'll be a toughening influence on some of the big wingers on the team.

The San Jose Mercury listed it as $500,000. Being a Sharks fan, I think this is a good deal, so long as he only gets 3rd line playing time.

Source: San Jose Mercury
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty cheap considering some of the amount the still unsigned UFA's are still asking for. I'd be happy if he scores 20 points throughout the year.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He needs 5 goals to 500, I want JR to get it because I always enjoyed him as a Flyer if he's ready to accept he's not the go to guy and suck it up with low minutes and still bring that win at all costs attitude then the sharks have a nice signing. He's obviously more brittle than he used to be and his point totals won't be that big but he's got a fire to him that's hard to top, you'll at least enjoy the interviews so that's worth the league minimum salary on it's own. I wish him all the best.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: