Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami Avoiding Post-Suikoden 3 Timeline?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well that creates a big problem for the suikoden world - the series seemed to have a form and function up to suikoden III, and since Murayama left it has to leave us fans wondering if the series is actually "going anywhere", we need to know that there is a light at the end of the rainbow, and that the events of suikoden IV and V weren't just filler until they figure out how to end this thing. Hopefully the plots/characters/'etc presented in IV and V are dynamic and will play a role in the series leading up to the final suikoden is doubtful. Unfortunatly I get the feeling that they are using this limbo we fans are in, this waiting for a conclusion to a story - to bring take us for a sight seeing trip around the suikoden world. This is either filler, or something BIG. We like to think the latter, but it really doesn't feel that way. So what's the deal!? Is there a purpose to the storyline of suikoden, the persistant world that has been created and it's persistant storyline has been what has drawn fans back time and time again and it seems like they are abandoning that and instead showing us a different country and new SOD's everytime just because the basic formula of a suikoden game is present. I personally wasn't a giant fan of Suikoden III, but I did feel that it had alot to do with the story of the world and was assured that the SOD's presented would play a part in future games the same way that Viktor and Flik and Apple played a role in the games up to that point. I dont get that feeling anymore. if anything Georg and the prince will make future appearences but that's it. Where was I? Lol, oh yeah - well - lets keep our fingers and toes crossed that the series is going somewhere, and isn't as random as it's currently presenting itself to be,

I hate you Onimaru.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'd like to think (like mentioned earlier) that they're just getting the hang of the feel of the game before they progress. But I just hope they don't stray too far from the other stories, otherwise we'd just have something like Final Fantasy where the stories are hardly related to one another.

As for picking up the story from Suikoden III is concerned, they'd have a lot of things to patch up from there. Since Murayama probably had a lot of plans for the series in general which many of the remaining staff probably have no idea about. It would really take a lot of effort to come continue someone else's vision especially if you didn't really know what the original vision was.

In any case, when they do get back to picking up after Suikoden III, they had better make it a good one. I personally liked the third installment although it did feel lacking in some aspects (due to the departure of Murayama).

I'd also appreciate it if Luc came back somehow. Hahaha! Probably the only thing I'd like which would probably get a large amount of people throwing random fruits and vegetables at me. :*laugh*:
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the 150 years before s1 was just ridiculas. Why exactly 150? nothing good happen 20 years before? i think 20 years would have been enough to say hey these characters cant be here they wernt old enough. They not wana explain why Rune shells wernt around in other games? There isent 1 other wizard in the entire world except for warlock who's found a magic tree?

Suikoden Tactics was kinda lazy reusing all those characters. i mean it was a better game. but there were only like 5 new characters.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
If you're only going to make one game for each country (at least for now) then logically you'll pick the event in that country's history that is the most important to make the best game. For the small Island Nations that was their war against Kooluk (kinda), and for Falena it's the assasination of the queen and all the political events surrounding that event.

I for one believe they have at least a general timeline for the suikoden world and so they won't be making up new wars just for the sake of having them after Suikoden III.
Was the suikoden 4 events even mentioned in the other games? i know that the nation itself has been talked about but nothing going back 150 years.

If absolutly nothing of any real importance has happend in 150 years why should we care at all.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gunloc wrote:
I don't think they are avoiding it. The world of Suikoden has so many unsolved and unexplained stories that I'm excited they are giving us a more indepth look at past events.

As hawkthanatos said, the assasination of the Queen of Felena is one of the more intriguing events that has yet to be explained. I would be glad if more installments of the series gave us a first hand look at previous conflicts. (The Succession Wars, First Fire Bringer War, etc.)

The future of the Suikoden series will always be there, waiting to be explored. But if the past is ignored, we may never discover it's secrets.
I'd like to see the succesion war but i think its to soon for the first fire bringer war.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the future, Patriarch, could you place all of your responses to quotes in one post instead of making three separate posts? Thanks.

In reading through this thread, I am kind of wondering why Suikoden 4 had to happen exactly 150 years before 1 did, but I guess for timeline purposes, they wanted to show that the world on which the series takes place happens over the course of a long period of time, and not just in the 30-40 years that encompass Suikoden 1, 2, 3, and 5. I liked the setting for 4 and Tactics because it gives someone a sense of how the world was before the other games happened.

I really would like to see another game set in the past, but that might be kind of hard to do unless it was done with say, the Nameless Lands. To go back into the distant [100+ years] past with a new country would be too jarring for anyone and there weren't any other countries mentioned during 4 or Tactics that were new. It might be interesting to go into the past with Nagarea or New Armes around the general time of Suikoden 5, because those events have been mentioned and wouldn't be too hard to expound upon. I would want to see the Nameless Lands in the past time where all the Zexen people were were Grasslanders with ambition, and Le Buque wasn't under Harmonian rule and the Safir clan still existed.

Oh yeah. After Suikoden 3, I'd want to know exactly what happened between Lilly Pendragon and Lady Chris - maybe explore the whole Zexen / Tinto affair. And as always, I really want to know what Geddoe did with that right-handed rune. :)

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that in suikoden I, II, and III they had a definate idea where they wanted the plot to go. IV's being set 150 years before gave Konami time to get everything back in order, that's probably why they turned the reigns back over to the Suikoden 1 (they did right? I might be wrong on that). Now they're getting things back on track, going back through the strongest games (1,2, & 3) and picking out bits and pieces. V was an attempt to take some of the elements form the first three and try and apply, to test the waters so to speak. It was to see if they could continue/ellaborate on the story of the first three games succesfully. Now that they've shown that they can do that, they're probably going to be less hesitant to move into a post- suikoden III storyline.

I hate you Onimaru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: