Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are the capitals of all the nations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
Yes, well, hm, that's all well and good, but now let's turn the topic to more practical matters. For example, can anyone draw me a map to Grand Rustagne? Does it even have a real location? Was it made up...better not be; how can you capture something ephemeral? Anyone who can tell me where in heaven's name it is I will give a soldier. :mrgreen: Please?

Edit: Wait a sec... found it on the war map. :*laugh*: My bad.

Eh, the name was made up. Many of the names for places like Falena and the Nameless Lands, possibly Harmonia, and others were made up for the Castle of Kain, many many years ago. Proof?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010228002510/pub73.ezboard.com/fsuikodenar myevents
That old forum has a lot of them.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050407120957/http://pub10.ezboard.com/fsui kodenarmyevents.showMessage?topicID=141.topic
Grand Rustagne is mentioned there. It might be noted that back then, Falena was located inbetween Harmonia and the Grasslands :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20050407121225/http://pub10.ezboard.com/fsui kodenarmyevents.showMessage?topicID=143.topic
Caldeaux too!

http://web.archive.org/web/20050407121304/http://pub10.ezboard.com/fsui kodenarmyevents.showMessage?topicID=146.topic
Utar-Kotan, a Nameless Lands location, used to also be associated with a tribe within the Nameless Lands, the said tribe being involved in a war with Kain.

If you look further there, you'll find made-up names for Grasslands (Karayan Kaimmutal, Cerfurbo Chisya) and the Island Nations (Trinity Islands, Crecian Islands) too. Those, of course, have since been proved wrong. Surely if Suikoden IV was not set in the Island Nations, SARSadmin would've used those names.

We had a big map, probably about the size of the SARS War Map, for the Kain world too...but its been lost forever.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, the memories! And yes, I recycle a lot of stuff because I hatd to be wasteful!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had to pick, I think that Great Hollow would be better. It has better defenses and a large amount of open space. It also has a few escape routes. The only problem is its location. Duck Village just seems to be vulnerable because it is made of wood. I just think Great Hollow has a better solid defense.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree with you EG. But I'm not from Grassland so it really shouldnt matter to me. The impression I got from the game was that the Great Hollow was the big place to be. Maybe you agree, maybe not, but nonetheless for game purposes it works just fine I think. Considering that the materials of the fort dont really matter. I mean its a fort and gives the fort bonuses and the capital. As long as the capital has a fort than I dont much mind for the game. O well, just thoughts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... okay, I remember Cerfurbo Chisya. I don't know why, either, because it'd been like two years since I was on the old Blue Moon ezboard, I think, and I don't remember there being any such thing setup there. *is very confused*
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Man, the memories! And yes, I recycle a lot of stuff because I hatd to be wasteful!

Nostalgia is wonderful really, isn't it?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
... okay, I remember Cerfurbo Chisya. I don't know why, either, because it'd been like two years since I was on the old Blue Moon ezboard, I think, and I don't remember there being any such thing setup there. *is very confused*

Apparently, SARSadmin has been whispering it in your ear as you were sleeping.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm serious though. I really don't remember the forum you linked to, I remember a different one... the old link has changed, but its ezboard id was bluemoonsforums. Was Cerfurbo Chisya mentioned there anywhere?
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure you weren't around then. That message board went pretty much defunct in late 2000. See SARSadmin's editorial on the 'History of Suikoden Fansites', re: Castle of Kain.

Only SARSadmin would know if he used the name Cerfurbo Chisya anytime between Kain and Suikox. I don't recall that ever happening.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I was around in 2002~2003, but I think that might not have been the first time I was around. I first signed up on ezboard in September 2000, when my own forum moved there. I don't think I was there back that far though. The name Jehan Sedai doesn't sound familiar, does it?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt people would have ended up at the Castle of Kain forums unless they were invited, or were active at gamefaqs.

I've never placenames from Kain until SARS. I've used NPCs from Kain for Tabula Rasa though.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must be on crack then, or someone else referenced it on one of the previous incarnations of the forum I've been on. I've never been around long, but if I happened to see someone remeniscing...? *shrugs* I -know- I've seen the name somewhere. It's gonna drive me nuts until I figure it out.

And no, Castle of Kain doesn't sound familiar at all. I -was- active at gamefaqs though, but I never heard of the Castle of Kain forum, so I was probably active at a different time. Funny, I don't even remember my username at gamefaqs, just that my signature was "Within the four seas, all men are brothers." And I remember their language filter getting me so upset I left: I couldn't even talk about the lead singer of Iron Maiden, because, oh noes, his last name was Dickinson. That, apparently, was a vulger word.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: