Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How Do You Study?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Underwhat time and place are you most comfortable studying?
I like to study late at night (from 10:00 onwards) in my room cause its the best time in which i can have some peace and quiet in my area.

2. Do you study with music? television? etc.
No not really cause i may get distracted. However if i get bored then i may put music on.

3. Do you learn more if you study in a group with your friends as compared to studying alone?
I really prefer to study alone cause that way i get to do whatever i want whenever i want without anyone from my group having to say anything about it.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like studying at about 8 pm maybe and I like studying inside a dark room with only one lighted lamp or candle. It gives you that genius feeling I don't know.

Ya I do watch TV when I study because usually, I fall asleep when I study after 5 minutes so I need the TV to wake me up. Let's face it studying is boring.

3. Do you learn more if you study in a group with your friends as compared to studying alone?
I like studying alone because debating with people if what they said is right or wrong really wastes time. When you study with other people most of the time you end up teaching them instead of learning something you still don't know.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Under what time and place are you most comfortable studying?

Nights usually, except when I get distracted by the computer/PS2. I like studying in my bedroom, but it usually ends up with me reading something else like manga, magazines, going off to the toilet...In that case, I'd say the living room.

I try not to, but since my parents are watching it all the time, I have no choice. Classical music sounds like a good idea though.

No idea. Either way, I end up learning little.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The time I usually study is whenever I really feel up to studying and usually at night since during the day Im almost always busy with something although at night I find myself being distracted by other things, likes forums >_> lol

The place I am most comfortable studying at is the library. I find that I get more work done if I go in sit in the back of the library where it is all quiet and I am not disturbed by any noises or other distractions. Although this one time I found a book lying there on a desk near by and I read that for hours instead of doing my work...it was a really great book, but the title of the books esccapes me at the moment. I have a hard time studying in my room due to all the distractions that are in front of me and of course having 3 roomates does not help one bit either, especially from thursday - sunday which can be really noisy at certain times of the year.

If I am in my room I will turn on my itunes and probrobly listen to music and if I am at the library I may have my ipod with me, just so long as i dont overuse the ipod because I like to have it for when I go to the gym, otherwise I am stuck listening to the television that my gym has and they usually put it on a channel that shows hip hop or country music and I just cant really workout all that well to that kind of music and in general dont like that type and prefer like rock.

Television is a big no no when I am studying because otherwise I will get to involved in the television program that is on and wont be able to get my work done and concentrate.

studying with friends depends on the type of friends you have. I have some friends that I dont mind studying with because they can help me out with something that I dont understand and we wont be to distracted by other things, but then there are other friends I have that dont like to study and can be distracting and not get us much work done as I would like. So I prefer to study alone, since on my own I feel I can get more done and learn more than I can depending on the group of people involved in studying. This is why I also hate group projects. As the saying goes you are only as strong as your weakest link.

No_Brain

0 Potch
6 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually study in the evening, after dinner or a movie, just because I' more relaxed then and can do more. Though I regulary study in my room, I have no problems in switching the location.

I never have the TV on, yet I always have some sort of music playing quietly. It helps me concentrate by giving me a slight rythm in what I am doing.

No. I'm not bad in teamwork, it's just that usually I get carried away form the subject at hand much easier than when I study alone, so I rarely choose to study in a group. however, there are certain exceptions, such as preparing for tests which require lots of memorisation, in which case getting questioned by a buddy is the best way for me.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the afternoon. In the morning I just feel like there are other things I could be doing. In the evening, it feels too late for me. The midrange is fine because I can study through Lunch and Dinner.

I just can't concentrate in complete silence. I need some background noise unless I'm doing something that requires ears, like if I have to listen to an interview or something. As to whether music or television is more effective, I think music probably is, but I use television far more.

I probably learn better in a group, as they ask things that I might not think of, but I never study in a group. It's mostly because I don't really get close enough to people in my classes to warrant studying in a group.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Usually at night (say about, 8-9PM onwards) and it'd have to be at home in front of the computer. The internet provides me everything I need to do my research~ and it's nice to chat now and then.

If I'm doing something serious, no. If it's something I think I can manage without having to pay 100% attention to it, I'll put on some music.

Usually I prefer to study alone, though I don't mind studying with others as well. It's sometimes nice to hear what other people have to say about something, especially in debatable topics. I'm all for debates.
Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rarely study but when I do it is usually late and in my room.
I like to study with music.
I learn more when I study alone.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At any time. If I feel like it, I retain the stuff EASILY.

It is distracting but I usually leave the TV or my PC on just in case I get the urge to watch.

Alone is better. I find that my learning style is different so it defeats the purpose of studying if you are uneasy.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm generally most comfortable in the early afternoon (between 12 and 4 PM) and in my house (the student house). However, I've noticed that I tend to get a lot more done when I go to the library. But, it's a minimum 15 minute commute (15 if I walk, 15 if I walk to the bus stop and wait for a bus) so I don't usually go unless I need to hit the books hard.

I know it's horrible, but I usually turn on some tunes when I study. I just get bored, but I heard that if you study with music/TV that you won't do as well when writing an exam without them, so I'm trying to get out of the habit.

I generally learn more if I study alone, but won't shirk the company if it's been established. Bear in mind that I'm in a somewhat 'girly' program (English Literature...I'm a good writer but its not wholly accidental) so I've studied with girls quite a few times in the past. I don't hate it, the 'study date' is probably the most effective of all dates because it drives me to learn my shit beforehand so I can make a good impression, thus getting me better grades and making me look smarter than I am.

I also buy into the study breaks. Depending on the circumstances I like to take 10 minutes every hour with which to take a break and grab some eats or go for a smoke, you can't fry your brain by just going and going. Study breaks are necessary but can be my favorite part of studying.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only get the oppertunity to study at night, usually after midnight. I'm most comfortible in my basement, relaxing in my crappy green chair at my computer (I do take online classes, so that's kind of manditory)

I study with music playing in the backround for the most part, it's easy enough to tune it out but I don't like sitting down in my basment in dead silence, it makes me feel like some sort of creep.

Nope, studying with people usually just throws me off. I'm most comforitble working alone. This is combination of me not really "needing" to study, I've got a good memory when it comes to things like schoolwork and obscure facts, so other peoples ramblings just kind of gets irritating. Also, I'm very stubborn, and usually ALWAYS right, so studying in groups often raises stupid questions from others and then i have to make a point, and confrontation ensues.

I hate you Onimaru.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ideally, I try to study between the hours of 11 AM- 4 PM. If the material is easy enough, you will find me in my house, most likely with the TV on. However, if I need to concentrate a bit more, I will stroll on over to the university's library.

Depends. If the assignment calls for a close analytical approach, I will try to do things in complete silence. However, if I am just doing homework, I will leave the TV on and have my MP3 player on random. For tests, however, I need at least two hours of peace and quiet.

Depends on the subject. If the subject is English, I do things on my own. However, if it is something like microbial diversity, I need to get with a crowd that understands the material more than me.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: