Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Claymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Claymore Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My best friend Jiru sent me a message on AIM as soon as I got on the other day telling me to download claymore. Considering how strongly she was reccomending it, I decided to forego my usual rule of "It needs two reccomendations for me to watch it."

So I sit down to watch it, being extremely judgemental. Here is my train of thought:

"Okay, the whole background is red. That's a good sign. And hmm... someone's eating something... wait... no... no, I'm wrong... it's the other way around... someTHING's eating someONE. Oh, and okay, now there's a guy challenging the thing with a huge-assed sword, that is more like a slab of raw iron... wait... no, I'm wrong again... it's a woman. HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH HER FUCKING EYES!!!"

From there on I knew the show was going to be golden. The plot is already deep enough that one could drown within minutes if one isnt careful. AND IT HASNT EVEN GOTTEN TO THE PLOT YET.

The basic conflict is demons preying on humans. There are half-demons, half-humans, though, called "Claymores," that hunt the demons. Also, all Claymores are female, and there seems to be something very crazy surrounding their "birth." This is only a very broad overview, so far I've seen no details of the organization, or why the demons are attacking or where they are coming from.

This could almost be the next Berserk, but I still need some time to make sure it doesnt fall into an endless chain of cliches like the middle part of Kiba. There are only 2 episodes out right now, in japanese.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well....it's rather visual and violent from what I usually watch but HEY this sort of anime is good to watch every once in a while :wink:

And there does seem to be some mysterious crazy plot lurking in the shadows....if it's all blood and gore and minimal content I would've put it down just as quick as I picked it up

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have'nt seen this but I wanna now.

It kind of reminds me of an old Manga anima called "Devil Man" were a race of underground demons are rising and he has the power to use demonic power to stop them. Its very action packed and the animation is amazing as always. see it if you get a chance.

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went on youtube and saw the very begining and up to the theme song, it looks cool, i wonder if it will be comming on adult swim.
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

K, I saw episodes 1 & 2, where are the rest on Youtube??

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firefly, that's all that's out so far.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've just been recently hooked to the manga. I borrowed it off the library for volume 1-4, and then decided to have a look in the internet for the rest. It's still on going even in Japan, so I'm guessing we're quite far from the end. Looking at the volume 1 manga, it started in 2001. So it has been going on for 6 years and I think up to volume 13 (scanlated til volume 12 as far as I know).

All I can say is ... this is AWESOME. I like it very much. Though the art is nothing special, I like the feel of the manga and the characters are just great. I'm definitely hooked. Recommended for everyone for sure.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it, and everyone should definitely see it. The story's awesome, and although the art's not that good or anything... the tankoubon's got pretty awesome cover art.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have read the first two volumes. Like most people have said, it's got the feel of Berserk.

Except instead of a one-eyed, medieval cyborg named Gutts, you have a half demon assassin/soldier named Claire. And instead of a naked male fairy Puck, you have a idealist young boy, forget his name.

It really hasn't caught my attention, but my brother likes it. But then again, i'm not a fan of Berserk. So whatever floats your boat. :roll:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that I was right in guessing that something fucked up happened just before Claire became a Claymore, if anyone has seen episode 8.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
It seems that I was right in guessing that something fucked up happened just before Claire became a Claymore, if anyone has seen episode 8.
I'm just wondering how they're going to "ease" the episodes back to the present without making it feel like a huge "jerk back into reality"
...so to speak

Also....another thing that stumps me....I thought I recall someone mentioning Claire 'used to having a little brother' o_O

oh well....maybe they haven't covered it yet...
...or it was a sarcastic, badly translated joke...?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Necromancy...

I got the animation up to episode 21 yesterday and savor it all in one sitting. Damn, it ended right on the good part.

So I got an insatiable curiosity which prompted me to download the comic up to chapter 74. And damn, while it continues the aforementioned good part of the animation, it ended right on right another good part.

And thus, I would most probably become a follower of the comic, waiting expectantly for the next chapter to come out while fighting back withdrawal symptoms.

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name of the thread caught my attention so I had to look , "Oh look claymore my favourite melee weapon". It sounds rather interesting Yvl, thanks for letting me know about it, looks like another anime worth watching.

FOREVER X!!!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Necromancy...

I got the animation up to episode 21 yesterday and savor it all in one sitting. Damn, it ended right on the good part.

So I got an insatiable curiosity which prompted me to download the comic up to chapter 74. And damn, while it continues the aforementioned good part of the animation, it ended right on right another good part.

And thus, I would most probably become a follower of the comic, waiting expectantly for the next chapter to come out while fighting back withdrawal symptoms.

You actually don't need to download it as One Manga have up to chap 73 hosted so really you can clear a lot of backlog and space with a simple bookmark. Anywho, I've only read the first chapter of the manga, I don't particularly want my viewing of Claymore to be riddled with what was different/worse/better in the manga and skip ahead to ruin storylines. But it's definitely worth it.

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my internet connection is bandwidth-based, so a simple bookmarking would not be frugal in the long run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: