Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two Tenkai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would LOVE to see the tenkai with a conjoined twin! holy crap, I personally think Patriach is a genius for asking that! Honestly, what good is speculation if we arn't going to discuss the limitations of every element of the story? I tip my hat to you sir.

Now then, as for two tenkai - A Tenkai with a twin would be a great way to make the transission into a female tenkai. If you had two tenkai's, a brother and a sister who the player could choose one or the other as their main character it would give players the option to stick to the more traditional path of male hero's, or venture out onto the female hero side and give that a try. Not to mention the characters gender would be something of an added story bonus with different characters reacting differently to them based on their gender. The other twin could be the hero's defender and have more story parts, while the chosen would be the silent hero. I'm sure Konami could do it and I think it would be a good creative idea.

I hate you Onimaru.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
I would LOVE to see the tenkai with a conjoined twin! holy crap, I personally think Patriach is a genius for asking that! Honestly, what good is speculation if we arn't going to discuss the limitations of every element of the story? I tip my hat to you sir.

Now then, as for two tenkai - A Tenkai with a twin would be a great way to make the transission into a female tenkai. If you had two tenkai's, a brother and a sister who the player could choose one or the other as their main character it would give players the option to stick to the more traditional path of male hero's, or venture out onto the female hero side and give that a try. Not to mention the characters gender would be something of an added story bonus with different characters reacting differently to them based on their gender. The other twin could be the hero's defender and have more story parts, while the chosen would be the silent hero. I'm sure Konami could do it and I think it would be a good creative idea.
The silent Hero is all well an good but they need to spice it up a bit.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Conjoined? Won't that look icky especially since they have to be joined at the head or at the back or what? Ugh. Conjoined heroes might be groundbreaking but are not good to look at.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Conjoined? Won't that look icky especially since they have to be joined at the head or at the back or what? Ugh. Conjoined heroes might be groundbreaking but are not good to look at.
Not every hero needs to be "Pretty" Im especially sick of the young male hero who saves the day between the age of 16-20 years old.

Especailly when it comes to suikoden. Where every hero is one step below an important Political role. Either there the child of someone or addopted by an important family.

Wheres the crazy old man with 1 arm who people decide to follow because a tablet of stone said so?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Whoa now that is a sweet idea! :o

To tell ya'll the truth for a LONG time I've personally wanted a twin/and or clone as the tenkai/main character of a Suikoden game.

I never really thought so far as having both twins being the tenkai but I'd be one very happy duck if one was the main character and the other was also in the game but had an important role as well. Whether they end up on opposing sides or end up losing/and or replacing the other.

Soap drama it may become but these sort of 'tragedies'/twists of fate make it all the more epic I think.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why thank you Nadistu. And as for there being conjoined twins for a Tenkai, it's a stupid idea and I pray that Konami never does it. It's one thing to have a slightly off-color hero, (i.e Geddo) instead of the standard pretty boy. But another to have a total freak of nature, it's an interesting question though - and I don't know if I'd mind if they did so for a different SOD, that would be kind of interesting. On a slightly-off topic but semi-related, me and a friend of mine who game (play DnD) have always wanted to play an ettin with each playing a head and controlling half the body.

I hate you Onimaru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: