Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikocrap - A Concept
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Suikocrap - A Concept Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I posted this in my home nation a little while ago, but I thought it was a decent enough idea to share with the rest of you guys. The title probably gives away the general idea for some of you. A few years back, a professional wrestling fan made a compilation of all the worst, most idiotic gimmicks in the history of wrestling, purely for comical purposes and the enjoyment of the wrestling fans. (Named Wrestlecrap) As their list grew, the creators eventually made their own website, and even wrote a couple books about how bad some of the gimmicks and stories were.

The basic idea behind Suikocrap is similar, except that it revolves entirely around Suikoden. And by that, I mean all of the games, even the Gaidens, Rhapsodia / Tactics - EVERYTHING.

What I would like from the members of Suikox (any of you guys who are interested, at least) is assistance in making a compilation of the most asinine, idiotic, stupidly funny, and just plain rotten things ever to come out of Suikoden. I'm looking for specific things from the games or directly related to the games themselves. They can be just about anything - events, quotes, characters, plot twists, names, even portraits, outfits, or entire nations.

Any member is free to NOMINATE any of the above (or any of their own ideas) for an induction into "Suiko-Crap." I may even decide to make a Suiko-Crap Hall of Shame, if I get enough inductions and ideas from everyone.

As for what I eventually would like to accomplish would be a master compliation of the most stupid, horribly amusing, and annoying things that Suikoden has produced. What will Suiko-Crap become in the future? Right now it's just a concept in a thread. What it becomes will depend on how much feedback and enthusiasm I get back. Right now, it's just a thread and will likely stay this way for quite a while. If I get enough positive feedback and ideas from you guys, I may request a subform here, or perhaps make several threads, and perhaps even ask Vextor for a main forum (If he likes the idea, anyway). At most, I could make it into a stand-alone site, but that would depend on a ton of interest and at least one person dedicated to helping me make a website. (This isn't really one of my goals, though.)

Also, if this idea is very interesting to anyone, I may ask for "staff members." (Basically, members who want to help me in deciding what deserves / doesn't deserve induction.) I wouldn't assign any special duties other than being a "second opinion," although if someone is REALLY interested, they can help me in writing up inductions.

All I'm asking for now is just ideas, suggestions and nominations from the members. If I get a lot of suggestions, or a list of items, eventually I'll go through and second / third nominations or perhaps officially induct, if there's enough agreement amongst the fanbase (you guys). ALSO, other members are allowed to second a nomination. I actually already have a list of things that I'd like to eventually nominate, or see nominated. I'll hold off on that for now, and wait for everyone else's opinions on this.

And finally, this isn't to bash anyone, but to humorously enjoy some of the worst Suikoden characters and moments ever.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Mullenger

8949 Potch
19 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 4 was a waste of a good disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please keep in mind that I am in no way bashing any of these things (except maybe the first one :twisted: ). I basically listed all the things that I remember having a “WTF moment" as I was experiencing them.

My Suggestions:
1. Any animal or demi-human characters. That means, kobolds, nekobolds, lizards, ducks, squirrels, octopi, unicorns, griffons, bugs, mermaids and beavers. This does not include elves, dwarves, or dragons because they have existed since like the beginning of time. Nekobolds though… did not. I'm sorry for the fans out there, but I'm not a fan of any of these races/creatures at all.
2. Suikoden I’s art. Sure, some of them look decent but for the most part, everyone is hideous. Look at what they did to my poor Luc. *sobs* I just couldn’t get past how ugly it was compared to Suikoden II.
3. Three fourths of the cast in Suikoden I. (This one's pretty harsh but in all honestly I liked only a handful of characters from this game).
4. The Unicorn side quest. *blasts Tengaar away and knocks Hix’s teeth out*
5. Recruiting Adlai.
6. The fact that out of all the people you can recruit, you have to duel Amada, the crotch man.
7. The fact that you have to sit and stare at Anallee singing… only… she’s not singing at all. There is no sound for the whole two minutes of her ‘song’.
8. Badeux. The only man in any game to use a whip.
9. Chaco. He’s a little prick who steals your wallet, forcing you to chase him into the sewers only to have him blackmail you when you find him. Cute, huh? :mad:
10. The fact that in order to see Clive’s side quest, you have to speed through a good chunk of the game. -_-
11. Gordon and the hassle of having to go all the way to Gregminster to recruit him. Like trading all that crap wasn’t hard enough already.
12. Again, having to go to Gregminster each time if you want to get Tir in your party.
13. Hans: He pays you 300,000 potch to join. But it was awesome!
14. Jeane: The fact that after five games, they still won’t tell us what the fuck her deal is.
15. Vicky: See #14
16. Jude: How hideous (and sometimes ridiculously stupid) the statue turns out if you don’t use same parts.
17. Marlowe: Most pointless character of SII.
18. Nina: The fact that she’s 16 going after a guy that’s 27. It’s not your typical high school crush either. This chick is psycho--- she stalks him at night! *shudders*
19: Pesmerga: We’ll find out about him in the last installment of Suikoden. Oookay…
20. The fact that you can’t dash in Suikoden I without equipping a rune! (credit goes to Sai for mentioning this one to me)
21. Tetsu: You have to eat tacos in order to recruit him. Yes, that’s right, tacos.
22. Hugo’s first two chapters. Nuff said.
23. Thomas is the Tenkai
24. Landis’s recruit method. Yeah, I spent a good five hours trying to find you only to see you wielding a scythe. Were you trying to be all creepy and “Huhuhu…”? Well, you weren’t! *slaps*
25. Hortez screwing up Raura’s cute “I don’t know where the heck I’m going” persona.
26. Kidd and the case of the meditating duck.
27. The fact that Watari carries around a sword… but doesn’t friggin’ use it!
28. Nash’s awesome darts. Oh wait, they weren’t awesome. I want his Gaiden weapons!! *weeps*
29. The length of Luc’s POV.
30. Childerich and his clown suit. ;_;
31. Nethergate and their Power Ranger Puddy Potrol resemblance.
32. Sairoh’s STUPID recruitment. Did anyone out there figure out how to recruit him without a FAQ?!! :mad:
33. Murad popping up at every corner but not joining.
34. You get Shoon in the last five minutes of the game (MILD exaggeration)
35. Sonya & Mazus: Same as #34.
36. Guillame chasing Shabon around while saying “Ho, ho, ho.” BIGGEST WTF moment in any game I’ve ever played.

Don't hate me too much over #1. Chimei Stawr beats me down about it enough. :wink:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007

Last edited by Darko on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Repainted Sprites: Lorelai=Odessa, Eileen=Sarah, Kamandol=Sergei, Leonardo=Varkas=Kessler (but at least they have different heads)

Oleg: I know you're from another Konami game, but just what do you do around here anyway?

The Lulu Syndrome: characters who are supposed to be endearing, but end up being just irritating beyond belief

Suikoden 4: You finally have infinite storage space on you at all times (like every other RPG ever ... except Final Fantasy 1 and 4) but your shopkeepers somehow lost the ability to work on people not currently in your party.

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In suikoden 2, right after Flik and Viktor save you from execution. Two "huh?" moments:
1. Nanami's super flying dragon something move, sorry I can't remember but you know what I mean.
2. After Nanami rejoins the party, don't exit the screen. Go up to the hall leading the basement cells, there are a couple of soldiers on the ground. If you talk to him, he says something like "ohh, my nuts"

3. This is not something I don't like, but was an awesome speech. Viktor's long speech about how he's going to kill Neclord as he tries to buy time.
4. Another thing I love. Viktor's special technique, just punch the gurad and watch him running away crying like a baby.
5. The flag of the Mercenary Fortress :P
6. Ninjas that will join you if you give them a certain amount of potch
7. They plays in suikoden 3 allow you to have a full cast of dogs
8. Micky's newspaper story in suikoden 4
9. The voice acting of Rienbach and Charlemagne's unite
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Walter. Worst joke.

Ever.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III's translation and localisation botch-job.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nay-Kobolds. Who on earth came up with the final concept of such a race and how did they manage to make it into the final game. They sum up all of the crapness of S4 for me.
  • Their racial name is based on not being Kobolds. Ingenious.
  • Their housing is meant to be endearing yet wacky but to me just comes off as acid inspired/desperate.
  • The whole race seems to wear waistcoats and tank tops - plus they all walk around hunched up like old old men regardless of age.
  • The super cutesy speech with slight speech impediments for added cute irritates me to the point of vomiting.
I liked the idea of a cat humanoid race but I really think they could have done something much better.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
7. The fact that you have to sit and stare at Anallee singing… only… she’s not singing at all. There is no sound for the whole two minutes of her ‘song’.

If this was American Suikocrap, definitively. I, on the other hand, heard it perfectly. We PALers had that error corrected

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Nash Latjke - Utterly useless character who can't even use scrolls (see Gaiden). Get that scrolls. What was his mag stat, zero. Because even Genshu had some mag stat and he had one unremovable rune.
2. Esmeralda - Waste of a character. What did she do in your army? Drink tea and provide sexual pleasure?
3. Apple - In Suiko I, you can only guess her function. (She always stands in Mathiu's room awaiting her master for who knows what)
4. Pico - Loved Annalee as a sister? Somehow I highly doubt that. Hohoho. Annalee is too cute not to accidentally seduce that perv Pico.
5. The 'Bark like a dog' cut scene for Simone was priceless. Utterly beautiful.
6. Odessa being dumped in the Sewer by Viktor.
7. The gibberish that are supposedly trade rumors in SII
8. Oppenheimer's defeat was a joke. He obviously was not controlled by the black rune. I mean Kwanda had the whole electrified arm while Milich just stands there. Stupid. The only ‘Evidence’ convincing Tir was because Milich said his “…arm was burning” but there is nothing to show that it did.
9. The Zombie traitor in Neclord's castle in SI. What use would money be to a zombie.
10. Krin. He was a stupid and disgusting character. He even sicced Lepant on you. Why would you even consider letting him in your army? If only there was a way to specifically target him to die for your army but the damn ‘death script’ is random. Boo.
11. Isabella's 'armor'. How can she possibly expect to be protected from that flimsy dress of hers. Hell her knickers are showing. Jeebus.
12. The missing forts in SuikoI. Where did Mathiu did what and to who? (It's confusing, I know). I mean he did this daring derring dos filling up his resume and crap but I sure don’t see any of the supposed places where he did his alleged master work.
13. Lulu - Waste of time. Waste of effort. It makes you glad he was permanently out of the way after Chris killed him.
14. Gremio - Useless character. Why the hell do you have to put up with him occupying one slot (that is most of the time). His death makes you glad he was temporarily out of your way (until he resurrects). I mean, had he been in the fight against neclord, you were surely going to get your butt kicked. He is that bad of a fighter.
15. Hix chokes Tengaar at the end of SI. That was funny.
16. Riou sleeps with Nanami on a single bed in the Matilda visit. I thought the Knights were gentlemen and were moral and crap. Why would they allow a lady to share a bed with someone who was not her husband? (Or maybe they thought Nanami was a man)
17. Riou's melon head and toothpick neck during his younger years. How can that even be possible? Won't his oversized head break his little neck?
18. Simone's weapons. How the heck can flowers hurt anyone? I mean if they were flowershaped darts it would be okay but from what we are seeing, Simone merely throws it.
19. Jess tactics and intelligence. First he spots Riou who was suspiciously at Anabelle's side yet he only screams an admonishment and asks/requests you to stay there while he gets a guard to arrest you, really intelligent eh? Then in Tinto he believed some liar from Muse prompting him to send all of his men to their deaths.
20. Kiba and Klaus siege was misplaced. Their siege was on the lakewest side. Not the greenhill side. How is that even possible. Did they get boats from coronet or what? This was a very bad oversight because by their location they had nowhere to run if they were repulsed. If they retreat the only way was to lakewest and the Dunan army would obviously stop them there. If they only situated the siege on the kobold entrance then that would be believable.
21. Tir prefering Ellie (the redhead chick) when he could have Kasumi. I mean seriously what's up with that. (To see this do not complete the 108 star is S1 and load the data in S2. Then read the speech of Ellie and watch the scene very carefully)
22. Leone claiming that he along with Jowy tried their best to keep the Beast Rune at bay only to sic IT against you in the end just because they were losing and there needs to be a mandatory last boss fight.
23. The Kalekka incident. The SME citizens must generally be a bunch of idiots if they think that the Jowston army would realistically attack a village that they had to cross a desert and a lake to get to .This was utterly stupid because the only way the Jowston army can attack is either to pass through the badlands or climb the Banner mountains (which is closer but obviously very constricted, I mean you only have one ladder towards the top making this impossible). VERY BAD.
24. The liberation army being stumped on how to defeat Milich's giant flower. They really had no need for an antidote. They only needed to burn the damn thing. Use flaming arrows or fire magic. Stupid asshats.
25. Riou accepting Jowy as a friend after all the betrayal. I mean what was he thinking? Jowy had his Father in law and Brother in law killed. He also impregnated his wife and left her in enemy territory. Surely what Jowy did was a red flag showing his still existing evil intent. Seriously.
26. The samurai(s) in the Banner mountains. What the heck? Where do these punks live? Were they monsters or what?
27. Sheena. I mean he has good taste most of that time but there are horrible exeptions. Once, he even moons over Nanami (who was supposedly not that pretty at all).
28. There is a Kobold couple at the 3rd floor garden who wants to eat the flowers!
29. Gengen can be seen hung to dry at the laundry area!
30. Most of the Kobold's have poor syntax. Example: Me great kobold warrior. Fire warm on fur. Etc. Etc. Etc.
31. The Nay Kobold's retarded actuations. Were they cats with a touch of stupid?
32. Ducks. No pants. The perverts and no one seems to mind. (mind you they are quite sentient as opposed to the squirrels and beavers)
33. Hortez's absurdly long name.
34. Fuwa.......'s stupid name. It is stupid, no questions asked.
35. The Island nation's skin tone. Won't they die of skin cancer because of their long exposure to sunlight?
36. Lazlo's shorts. Bwahahaha. He wears a breast plate and skimpy shorts.
37. Snowe. Butt ugly. How the hell can anyone think he looked good. And to think he was a noble’s son and had chicks lusting after him.
38. That leopard (Ernst) guy's girlfriend (Normal). Furry any one? This is just not right. And BTW they also enjoy S&M among other things. Deviants.
39. Aldo. Desperate to be sucked by the 'souleater' or vice versa. Hehehe.
40. The sun rune. This does not resemble a rune. Just look at it's colors and designs. There is no way a tat/rune can look like that.
41. Pesmerga. He only appears at the very end making him miss yuber AGAIN! I once tried to recruit all 108 as fast as I can (that is as early in the plot as possible) but there is just no way to get Pesmerga as early as the greenhill liberation plot. ARGH!!!!
42. Guillame's pedophillic tendencies is pretty refreshing if Konami is trying to break new grounds in character design but I’m sure the moral advocate groups would love nothing than to ban the suiko series if they knew about this (but then again maybe not because suiko is still a pretty obscure series judging on the sales)
43. Marco. Was he a she or was she a he? And how old was s/he? (See Marco S1’s portrait)
44. Suiko3's Sarah should have been Suiko1 'washerwoman' Sarah but the designers may have chosen to change the character’s appearance. If you care to think about it you would possibly infer that Suiko1's Sarah was supposed to be Luc's girl (have you even wondered why she gave Riou a Cyclone rune and said it once belonged to a fool?)
45. Freed allowing his wife to be taken advantage of. I mean, she washed possibly all the clothes in the army. Even if she was obsessive compulsive, her husband should have not allowed her to be 'taken advantage of' like that.
46. If Linfa ran out of money which is inevitable because she was a pathetic gambler. Does she slut herself to pay for her debts? One can only imagine.
47. Sialeeds. Don't get me wrong, she's hot but is she not Frey's aunt?
48. Lymsleia's would have been fiance Gizel was a cradle robber. Can you say it with me? C-R-A-D-L-E-Robber.
49. Riou being beaten by common thugs (see oulan recruitment). I mean how can mere thugs beat a trained martial artist who was accompanied by 5 attractive yet highly capable women? Hell they even beat the ass of the highland army at one point or another. I mean, seriously.
50. Apple begging Shu. Anyone find her kneeling before Shu as erotic? I know I did.
51. Being able to recruit Adlai after you throw a wind rune crystal at him. In my place, if you do that, you will only get stabbed.
52. Lu - 'Whiz. Bang. bang.' Stupidest gadget girl EVAR.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:01 am; edited 11 times in total
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krinn in Suikoden I. This is obvious
Anna Lee (cant recall her name, i mean the singer) singing opening her pixeled mouth while the japanese song was being played
Gullaume´s "moments" chasing children... in Suikoden III
Yuber in suikoden III... most of you love it, but i couldnt help thinking he was dressed as Michael Jackson
The huge quantity of random fights in Suikoden IV
Some atributes of some ladies, defying the law of gravity in Suikoden V :*laugh*: Plastic surgery in suikoden world?
Salamander

I iron your FACE!

306964 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always tended to like the weird and funny characters in the Suikoden games.
But there are two characters I find far too weird.
They are Kenji, the gym teacher and Moroon, the beaver with the electric guitar.
I don't think they fit into the Suikoden world at all.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
Nay-Kobolds. Who on earth came up with the final concept of such a race and how did they manage to make it into the final game. They sum up all of the crapness of S4 for me.
  • Their racial name is based on not being Kobolds. Ingenious.
  • Their housing is meant to be endearing yet wacky but to me just comes off as acid inspired/desperate.
  • The whole race seems to wear waistcoats and tank tops - plus they all walk around hunched up like old old men regardless of age.
  • The super cutesy speech with slight speech impediments for added cute irritates me to the point of vomiting.
I liked the idea of a cat humanoid race but I really think they could have done something much better.
and you know they'll probably never be seen again unless The Island Nations are directly involved.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! You guys sure have come up with a lot of ideas. Some of them, I really like. Others I'm not so-sure really qualify, but I'll give my reasons why some would and why some wouldn't.

Also, if anyone else is interested in helping me decide what belongs and what doesn't, feel free to either post here or drop me a PM, and I'll consider you for a "staff member." I have one person in mind already, because they asked me about it over MSN, yesterday. :wink:

Mullenger, Suikoden IV? Well... To be honest, I had considered this for induction. I'll hold off on it for now, but it's definitely something worth considering. It did damage to the series, pushing many would-be fans away, but at the same time it was the first Suikoden game for a few people and actually brought some gamers into the fold. Overall, I still say it sucked, but I'm still holding off on it.

Darko, Hee hee, I knew you were going to post your long-list here and that's a good thing. I'll go over your suggestions here.

1. ALL Demi-humans? Sorry, that's a bit too broad here. I know what you're getting at, and why I generally agree with you, I don't think the simple IDEAS of some are that bad. Beavers are stupid, Lizards, and Ducks are as well. I don't have a problem with Kobolds (Other games have kobold characters in them, so they have more merit.) And I honestly kind of like Nay-Kobolds. I think most of these characters themselves deserve nominations, as opposed to their entire races... Unless we're talking about Ducks and Lizards. :P

2. On a general level, Suikoden I art...? Yes. However since not ALL of it was bad, I'd rather go with nominating the individuals who stood out as being the worst.

3. I'm going to sound like a broken record here. You're right, most people in Suikoden I sucked, but I'm going to have to go with each individual one here.

4. Ha ha, yeah. The unicorn quest was pretty damn lame. Horrible way to introduce one of the best characters you can use in Suikoden II. (Tengaar)

5. Not just recruiting him. Adlai in general. Very lame, and he was a jerk.

6. "Crotch Man?" Um... I have no idea what you mean. I didn't have a problem with Amada.

7. This seems to be refuted. Perhaps it's a glitch or something, Annalee's singing works in PAL.

8. Hmmm. I don't like him because he's the reason you have to recruit monsters as stars. That is a HORRIBLE idea, in my book. Not that you have monsters on your team... But that they're stars, so I'm half & half on Badeaux.

9. Chaco? Hell yeah. I hate that little asshole. He's a racist too, and is basically to blame for the kobolds and humans dislike of wingers.

10. Rushing through Suikoden II for Clive? Agreed 100%

11. It isn't just Gordon... It's trading in general! And yes, why can't Viki teleport us to Gregminster?!!

12. Yeah, I think this falls under what I was thinking about. Not having teleportation to Gregminster.

13. Um, Hans and paying you money isn't crap, Darko. That's kinda' cool, actually... :P

14. Disagree, but I think certain aspects of Jeane should be nominated. Mystery isn't one of them.

15. Again, disagree. Viki is actually one of my favorites. Unless the general consensus on her is dislike, I can't induct her.

16. Jude, ha ha ha. Oh yeah, he deserves to be recognized as crap. Even if he's got a Beatles song named after him.

17. Marlowe is pathetic. He's total crap... If that IS a he. What the hell?!

18. Nina? Yep, she's crappy... And schizo.

19. Hmmm. I'm on the fence on Pesmerga. He's stupid, but some people like him a lot.

20. Ha ha ha, oh yeah. Stupid ass "Holy Rune..." This wouldn't be so bad if you could equip MORE THAN ONE RUNE on a character... WTF?!

21. He ha, hooo... Definitely. Tetsu's taco rampage is bad.

22. Can't comment, mostly due to vague memory, but... I'm leaning towards yes.

23. Yes. Thomas isn't bad, but he shouldn't be the Tenkai.

24. Definitely. All of those lame-ass random recruit methods were absurd. Landis just isn't the only one.

25. Hortez in general should be inducted. He was crap.

26. I don't remember Kidd's case, but it involves ducks, so it probably sucked. :P

27. Yeah, that's pretty bad. (Watari)

28. No comment on Nash. I don't like him at all, but... Yeah.

29. Yes, Luc's POV was way too short, and didn't feature enough combat.

30. Childerich had a clown suit....?

31. Ha ha ha... If anything resembled those pieces of shit, then yes. However, I seriously don't recall this.

32. Can't recall Sairoh's recruitment, offhand...

33. Yes. Fuck Murad, that asshole.

34. Getting Shoon late is also balls.

35. Getting Sonya late ffalls under the banner of Shoon. Mazus is a category unto himself.

36. *shakes head* Guillaume definitely deserves a nomination. He's one of the most absurdly awful ideas ever.

Wataru, Hmm... I'm not too sure on this re-painted sprite thing. I dunno about Oleg, but I will agree with Lulu, specifically. He's seriously one of the worst characters that Konami has come up with. The shop bug in Suikoden IV sucks, especially with a game that you need to gather 108 characters. Come on, people.

Seraphblade, you actually came up with mostly GOOD moments. I'm not looking for the humorous ones that were supposed to make you laugh, but the crappy moments that made you facepalm or groan in agony. Some of the BAD moments made you laugh at how pathetic they were, but a few of these don't fall under that category.

1 & 2. Honestly, I think that's pretty damn awesome. As a matter of fact, that's seriously one of my favorite parts of Suikoden II, when Flik & Viktor come out of nowhere to bust you out. You then go to get Nanami, only to find out that she's beaten the shit out of her captors. The "Oh, my nuts" thing is silly, but I would NOT call any of this crap.

3. I don't recall Viktor's speech. I will see this soon, as I'm going through Suikoden II at the moment.

4. Viktor's technique is not crap, very humorous. :P

5. Hmmm. The mercenary flag is certainly debatable. I love it, but really, it's a pretty poor-ass flag.

6. Yeah, Ninjas for hire are lame. Especially Watari's price. WTF?!

7. Don't recall this offhand, but it an all-dog play doesn't sound good.

8 & 9. Don't remember either of these, but I'll definitely check them out for posterity.

Archy, I really have no idea what you mean. Him screwing a goat, is that what you're talking about...?

John Layfield, I think the localization in Suikoden I & II were FAR worse than anything I can recall in Suikoden III. Of course, your PAL versions apparently had "Spell Check" equipped. :P

Decado, I like Nay-Kobolds, but all of the points you make are very valid reasons to NOT like them. This is something I'd consider.

ferrouslupusrex... That is a looong list. *laffy* I'm gonna' have to go over each one here.

1. Nash Latjke - Well, if you're talking a Suiko-Gaiden character, they didn't really have RPG battles in them... And, it doesn't sound like you're talking Suikoden III here. Look, I hate Nash, but I don't think he really qualifies as crap.

2. Esmeralda - That's possible. She was eye-candy, as far as her avatar goes. As far as usefulness... Yeeeah, I'm going to give the nod to this one here.

3. Apple - As far as Suikoden I, maybe... But, she redeems herself so well in Suikoden II, that it just doesn't matter to me. Declined.

4. Pico - If Pico's a perv, that's got nothing to do with Annalee... He is a pretty damn useless character.

5. The 'Bark like a dog' cut scene for Simone- Don't recall offhand, but it's possible. You sound like you like this one.

6. Odessa being dumped in the Sewer by Viktor - No, it served a plot purpose along with a functional one. I personally disagree by moral standards, but since it did make sense, this doesn't qualify as crap.

7. The gibberish that are supposedly trade rumors in SII - Hmmm... No, I disagree here. With all of those NPCs hanging out there, it's only natural that they'd be talking about trade items.

8. Oppenheimer's defeat was a joke - I blame the poor characterizations on the villains on this. Milich was a pretty good villain in a game where the villains just sucked ass for the most part, so I'm going to give this a negative.

9. The Zombie traitor in Neclord's castle in SI. - Ha ha ha, good eye. Yes, this is stupid as hell.

10. Krin. - Oh hell yes. He is seriously one of the most pathetic characters in ANY RPG, EVER.

11. Isabella's 'armor'. - Heh, well. Ok, you're right. But, it is kinda' sexy. I dunno....

12. The missing forts in SuikoI. - Yes, Duha and Rakan should've been on the map. Pathetic.

13. Lulu - Glad that there are two people besides me that agree with this.

14. Gremio - Yeah, he deserves nomination. The stuttering was pathetic, too.

15. Hix chokes Tengaar at the end of SI. - No, that's a hug. A poorly animated one. I won't second this, but it's something for consideration.

16. Riou sleeps with Nanami on a single bed in the Matilda visit. I- Ahhh. Brother and sister here. That isn't bad, though at that age it isn't really normal, either...

17. Riou's melon head and toothpick neck during his younger years. - Yeah, Riou had a bad kiddy portrait, but so did Jowy and Nanami...

18. Simone's weapons. - I'll have to look into this one...

19. Jess tactics and intelligence. - Jess in general was a tool. I don't like him. It makes sense for him to suspect Riou, however he and anyone from Muse had NO business helping Tinto at that point in the game.

20. Kiba and Klaus siege was misplaced. - An oversight, I'm sure. The army could've marched through the forest to get on that side, though.

21. Tir prefering Ellie when he could have Kasumi- Tir liked Eilie...?! :shock:

22. Leon claiming that he along with Jowy tried their best to keep the Beast Rune at bay only to sic IT against you just because they were losing and there needs to be a mandatory last boss fight. - No, someone had to take care of the Beast Rune. It likely would've been Culgan, Seed, Han, Yuber, & Jowy, if you were to have lost the war. This makes sense to a large degree.

23. The Kalekka incident. - No, this isn't crap.

24. The liberation army being stumped on how to defeat Milich's giant flower. Well, yeah. The flaming arrows would've made more sense... I don't consider this crap, but Milich pulling a dragon out of his ass to abduct Liukan... Yeah, that's pretty bad.

25. Riou accepting Jowy as a friend after all the betrayal. - It's Riou's character, and ultimately your choice. You CAN fight Jowy... This isn't crap, and Harmonia was an ALLY of Highland.

26. The samurai(s) in the banner mountains. - No, those were rather cool random enemies.

27. Sheena.- I dislike this tool. Leave my girls alone, idiot.

28. There is a Kobold couple at the 3rd floor garden who wants to eat the flowers! - Ha ha ha, not crap, if that's true!

29. Gengen can be seen hung to dry at the laundry area! - I hope this is true! I can't stand that ass! Not crap.

30. Most of the Kobold's have poor syntax. - This is just a general example that most kobolds were stupid and / or uneducated.

31. The Nay Kobold's retarded actuations. - You talking about how they move...? I suppose...

32. Ducks. No pants. - Ducks in general. Donald didn't have pants, either. A pantsless sailor... Like this world needs another one of THOSE! :P

33. Hortez's absurdly long name. - Hortez sucked, yes.

34. Fuwa.......'s stupid name. - Yes, one of the worst names ever.

35. The Island nation's skin tone. - Yeah, you'd think they'd have better tans...

36. Lazlo's shorts.- His outfit in general... Shit, Lazlo himself was bad.

37. Snowe. - Hmm. He's hated a lot, but I'm on the fence here.

38. That leopard guy's girlfriend. - Norma? Not crap, Ernst is actually a guy that can turn into a cheetah or... Whatever.

39. Aldo. - Maybe, I don't recall very well, so I can't comment directly at the moment.

40. The sun rune. - Um huh? No, I disagree here.

41. Pesmerga. - Again, I'm on the fence with this guy.

42. Guillame's pedophillic tendencies. - Yeah, Guillaume needs to be inducted.

43. Marco.- Agreed. His game sucked, too.

44. Suiko3's Sarah = Suiko1 'washerwoman' Sarah. - I hear ya, but that's not true. Sarah in Suikoden 1 was a grown woman, and Luc has a "wind rune," in BOTH I & II.

45. Freed allowing his wife to be taken advantage of. - I think Freed himself deserves a nomination. Hell, this is but one more reason to.

46. If Linfa ran out of money which is inevitable because she was a pathetic gambler. Does she slut herself to pay for her debts? - Hmmm, I dunno. Offhand, I can't recall whether or not she had those tendencies, like Rina. I wouldn't blame her, if she did. I also don't know what you're getting at, though...

47. Sialeeds. - Hmmm... She may qualify...

48. Lymsleia's would have been fiance Gizel - No. This has to do with politics. He didn't have any interest in sexing her at all.

49. Riou being beaten by common thugs (see oulan recruitment). - Yes, this is out of place, but I don't think he was necessarily beaten up here, more that Oulan intervened and gave him a warning.

50. Apple begging Shu. - Certainly not. No way.

51. Being able to recruit Adlai after you throw a wind rune crystal at him. - Well, he deserved it, because he was an ass... I think Darko mentioned him already, though.

52. Lu - Naw. Mainly because I know one guy who really likes her. And she doesn't bother me any.

Fu Su Lu, Krin and Guilliaume are obvious choices. Ginormous boobs really doesn't deserve nomination, nor does Annalee. About the random fights, well. That's worth looking into. Yuber...? No, can't do that.

Salamander, Kenji for sure. Not so much on Moroon... Maybe, but the guitar is more amusing than anything. :P

Whew! You guys sure came up with a lot of ideas, and most of them were pretty darn good, too. As I mentioned before, I'm really going to be interested in getting interested members together to help form "second-opinions." I do have a couple in mind at the moment, but they may not be interested, if I ask.

As for how to handle inductions, I think it's only fair to post a thread for each induction, or at least the big ones. Each induction needs to at least be a separate post. Heck, I think that much is only fair, right?

Anyway, as far as how inductions should be handled, I'm also open to suggestions on that, too. So, I thought I might as well toss that out there for you guys. Keep the ideas coming! :D

Wow, and I haven't even posted my own list of things from Suikoden I & II...

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could never go past the fact that Lepant gives Riou one of his generals and about 5000 soldiers because he:

"Has the same eyes as his"

I hate the freaking rpg cliché of the eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: