Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Color Coordinated Five
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm actually just a bit confused with the mermaids because we can only have 4 people in the party anyways.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mermaids do not participate in battles, so 4 party members don't really affect...

Well, the moment i saw the scene with the mermaids, i was wondering. Hmmm... What happens if we didn't get all mermaids? Well, thanks for answering that query...

By the way, did you guys realise that all these rambling about the mermaids are considered as spoilers?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's something strange: (spoilers)

I only recruited two mermaids in my first quest and I saw three mermaids jump off my ship on the way to Fort El-Eal. That is just dumb.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Here's something strange: (spoilers)

I only recruited two mermaids in my first quest and I saw three mermaids jump off my ship on the way to Fort El-Eal. That is just dumb.

Not apparantly spolierific enough this time around, eh, Kobold?

Yeah, that's what I've been reffering to, Everyone's Grudge.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry if there were some minor spoilers... But we're just discussing some CCF's ere... But regarding (spoilers)the mermaids, I think that they weren't entirely useless to a point that i hate them. They did do their part after all...

But i most definitely think that the best CCF's are the flying squirells. Then followed by the fishes, then the dogs, and finally the smiths. (Wouldn't it be ironic if their last name was 'Smith'?)

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
(Wouldn't it be ironic if their last name was 'Smith'?)

Yeah, that'd be pretty funny. There were a lot of smiths in the Middle Ages and there were a lot of millers too. That's how we get e bunch of those common names.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My opinion on them all:

Suikoden I: Fine, but one was totally useless as a smith. At least you got to use them in battle if you wanted to.

Suikoden II: Freakin' squirrels. I never quite got them all. I never got the same combinations of them either. There would always be a different one that evaded me. But there's just something about squirrels in capes that makes me want to catch em-- I mean find all of them.

Suikoden III: I lke dogs and I found all of them. The point of view of the dogs was fun. Running laps around Kathy's track as the dog was cool. I used them in easy battles sometimes.

Suikoden IV: (spoiler) Read everything before about 5 people doing exactly the same thing being useless and pretend I wrote it here.

Overall, it's something to look for. Like Jeane or Viki and it would be missed if removed. Never noticed they were color coordinated though...

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Yeah, that'd be pretty funny. There were a lot of smiths in the Middle Ages and there were a lot of millers too. That's how we get e bunch of those common names.

Most of those common last names came from the person's job. Names like Baker, Carpenter, Clarke (the British pronunciation of clerk), Cook, Miller and Taylor are quite common, also Brewer and Mason.

The most common surname in English is Smith.

Glad we aren't named that way now...

In interest of staying on topic: my favorite squirrel was mukumuku.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tes. That would be interesting... Maybe Konami thought about this when they made the first CCF's. I mean, i'm just specualating, but possibly. They exhausted all replayable character profiles and took out each and every unique personality. Apparently, this created the similar yet different CCF's... and so it's origin is revealed.. (sort of).

But all in all, the idea of having five interrelated colorcoded characters are really one of the things that can get you hooked on a game.

Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how in Suikoden II and III only one CCF was a SOD, leaving room for other characters. Kind of ludicrous in I and IV having five characters perform the same function(ESPECIALLY in IV :roll: ).
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you totally. They shouldn't have taken away those important stars. They really should have had anoth martial artist in IV, since there weren't that many of them.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: