Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Studying at the library is 4 points.

Library is 2 points, 1000 Yen donation is a 75% chance of 2 points, Staying Awake in class is 2 points, studying at night is 2 points (only one if you get sick/tired), studying during a holiday or Sunday is 4 points (two if you get sick or tired), Prodigy Platter is 3 points, any movies you see that increase your Academics (only during the summer film festival, I believe) is 4 points.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm now a charismatic badass genius. It feels good.

I've maxed out Hermit, Hanged Man, Justice, Tower and Hierophant S. Links. Hermit was sorta sad, Hanged Man was sweet, the rest were sorta meh. I'm in Tartarus the night before the September full moon, and I gotta say, I've never been so glad for holidays to end, they just kept going and going but I managed to get through them without and of my relationships reversing. I've started using spears on my main character, which are pretty cool, though I think I'll swap back to short swords later on.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only benefit of the Library is that you will never get tired and you can combine it with studying at night to get 4 points. Personally, I'd go for the shrine.
I defeated the Natural Dancer today. Earlier on, I had read about it being a major pain, so I took steps to beat it. It went fine at first, but it used Sexy Dance and resulted in me resetting my PS2. In the end, I soloed it with Minato and Clotho, because Clotho gives immunity to wind attacks. I came close to dying once when it attacked me twice in a row instead of using its wind spells, but I emerged the victor.
My current Social Links are Magician lvl 6, Chariot lvl 5, Hanged Man lvl 5, Temperance lvl 4, Hierophant lvl 7, Hermit lvl 5, Sun lvl 3, Moon lvl 5, Star lvl 2, Justice lvl 3, Fortune lvl 4, Fool lvl 5, Death lvl 5 and Strength lvl 4. Boy, I both like and hate the Sun Social Link because Akinari is horribly depressing, yet his story is very touching. I also happened to read the spoiler about him, which makes it even sadder.
I'm in September right now and both my Courage and Charm are maxed out due to spending too much time at the karaoke and the cafe. I'd say I'm getting around fine although I may be too overleveled. Oh well, I won't be overleveled when I enter the 4th block, so that's fine.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
The only benefit of the Library is that you will never get tired and you can combine it with studying at night to get 4 points. Personally, I'd go for the shrine.

Well, the shrine doesn't take any time, so you could do both.

Ideally, your day should be structured like this:

After School/Daytime: Donate 1000 to the shrine, work on an SLink.
Evening: build Courage Sun-Thu, Charm Friday-Saturday until Courage is maxed, then work on Charm.
Late Night: Study.

Before you max all stats (which, doing this, will probably be around August) you can just save Tartarus for the day before the full moon (Never get tired) or, if you're in need of cash, on Saturdays.

Quote:

I defeated the Natural Dancer today. Earlier on, I had read about it being a major pain, so I took steps to beat it. It went fine at first, but it used Sexy Dance and resulted in me resetting my PS2. In the end, I soloed it with Minato and Clotho, because Clotho gives immunity to wind attacks. I came close to dying once when it attacked me twice in a row instead of using its wind spells, but I emerged the victor.

Haha, yeah. That dude sucked. I beat it by...well, not cheating, but "abusing the system." I kept save/resetting until I made a Narcissus that "Had an Item in its Heart." Then, when I had one with an item, I registered it right before it gave it up and just got four of them. The Narcissus Flower, which is what you get, blocks Charm attacks. So I just went in with my usual party (Main, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Junpei [with wind resist equipment]) and laid waste.

YES. YES IT CAN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A good idea would be to do charm/courage Sun - Thu, then on Friday, grind in Tartarus until you get tired, then Saturday, drink at the nurse's office, then sleep earlier and repeat. That way you can get your courage to go up on Saturday too.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished Courage on June 11th. Once Charm is done, Academics will be cake-- shrine offering, Library and studying all in the same day.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
I finished Courage on June 11th. Once Charm is done, Academics will be cake-- shrine offering, Library and studying all in the same day.

You can do that even without Charm being maxed, and still work on Charm in the Evenings.

I mean, you shouldn't, because you should use the day for SLinks, but you can.

YES. YES IT CAN.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know. You mentioned the exact reason why I'm not.

Evenings will be reserved for building Tower.

Last edited by Leb on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But...you say you're going to do it when you max Charm.

You can't go to the Library in the evening.

YES. YES IT CAN.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tower link, good sir.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mutatsu scares me. >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wuu..... you guy WAY more advance than me.. i Just play this 3 Day ago.. and done the scene at the Beach... OPERATION BABE Hunt :mrgreen:

anyway... i want to ask something... in my current .. my study , charm , courage still still in LVL 2.. should i worry about it?

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you plan on replaying the game with new game +, your academics, courage, and charm carry over. I would say play how you want to unless you want to be a completionist about it or want to start certain S-links early. For comparison sake, I think I had courage maxed out at that point and was at like 4 for charm and 3 for academics.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The school semester really does start for me tomorrow. *sigh*

Let's see. The date is 7/31 and I have a track meet coming up. I honestly feel like going for a run right now because I have to get back in shape. Nothing like a video game that monopolizes my time and also encourages me to work out in the same stride. By the way, Yuko kicks too much ass. I don't care if she isn't the lead female love interest. She is one of my favorite characters in the game. Scratch that. The series.

As for Tartarus, I made it to the third tier and am just chilling out for the moment. I'll return to level up the night before the next full moon.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man this game rocks ijust can not stop play it.

Ihave play it for 17 hours straight there so many people you can hang out with or class to go to and you only do one at a time perday plus study and go out and fight at night it makes my head spin and i any not any were near the level you are at.

I hope it get up to were you guys are in the Tartarus i still at the second level block and i am in june all really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: