Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been away from the computer for two days just so that I could play this game. It's sucking me in so badly, I've been playing it even during the days where I don't have college.

I agree that Operation Babe Hunt is one of the most hilarious things I've seen so far in any RPG. I passed it a few hours ago and I'm still laughing at it, but I hear that two more funny events will be coming up.

I find it quite difficult to handle so many Social Links at once. The ones I currently have are Magician, (lvl 6) Chariot (lvl 5), Strength (lvl 4), Emperor (lvl 4), Hierophant (lvl 6), Temperance(lvl 4), Fortune (lvl 3) Hanged Man (lvl 4), Hermit (lvl4), Fool (lvl 4), Moon (lvl 4), Death (lvl 3), Justice (lvl 2) and Devil (lvl 1). I was panicking before the school holidays because I hadn't talked to Chihiro a lot, but I managed to hang out with her a day before the school holidays began.
Suprisingly, I managed to ace the finals even though my Academics was rank 4 and I answered one question wrongly. The other funny thing is that I didn't get my present from Mitsuru.
I think that my favorite Social Link is the Hierophant one because I like their story a lot. That should explain how I got it to Rank 6 so fast, eh? I think that the Death Social Link is plain...creepy.

So tell me, who here rushes through Tartarus until the barricade? Because of the documents, my plan is to simply rush through and whup all of the bosses and then reach the barricade so that I don't need to worry about it for a while, and then I train one day before the full moon.

My favorite party is usually Akihiko, Mitsuru and Yukari/Aigis. I find that using Aigis can be quite annoying because she likes to use spells that consume a lot of HP. One of the Tartarus boss battles was especially annoying because everyone kept using Strike attacks and the boss had Evade Strike, meaning that I had to keep on healing them.

That's about it...I'm kind of mad that I missed out on dating any of the three female leads but it doesn't matter so much. Oh yeah, and that tune in the Velvet Room is awesome. I've been humming it so much lately.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the moment the night before the full moon is the only time I go to Tartarus. And yeah, I rush through to the bosses, and get the portals, then I go get the Old Document and after that I train and finish the quests (bloody rare shadows!). Once I max Academics and Tower S.Link I'll probably go to Tartarus more though.

As for my S.Links, at the moment I've got Fool (5), Magician (5), Priestess (1), Emperor (3), Hierophant (7), Chariot (5), Justice (9), Hermit (7), Fortune (1), Strength (6), Hanged Man (8), Death (3), Temperance (3) and Tower (7). I don't really like Chihiro or the Justice S.Link but once you reach rank 10 you can no longer piss them off no matter what you do (including talking to other chicks :D). So I'll probably max Justice, then Strength, then Priestess (Fuuka), then Lovers (Yukari) and saving the best till last, Empress (Mitsuru). :)

Hanged Man was pretty good, but one part annoyed me where the good option in the conversation was to tell her to go with her dad, despite finding out in a previous S.Link that he hit her. I'd have to say that Hermit is probably the best one so far though. Emperor would easily be the worst.

Luceit wrote:
That's about it...I'm kind of mad that I missed out on dating any of the three female leads but it doesn't matter so much. Oh yeah, and that tune in the Velvet Room is awesome. I've been humming it so much lately.

Why have you missed out on dating the leads? As long as you max out the corresponding stat (Charm for Yukari, Courage for Fuuka and Academics for Mitsuru) you should be able to date them. As for the music, I've had a chance to check out the soundtracks and the only two I particularly like is Burn My Dread (which is great) and Master of Tartarus.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Burn My Bread Last Battle is the best song ever.

My Social Links are Fool (5), Magician (6), Priestess (1), Emperor (5), Hierophant (6), Lovers(1), Chariot (6), Justice (4), Hermit (9), Fortune (1), Strength (4), Hanged Man (6), Death (5), Temperance (4), Devil(2), Tower (5), Star(2), and Moon(4). I'm missing Judgement which is story, Empress, and Sun, because I need the fountain pen. I hate how you can only talk to him on Sundays. <_<

Has anyone noticed other MegaTen references? So far I've noticed...

- Cielo Mist(imported from Jamaica)
- Que sera sera(the bar in back of Port Island Station)
- The story about the soldiers in red capes kidnapping a lady
- Alice
- Innocent Sin Online(Maya, Tatsuya, Lunarvale/Mikage)
- "Who's Who" - I've seen Lisa, Maya, Masao, Tatsuya and Baofu so far

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've just discovered that I still have a shot at Mitsuru. That's good, because I already messed up the other two by not maxing out my Courage and Charm by the required date (Fuuka's is especially annoying because of its time frame). Besides, I like Mitsuru the most anyway (Or maybe Aigis for that part where she misinteprets the philosophy written on the paper and wakes him up five minutes early).

I hate how you can only talk to the Sun one on Sundays too. I'd work on that, but I get a lot of calls from my school Social Links. On the other hand, I could always hang out with them after school as well, so I suppose I can ditch them every once in a while. I think I like to work on the ones where I get a significant benefit, because levelling these Personae is a real pain. Isn't it a good thing that some level ups are automatic?

About the music, I seem to have taken a strange liking to Burn My Dread as well (it's the main battle theme, right?). That's strange, considering that I normally dislike tunes of that music genre.

I like rushing through Tartarus. I got scared a few times when the enemies used Mamudo, but I've been lucky so far. Oh , I saw Death once because I got too distracted by all of the hands running around. I barely got away with my life; Akihiko sacrificed himself to distract him and he nullified my Ice immunity, allowing me to get away.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
Well, I've just discovered that I still have a shot at Mitsuru. That's good, because I already messed up the other two by not maxing out my Courage and Charm by the required date (Fuuka's is especially annoying because of its time frame). Besides, I like Mitsuru the most anyway (Or maybe Aigis for that part where she misinteprets the philosophy written on the paper and wakes him up five minutes early).

You don't have to have the stats maxed by any particular date (except for Mitsuru who you need to have max Academics by the last exam).

Quote:
About the music, I seem to have taken a strange liking to Burn My Dread as well (it's the main battle theme, right?).

Burn My Dread is the song that plays in the intro when you first start up the game.

As for the Last Battle version of it, that's the butchering of a perfectly good song by adding a bunch of rap crap to it.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bullshit, Atlus! A semicolon could be used in that sentence in place of a colon! It helps with the flow of the sentence, damn it!

*Ahem*

So, I am on Level 26 of Tartarus and am doing pretty well. I decided to join the track team and it looks like Yuko and I are getting intimate. *sigh* Why can't I find a girl in real-life like Yuko?

Anyway, I just created a Chariot persona and the next level (18) will bring me a skill known as "Sharp Student." Is this an actual skill to use in battle or does it affect one's Academics?

P.S. Props to Blackjack for giving that strategy for killing off the Crying Tables.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sharp Student decreases the chance of you getting hit by a critical hit.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Que sera sera(the bar in back of Port Island Station)

Que Sera, Sera isn't really a reference to DDS, unless you make the argument that DDS took the character's name from the saying (Que Sera, Sera = Whatever will be, will be)

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Sera; The name Sera comes from the Spanish phrase, "Que Sera, Sera"(Whatever will be, will be). Sera is a name derived from the name Cassarah. Her name also means "heavenly winged angel".

- http://nirvana.digitaldevildb.com/info_cast_embryon.html

Jorge Prima wrote:

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Junpei just forces himself to be the one if you choose yourself. :P
Oh seriously? I was thinking of doing that...but I ended up picking Akihiko...haha go me! er...I mean *cough*

I believe I'm somewhere near the October Midterms...
I was just talking with Angelus that my Fool Arcana rank didn't go up after the last Mission and I was getting worried but he told me they don't go up after every mission

Scared me for a sec cuz I thought I screwed up one of the choices ^^;;;;

You know I was just looking at my play time cuz I think that reflects how long you've played rather than what day you are in the game and DANG...It's up to 84 hours wooooooooooot!

Oh btw with the last mission I did...
[ 2 of my team's Persona "evolved" =o apparently they evolve when said characters have "EMO EVENTS" awww MAN....I want to see an event centered around the main character sooooo badly....An "emo event" would be even better! ...but I bet if anything of that sort does come up it'll be near the game D= They always do that to main characters in games....sighh..... ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I'm not so sure if I'm going for Yukari anymore. I got level 6 Charm today, but now that Yukari's acting like a total bitch instead of a sweet, nice girl like at the beginning of the game, I'm considering changing. The game acts like Yukari is the default love interest, but if she's going to be such a damn bitch, it's over. We're through! Mitsuru, Fuuka, and Yoko ftw.

Finals are in two days. I'm gonna ace that shit.

Jesus Christ, it's taking forever to raise my Academics to level 4. I want to get Striped Shirts Arcana!
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's taking me forever too. Does anyone know just how effective each method of boosting Academics actually is? I'm especially curious about how studying at the library stacks up against a bowl of Prodigy Noodles or whatever at the restaurant.

I wish I had the presence of mind to keep a save file just before Operation Babe Hunt. Oh well.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha...the funny thing is that I've read that Yukari is actually a little hard to make work as far as the relationship goes before certain events during the summer that reflect those relationships. I haven't gotten to the point in the game where I think she's annoying or anything yet. We'll see.

Academics is hella hard to move up because each level requires so much more than the other two. In the time that I've maxed out Courage and almost maxed out Charm, I think I'm about halfway up the bar for Academics. Whee.

@Delsaber - According to the guide, studying at the library I think is 2 pts while the prodigy noodle thing is 3 pts. I'd take it with a grain of salt, since we all know that guidebooks are far less than 100% correct, but that's what it says anyway. ^_^

BTW, like your banner a lot Angelus. So cute it makes my teeth hurt...in a megaten sorta way.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Studying at the library is 4 points.

There's actually a lot of cute and amazing pictures you can find if you search for them in the original Japanese text. Some suck though, but there are some good finds.

ペルソナ(3) = Persona(3)
女神異聞録 = Megumi Ibunroku
罪 = Tsumi/(Innocent) Sin
罰 = Batsu/(Eternal) Punishment

真・女神転生 = Shin Megami Tensei
デビルサマナー = Devil Summoner

Aaand that's all I can think of/find for now.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, you guys progress a lot faster than I do. I just got to floor 59 and I'm in June still (although, near the end of it). I haven't had trouble with beating the floor 59 boss, just beating him with more than just myself left alive at the end. From reading everyone else's levels, I guess that's not surprising. I am a few levels behind what all you guys say you were at when you fought him. I guess more HP would help others survive. :P

I don't have too many social links right now at any high levels. I am avoiding things that tell me how to get them so I'm definitely missing at least a couple altogether that I could have right now. I have Fool 3, Magician 8, Emperor 4, Hierophant 5, Chariot 6, Justice 4, Hermit 2, Fortune 1, Strength 3, Hanged Man 3, Death 1, Temperance 2, and Moon 3. I've been going with Magician lately just because I'm a bad person encouraging unethical behavior. I find it funny.

I didn't raise any of my stats at the beginning of the game and didn't even know about the shrine until a little ways into it, so I've missed out on quite a few points. Even so, I'm at level 4 academics and charm, but only at level 3 courage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26

Jump to: