Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 3 - game of the year! It's out!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually have trouble with overly-complex battle systems, but this game isn't as complex as you'd think it'd be, and there's an excellent tutorial mode as well. Fusing Personae can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but you eventually get a compendium so you can buy back any Personae that you lose through fusion, so it's not really a problem. Overall, I'm really enjoying this game, and it makes me want to try the other SMT games (this is my first one)!

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see why any rpg veteran would still want to play rpgs that consist of stupid teenagers plotting to save the world, and their happy go lucky settings and shit stories, with gameplay that insults the players intelligence because they are so mundane and fucking easy. But that's just me. I've been spoiled by SMT. Once you go SMT you don't ever come back.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I beat the 7/7 bosses. I didn't bring Junpei - I opted for Akihiko's Tarunda and Mitsuru's Bufula. Now, everyone is at level 23 and Junpei is at level 20 and this seriously disturbs me because I need everyone to be around the same level. u_u So I just gotta bring Junpei everywhere I go in Tartarus now. I don't feel motivated though, I have exams in just a few days so I'm studying my ass off and visiting the shrine a lot. Hopefully I'll get top of the class this time. <_<

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it's impossible to be at the top of the class the first time you have exams since you were absent for a week and didn't know all the material.

Anyways, I've stopped using Junpei myself. He isn't that wiedly in battle. He can't use magic healing abilities like everyone else, he rarely ever learns new skills, and his swings tend to miss and he gets Downed more than the others. I like him as a character, but holy moly does he suck at battles.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Why is this game so addictive?
2. I didn't like Shin Megami Tensei and DDS 1+2, can this game convince me nevertheless?
3. Is it a dungeon crawler? Or is it more like advancing in this tower, until you reach the end?
4. Do you have to turn into a monster or is it this time just a option? I mean in DS it was like really necessary.

Thanks in advance
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
i think it's impossible to be at the top of the class the first time you have exams since you were absent for a week and didn't know all the material.

Yes you can. You just need rank 3 Academics.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have problems with Junpei, but I do find the others to be much more useful and versatile.

Sialeeds wrote:

Not entirely sure, but it is. There's two quite different elements of play and one you get sick of one, you can switch to the other. At least, for me that's how it works. There's just a lot to do as well. I don't feel like I've accomplished as much as I want to, so I keep playing.

Quote:
3. Is it a dungeon crawler? Or is it more like advancing in this tower, until you reach the end?

You advance in the tower until you hit a roadblock at certain floors, which is cleared when you beat bosses on certain days in the game. You can pretty much ignore the tower most of the time, like I do, and have no real problems. So if you don't like that aspect, then you don't have to focus on it at all. You do have to play it of course, but gaining massive levels isn't necessary.

Quote:
4. Do you have to turn into a monster or is it this time just a option? I mean in DS it was like really necessary.

You don't turn into anything. Your persona is more like something you summon for a split second in order for it to do a skill. Of course, which one you equip determines your weaknesses, strengths, and so on. You can get away with not using your persona at times, but unless you have a bunch of items to use in place of skills, you won't want to avoid it.

I skipped #2 since I never played those. >_>

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's wrong with Junpei? =p
I'm being really anal and making everybody be the same level [of strongness] at the end of the day!
Well...except me of course XD;

Sialeeds wrote:
Um personally It's addictive for me cuz the daytime simulates school pretty well...
I'm one of those uber Harvest Moon fans and that simulates farming so yeah...

Also I like all the different kind of Persona...or...at least going for/acquiring as many Persona as I can...though it's not necessary really
Fusing them gets real addiciting too XD trying to make the perfect Persona that is strong against it's weaknesses or has every element attack or something or other
It's as amusing as teaching Serph from DDS Agi skills hehehe
Sialeeds wrote:
2. I didn't like Shin Megami Tensei and DDS 1+2, can this game convince me nevertheless?
Honestly...I didn't like SMT and DDS enough either that I haven't yet been able to bring myself to continue/beat them. But I really really like Persona 3...so we're in the same boat maybe? =p
Sialeeds wrote:
Well...I guess it's partial dungeon tower...
However I should point out that the game restricts how many floors you can go up every month...plus there are quests you can do in the tower.

Of course the "dungeon" part is only half the game as the other half is your school life =P And there really are some interesting/amusing events in that half

Sialeeds wrote:
Erm...turn into monsters? You don't turn into monsters in this game...it's more like you have control of this "spirit" within you and you can 'get' more as you grow stronger and uh..yeah...
Sage explained it pretty well too...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So has anyone checked out all the vending machines? I was quite surprised and greatly amused to find a Battlestar Galactica reference hidden in one of them. Cylon Tea: 12 different varieties! Nice. I love it when two of my favourite things mingle with each other unexpectedly.

I need a good Garu-based Persona for the level 59 boss; my best at the moment is Narcissus, whom I'm not terribly fond of. Any suggestions?
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

level 59? I'm in that block right now and I just made me a Garu based Persona. Forgot the name.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in the same block, on the 6/7 the night before the fool moon. For a garu Persona you'll probably want Fortuna, which is Yomotsu Shikome + Valkyrie/Inugami.

For this block I've probably got the most use out of Oberon (Media and Mazio) and Valkyrie (Mabufu), though Yomotsu Shikome is still useful to start a battle with since it has no weakness, and there's nothing worse than an enemy advantage when your weak to their attacks.

As for Junpei, I agree that him not having Dia is incredibly annoying, but at the moment he still gets a place in my team since the Spiked Bat makes him easily the strongest physical attacker (and gives 99 accuracy). I'm also using Mitsuru and Yukari.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have everyone always at the same level... it's a policy I always have when I play RPGs, so I use Junpei. I don't mind though, his physical attacks range from Slash, Strike and Pierce, so it's useful when you wanna knock down Shadows not weak against any element. But yeah, his inability to use healing spells is annoying. I just got Aegis too. I prefer her original voice. It, doesn't, sound, like, this. The beach mini-game with the guys was fun too, and the end was pretty funny. I wish Junpei really went. <_< And the Yukari moment was weird... I was like "You shouldn't blame yourself." and she was like "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN. HOW LONG I'VE BEEN THERE. WHAT I DID TO GET HERE." Then things got a little... intimate.

I got Aegis at level 29 and everyone is level 22 - 25, so I'm just leveling up a lot still. I still gotta do the quests for the block too... this month seemed to go by quickly - a week of exams and 4 days of vacation. I got top score on my finals and Mitsuru gave me a card set(boosts one Persona's stats - I just sell them).
Nadistu wrote:
It's as amusing as teaching Serph from DDS Agi skills hehehe

I had everyone master the board... it was easier in the second. <_<

Jorge Prima wrote:

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When do the other characters join you? I got Akihiko recently, but I'm not hugely interested in a palooka when I can get a robot or whatever that shoots bullets from its fingers.

And what's the name of the guy with the suspenders and the fancified scarf? I keep seeing his silhouette in the opening and thinking to myself "that is one of the funniest damn things I've seen".
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Leb *Spoilers*
I think Fuuka joined on the 13th of June (and replaces Mitsuru's job) and after that you can use Mitsuru as a fighter. As for the others, I'm not sure.*/Spoilers*

I just beat the level 59 boss. It took me two tries, the first time he killed my main with Hama which I couldn't do much about. The second time I used Media pretty much every turn with Fortuna, swapping to Principality/Sarasvati to use Recarm (revive) when needed. I eventually ran out of SP before my team mates killed it (Mitsuru casting Bufu, Akihiko using Zio and Tarunda and Yukari on Heal/Support) so I had to use one Bead Chain, one Balm of Life and a Medicine. Definitely the toughest boss so far.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wait for Hierophant. Don't be afraid to use Patra. It'll save your life. <_<

Leb: Uhh... can't remember the exact date but Aegis joins the third day of your summer vacation. It might be 7/18, but don't quote me.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: