Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Anyways Synchisi, I dont blame you for dropping your rouge, because most of the people that I know who play rouge's say they are absuredly tedious to grind with, not to mention level. They are good for pvp, but aside from that you cant really find a great deal of uses for them in early raids like Kara.(essentially they are secondary dpsers until you get out of Karazhan) Maybe their Hero class will be interesting enough to "force" people into lvling them.

That's pretty much the exact opposite of everything I've seen people say about rogues. They're incredibly easy to grind and level with due to the immense DPS they can put out, and the fact that they don't need to take mana breaks; rogues can essentially fight forever, whereas just about every other DPS class has limits due to mana.

Kara's fine with my rogue, I routinely top the DPS list when I'm able to go. Same with Gruul's. The biggest problem with rogues is that they bring absolutely no utility to a group, and their DPS is fairly easily replaced by a mage, warlock or elemental shaman (or well-geared hunter). They're often seen as a mana drain to healers because they have to be in melee range and they have negligible passive damage mitigation. I could keep going, but that's about the short of it. At this point, there is absolutely no reason at all to take a rogue into an instance over any other DPS class, essentially becoming by far the most worthless PVE class in the game.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah well, I just started playing Friday. I have a level 20 Human Paladin right now. Been soloing everything mostly except a few things. My friends who I joined up to play with initially, are all level 70. So it's been pretty lonely to begin with. Anyways. The names Saeverud on Feathermoon server if you're interested.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I started playing because of my friends who are all level 70 so I'm just playing catch-up right now. Sucks for me though because my wireless connection is terrible so it really prevents me from playing as much as I'd like, but I'm hopin' to get it all sorted out pretty soon.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've given WoW the boot. I found I was logging in just to talk to my guildies but the game itself was dull. When I then saw the preview of the next expansion and it didn't make me want to keep playing, I realised it was time to move on.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say after messing with it on PTR, the in game voice chat leaves two impressions:

1. The quality sucks. I pretty much figured this, but for some eason people expected the quality to rival ventrilo.

2. Blizzard actually got ideas from the plaerbase and implemented them. The mute option is nice, no need for me to have to hear the level 56 paladin who has been that level for 2years spamming in trade chat.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that it's finally time for me to admit that I'm done with World of WarCraft. I told myself that once my buddy got back, I'd start playing again...and I told myself that if I played a different class, or was in a better guild, or on a different server or something that it would be fun again.

I'm pretty sure I'm lying to myself again. I may give it one more shot, but then I think I'm done with it.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the interesting things that Lineage ][ did that I'd like to see in more MMORPGs was they built MSN messenger into the game. You could literally sign into your MSN account through the game and keep in touch with people outside the game while playing.

Course links to websites and bumps and image sending and all that fancy stuff was removed, but just the fact that you could talk to all your MSN contacts while grinding made it so much nicer.

Don't disillusion yourself parallax, just a new character is not going to reinvent the game for you, if anything you'll get yourself stuck there to keep in touch with people but not enjoy the game at all. That's the trap I've fallen into many times across more than one MMORPG.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Syn wrote:

That's pretty much the exact opposite of everything I've seen people say about rogues. They're incredibly easy to grind and level with due to the immense DPS they can put out, and the fact that they don't need to take mana breaks; rogues can essentially fight forever, whereas just about every other DPS class has limits due to mana.

Kara's fine with my rogue, I routinely top the DPS list when I'm able to go. Same with Gruul's. The biggest problem with rogues is that they bring absolutely no utility to a group, and their DPS is fairly easily replaced by a mage, warlock or elemental shaman (or well-geared hunter). They're often seen as a mana drain to healers because they have to be in melee range and they have negligible passive damage mitigation. I could keep going, but that's about the short of it. At this point, there is absolutely no reason at all to take a rogue into an instance over any other DPS class, essentially becoming by far the most worthless PVE class in the game.

Just wanted to say that I'm starting to realize that as well. When a Rogue goes with me to an instance, I can't help but give the "meh" reaction. I prefer other types of DPS too. Mages can run with the rogue's DPS but they can also AOE during those annoying fights when adds become a problem. Warlocks can buff people with their imps along with their healthstone/soulstone skill. Even hunters are a class I prefer to bring along instead because a lot of us run with the 41,20,0 Beast Mastery specialization with that ability (can't remember the name off the top of my head) that increases all damage done by the party by up to 3%. It activates often as well.

Parallax wrote:
I believe that it's finally time for me to admit that I'm done with World of WarCraft. I told myself that once my buddy got back, I'd start playing again...and I told myself that if I played a different class, or was in a better guild, or on a different server or something that it would be fun again.

I'm pretty sure I'm lying to myself again. I may give it one more shot, but then I think I'm done with it.

Heh, I'm starting to stare at that boat myself and I'm almost aboard. It's only because my Dungeon 3 armor refuses to drop when I instance for it. In my spare time, I've been trying to gear up for Karazhan for 2 weeks now. Attunement process is complete, but now it's the gearing up I'm dealing with. Unlike questing, this relies on nothing but luck. I must have run Steamvaults 16 times already and yet not one of the two pieces have dropped. Really frustrating.

So I'm just farming now trying to craft as much of my gear as possible because at least that's an outcome I can influence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe my boat is actually quite a bit worse. Although I do understand very well the frustration of trying to gear up at 70, my situation is pretty much that I have no one to run instances with, and certainly no one to raid with. So I can do PvP if I desire, which is fun sometimes, but the sheer amount of Honor that I need to buy the good level 70 PvP items is staggering - playing an endless stream of Alterac Valley, it would still take me weeks to gear up.

And of course, I have no desire to play an endless string of Alterac Valley.

My account is actually frozen at the moment because I neglected to update my credit card on my account. It wasn't deliberate, but I'm in no hurry to remedy the problem. I think I'm pretty much ready to let the dream die. I have other things to do than sit around and play World of WarCraft.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked up WoW again since my boyfriend has been working and we've had less and less time to spend together. I've gotten my Druid to level 49 since I've respec'd to feral (hoooray! I can kill things that are a higher level than I am!).

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently not playing. I haven't had the time, and I plan to quit anyway. I'd much rather get and pay for Pirates of the Caribbean Online, anyway. Enjoy WoW, y'all.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havent played for along while.
My former comrade has made his way to lvl 70, and left me in the dust.
So now its catch up time I suppose
My name is Eldean, level 23 hunter on the Mug'thol server.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I transferred my character from Sentinels to Greymane. XD Go me! *goes to level some more*

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played WoW for about year now. My highest lvl is a 50 hunter, the character use to be my main, now I have a 23 mage I play on Thorium Brotherhood.

I've got to the point now, where I'm getting tired of playing, so im goin to go back and play Suikoden 1-5! Especially after registering here, it's fueled my interest again.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I'm actually posting in this thread... but is anyone here on Sentinels or Terrocar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: