Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

More suikoden Titles!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that if they made more Suikoden games the quality of the games would totally depend on the time and effort that the developers put into the making of the Suikoden that they make. I mean that if the developers do not try to hard and just slack off by being lazy and not puting much effert into the Suikodens that they could make then the quality would go down and many fewer people would want to buy it resulting in fewer titles being made because of the loss of money that they would suffer. If they sell many new copies and gain loads of money they would likely make many Suikodens to come.

Regarding how many Suikodens that they could make I believe that they could easily make three or four more Suikodens, but it again depends on the time and effort put into the making of the game. All of this just depends on what the developers do with the series.They still have so much more to explain within the Suikoden world

They still would have to explain the whole pesmerga\Yuber theory (which I believe would have to be the last game unless something new and big was brought in, the 27 true runes would all havse to be revealed otherwise many Suikoden fans would be very dissapointed, the Hikusaak clones would also have to be explained, and any other new ideas that are put into the following Suikoden games. For all we know 13 new theories will come from Suikoden IV. But we just have to hope that many new Suikodens come out.

But all of this raises the question: What would all of you do if they just stopped making Suikoden games. I for one would be highley dissapointed and would be saddened by the loss of in my opinion one of the greatest game seriesed in all of history. My gaming life just wouldn't be the same without Suikoden. Suikoden is one of my favorite rpgs so I would be down to just the final fantasy series. All I can do is hope that there will be many more Suikodens to come.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they stopped at Suikoden IV it would suck so hopefully the producers of the game will keep us hardcore fans going for a while because there are so many areas and things going on that we haven't seen.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am definitely against this idea, because it will totally ruin the whole Suikoden meaning, we do not want another version of Final Fantasy kind of games (with no offence to Final Fantasy fans). I just will not accept the idea of seeing lots of characters without truly having the time to know each one of them since the characters of Suikoden are the only thing that differentiate Suikoden from other games.

Let us pretend that they did make more of Suikoden games, in your point of view what will be the outcome of doing it, if you ask me it will only make it dull and boring, since we will be dwelling very fast in its world and story that will result in making it more and more uninteresting.

Sometimes I do wish to see more of the Suikoden games but would not to want see a lot of them, what I want is to see more of the characters story in a single game and see more about what happens after finishing the game.

At last, I just want to say for the fans of Suikoden who wants to know more about its world that we only have to wait more so we can enjoy every moment of playing and knowing its secrets, and as they say patience is a virtue.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the series the way it is. If they pumped out the games a lot faster there wouldn't be the same depth to the characters. Can you imagine creating 108+ characters every year or two?

The characters would be cheapened and stereotyped, the stories would get repetitive and the little extras we all love would fade away. The strength of the Suikoden series is in the fact that it all exists in one world, and that everything ties in so that you could track any character's life without finding plot holes.

With games like Suikoden I cannot play them only once. I have to go through at least twice to find strong parties and get familiar with the story. In contrast I haven't played through a single FF more than once since FF7, as there's not really that much more you can do.

In summary, I want Suikoden to stay the way it is, with well planned and carefully thought out plot, interesting and likeable characters.... and superb replay value.
Masked Bishop

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I most certainly would not object to a few more Suikoden games. As long as Konami doesn't start crapping one out every year like Squaresoft has started doing with Final Fantasy. I think, though, that unlike most series, Suikoden must have some sort of ending. Because, one way or another, Konami will one day discontinue the series. So, some sort of finalisation is needed. They can't just end the series having only revealed, say, twenty or so true runes. That'd be blasphemous.

I'd cry for years if Suikoden caught hold of the dreaded Final Fantasy disease (if it isn't obvious, I'm not the biggest FF-fan). I want the series to end some day, just not anytime soon.

I do not make sense, and for this I apologize. I am not the brightest bannana, and I have not slept in a couple of days. Forgive me.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Kobold on the age thing and yes, I mean before Suikoden II, the only nations we had heard of were Scarlet Moon Empire/Toran and Jowston City-State.

But with the release of Suikoden II, so many new nations were revealed. Actually, that IS when every nation was released. So they could just introduce a new set of nations in Suikoden 4, or any other upcoming Suikoden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: