Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Statistical Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea how people can get pissed off over this. I don't see any logic. iscalio's comment seems the only reasonable and logical stuff I've read here so far. Further explanation is requested.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? My chef analogy is better.

I think I explained what is fundamentally wrong. Highland intends to make money for something they've always done, and always done with their interests put first. They're collecting this information anyway, but now they want to try to hock it off to those not in their aliance forum to make a cheap buck.

And of less importance to me (but still another significant fallacy) is that this is being extended into the political spectrum of the war game. If this isn't to wholly further their agenda and protect their allies from having to pay like the rest of us would, I don't know what is.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're saying they have a system they've developed that collects info, and they're saying they wanna sell the info to nations they are not allied, etc. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Why should they give the info away for free if they put in the effort to collect the info? Why would they give it away to nations they are not friendly with? What incentive would they have to show generosity? Why shouldn't they put "their interests first"? Every nation acts upon their own self interest, after all. It's completely consistent.

Also, if there are other nations that collect similar info, what reason do they have to get pissed off? Because Highland is the first nation to try and sell the info off? If that is the case, that's just getting angry over somebody having a better idea.

I don't see nothing wrong with this at all so far. Somebody explain to me what's actually wrong.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The update has been a very successful and popular addition to all nations who have had access to it which so far has been those nations which Highland has sent ambassadors to. It's not intended as a minute profiling of each nation, rather it details the total gains of each nation per session and then highlights the most active and prolific posters in the nation for which it has been assigned to. The update isn't a generic 'one nation fits all' post, each one is nation specific. So if INF chose to get one then most of the info would detail the gains of the INF members.

The general result is that people will try to improve and out-do their fellow nation members which is always a good way in which to boost activity within each nation. The information is shared within the public board of each nation so it isn't some secret information which is hidden away.

If you don't like the idea of it then fine. No need to get quite so worked up about it, especially when I think you are mis-understanding the concept of the update.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you're kind of misunderstanding what exactly the Stat Update is, Leb. It's just a fun little comparison of activity between the forums nations. A pretty comprehensive one. It's a fun little thing that presents the information in a unique way, and the Custom Score that the Barracks mentioned is a cool way of encouraging friendly competition between countries. 50,000 potch isn't much, and you get the first one free. Why don't you check it out, and if you think that you can get all of that information yourself, organized in a cool way, and so on-- then you can start sharing it with your allies for free.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highland are offering a service and like most services they're charging for it. If you want the various stats then you buy it from them and if you don't then simply don't. I fail to see how it's unfair of them to charge you when they're the ones who'll be doing the work to tailor the results to your nation.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not have problems with them making the buck. The profit does not concern me. It is the way in which it is being made.

Can someone explain to me how pawning off the scraps from our battle preparations and war planning is reasonable? Please.

Can any of you see how polarized this is? It just so happens that Highlands allies are coming to its aid, while its enemies protest. Huh. Funny, that. Why not just come out and say it, then. This is to make EASY MONEYS FOR US FROM YOU, YO. I might even drop my complaint if that's put in the opening post.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How exactly are they "pawning off the scraps from our battle preparations and war planning"?

Perhaps you don't know what the actual reports look like, because the info is gathered entirely by Highland.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye aye. The fact of the matter is here, if you don't like it. Don't buy it. I personally wouldn't really see the need to get it, but then again, I'm not a nation leader or anything of that importance. I'd be happy to harvest the information myself though.

So, I'd think for some people, it'd be a case of "Thank you for offering, but no thanks". I'm guessing that's all it should be taken as :|

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Perhaps you don't know what the actual reports look like, because the info is gathered entirely by Highland.

"Our" being hypothetical of any nation. I say it because I'd find it repugnant if any one of us tried to pull this, not because I think Highland is using other nations' gathered information.

Why does any nation gather intelligence? We know the answer. So, not content collecting the information to help out with war planning, they'd like to turn around and sell it off. Money is not the issue. If Highland can prove that information is being gathered when (and only when) a request comes in from somebody, I would be fine. But Highland already has this information, tucked away in its Leaders forum for personal use against us.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we have an example?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you don't like the idea then don't buy it - the reports are not for the purpose of war planning, it is simply a way in which to score a members activity within the nation which in turn promotes more activity.

You are taking this far too seriously and blowing this out of proportion. the updates are simply for a bit of fun. the reason our allies are speaking up is because they have had some experience of them rather than the fact they will save a whole 50,000 potch.

Last edited by Decado on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you can have an example by PM. The stuff reported in the Stat Update has very little to do with the war game Leb. Very little. It's meant to be used to encourage activity within your nation, not as a tool for the war game.

edit: Decado got there first...

Last edited by Gil-galad on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This might be off a little, but I happen to think that there is something not inherently right about trading information of any sort, commonly gotten or not, across non-allied lines. I just think that much the way one set of nations keeps information and the method to gather which to themselves unless sharing with allies, other nations should just keep their information and methods to [themselves] unless sharing with allies. It just avoids all of this confusion and drama entirely.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still don't see what the fuss is about.

Highland has no incentive to give away info for free to nations they are no allied with, while they have incentive to help out their allies by providing intelligence.

Highland's report is basically just publicly viewable stuff that anybody can see, but arranged in an easier-to-see format.

If anybody other than Leb has some other problem with it, speak.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: