Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters on the loading screen.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Characters on the loading screen. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard somewhere that someone was annoyed that only the hero appeared as a walking sprite on the loading screen. After playing the game a little this is obviously false as I've seen the following characters there.

Hero
Chiepoo
Jeanne
Jeanne + 3 cats

I know that Chiepoo and Jeanne are linked to having that character in your party, my question is what other characters can appear on this screen and how did the 3 cats appear? Random perhaps?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found it to be random.

I've also had raggedy-Snowe and one of the other Nekobolds (Champo) as loading characters. I'm only getting the other Snowe costumes now, so I'm not sure if they'll change when I have him in my party.

Both of those characters, by the way, only seem to appear on the loading screen if they're in your party.

And of course, the Tenkai has two guises, uniform and non-uniform.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John: you're on New Game +, yes? I am almost certain it looks at who is in your party for your first play through, but it could randomly pick any character on New Game Plus, including all the different Snowes.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you sure Harukaze? I have not seen anything but:

Snowe (several costumes)
Hero
Hero in trainee uniform
Jeane
Jeane plus cats
Champoo
Chiepoo
All three nay-kobolds

Are you sure you can see every character?
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I've had Jeane, Jeane with cats, Snowe in a variety of costumes (on a regular game it is based on what he is wearing and if he is in your party or not), the Hero and the Hero in knight gear and Chiepoo. As Harukaze mentioned New Game+ seems to enable all the loading screens which are then used randomly, HOWEVER you do not need to have had someone in your party to get their loading screen. I only ever had Jeane in my party once (to steal her Lightning Rune) and I still got the Jeane loading screen on New Game+

EDIT: Everyone's Grudge, there aren't loading screens for every character- what Harukaze was saying is that once you get New Game+ that all the loading screens that exist are enabled, not that there are loading screens enabled for every character.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I believe that you only have a certain number of loading screens that are all unlocked in the new game+ and can only be unlocked otherwise if the stars are in your team.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. I agree. I think that new loading screens get unlocked after New Game+. I've seen all of those loading screens mentioned but haven't seen anything else... I did get the 3 nekobolds, Jeane (w/cats), and the Hero, and all the others. I just wis Viki got one. But to m e all the loading screens were random. Though only some of them appeared at certain times in my first playthrough...

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had:
Hero(uniform)
Snowe
Jeane(cats)
Chiepoo
Champo
and all 3 Kobolds
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can get screen savers off of Konamis site of the little runners (somthing makes me want to put text under them reading "i got to go to the battthrooommm! ><;"

its nice they added quite a bit, even if it may seem biased. moreso if you don't like Nekobolds or Snowe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The screensavers are alittle blurry though. I have Jeane for my screen saver to complete my Suikoden Theme. I wish I could edit it and zoom the Jeane out so she doesn't look so pixelated. (Is that a word?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I wish I could edit it and zoom the Jeane out so she doesn't look so pixelated. (Is that a word?)

Yes.

Does anyone know what the trigger is between Jeane alone and Jeane with cats? I've had just Jeane in my party, but still gotten the Jeane with cats loading screen - and sometimes even gone back and forth (eg, having the same party but having the "now loading" switch between Jeane and Jeane w/cats as I went to different areas without changing the party). Is it just having all 3 cats recruited or is my game weird or what?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have nothing to back this up with but I think Ted has something to do with Jeane and the cats. It could be just coincident but I had Jeane as my loading screen every since I got her since she never left my party. And the cats started to appear as soon as I recruited Ted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe once you get all THREE Nay-Kobolds??

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Is it just having all 3 cats recruited or is my game weird or what?

Dark Horizon Angel wrote:
Maybe once you get all THREE Nay-Kobolds??

I could be entirely mistaken, but I sorta think someone already thought of that, DHA.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is just random. I got Jeane w/cats from the first time I got her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: