Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V: Efficient method of gaining Skill Points?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anya567

48097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V: Efficient method of gaining Skill Points? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello, i just joined ^_^* (hi~)

I have a question. I bought for myself Suikoden V some weeks ago.
Right now I finished this game, and want to power up other characters I did not use very much.

I am having trouble finding a good method to gain skill points.
Can somebody in this forum give me advice where is the best place?
I think there are many people here with experience for this game...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your best bet is probably the Sindar Ruins at the end of the game, mainly because it has the most difficult monsters in the game. Although someone else may/probably have a better idea to get your skill points up.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Uji said, the best way to gain skill points at the end of the game, is either at the Sindar Ruins where the final boss is fought, or the ruins where Eresh takes you. The best way is sharpen their weapons up and equip them up, and then use the Manly Formation special. You should defeat most things in one or two rounds.

Also, if you're strengthening them up for a New Game plus don't bother. Just get your strongest members and do the same thing, then just gain SP with them and put it in the Party SP stuff. As only Party SP carries over.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anya567

48097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna
Very difficult name, are you a Japanese person? ^_^
Thank you for the advice.
I tried the Sindar Ruins at the end, but it becomes very hard to get there.
I was hoping maybe there is another place?

Milan Fiori
Wow, you are a very old member here. Thank you for taking your time to reply me. I did not try the ruins of Eresh, but I first have to understand where this is. Sorry, I also do not know what "New Game plus" is... sorry...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anya567 wrote:
Milan Fiori
Wow, you are a very old member here. Thank you for taking your time to reply me. I did not try the ruins of Eresh, but I first have to understand where this is. Sorry, I also do not know what "New Game plus" is... sorry...

It is a sidequest, perhaps it is worth looking "Eresh" up in a walkthrough or something?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can you slight directions, but it's easier to look it up. Go to the big hole, where you should have recruited Levi, and did the quest with Jeane. There should be alittle girl there who asks for your help. Take her to where Jeane had to go, and an new area will open up.

As for New Game plus, when you beat the game and make your final save. You can load it back up and start a brand new game. With all the Party SP, Potch, and unequipped items in your inventory and warehouse. And all the formations you've managed to find.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your best bet is to trick out a core group of 6 people who are great physical attackers and use the illusion formation. Just go to the snow outside the final boss Sindar ruins and go to town. If you aren't able to use the special skill for the illusion formation to kill everyone, than your party should be able to take everyone out in one or two turns.

You'll want people like Georg, Richard, and Killey. Equip Richard and Killey with Fury and Double Edge runes. Just fight until you have the amount of skill points you want. This is also a good time to have people equipped with prosperity rings and the like, as well as having Babbage in your entourage.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you should try the eresh dungeon. after finshing 5 to six enemies go to the end of the dungeon this is where you fouhgt a boss the boss will come all over again.
Blue Knight Miklotov

Blue Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Human opponents generally net the best Skill Points on a collective whole and are easy to dispatch--especially if you want to train people earlier in the game.

Now, obviously on a time scale this is going to take longer as a whole, but if you're like me, then you like to have everyone pretty much at full--or near full--potential before Sol-Felana.

Early in the game, a good place is the Lunas woods path where the group of solders chases you.

They each give about 20 party SP (and 30 personal SP). Plus, with Eggbert and Babbage you can rack up a good chunk of gold because you'll receive about 3500 gold plus a bunch of armor and Knight runes which can be sold four about another 3000 a piece.

After that, any of the sieges (Doratt, Sable, etc.) are a great place. Just bring a Great Firefly rune with and switch out characters as needed. The one problem with Doraat is the lack of a save point so Sable is obviously better for this--that means you have to do the Armes pursuit war battle though.

The biggest problem I have with the Lunas snowfield is the not easily being able to switch out characters because Luci is in SF. The bridge is a hike. A minor inconvenience, yes, but one non-the-less.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What i do is go to the Sindar ruins at the end, and make my three teams. I fight through the already completed maze, go fight the boss with each party. After I beat it with Prince's party, I go back, and say I want to leave, then do it all over again. My Prince is level 75 now, and I have top weapons/armor for everyone in the game. Everyone I use and/or even like a little is at least in the 60's now. And even if my 3 parties have all their skills, I just dump their skills into the party pool after I'm done.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can fight the three sub-bosses at the final dungeon over and over. Just come back to where Luserina is after defeating one or all of them, then repeat the process over and over.

Before access to that place, Old Armes Kingdom/Dungeon/Tombs is definitely the place to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: