Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

ship setup(possible spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: ship setup(possible spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im having trouble beating the last ship battle called the final engagement...how do i beat troys ship, as well as the others...please help, i wanna pass the game tonight!
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any recommended setups??? thanks
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember off hand but if you can still get to it, Elenor offers trial battles of ship combat. In her room across from Lino's Room. You might know this already but I figure I'd put it on there just in case and since I don't remember that particular fight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ill try and check...the battle im talking about is the LAST ship battle against troy and kooluk, this is where you have 4 ships of your own against 3 kooluk ships
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just take out the two Kooluk ships before Troys ship even reaches you. That should be easy enough. Then gang up on the lone one.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Just take out the two Kooluk ships before Troys ship even reaches you. That should be easy enough. Then gang up on the lone one.

after i took care of the 2 other ships, troys ship destroyed all my ships...lol, what was your setup?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try this:

Hero Ship
Captain - Haruto
Rune Cannons - Maxine-wind
Pablo-Fire

Grishend
Captain - Kika
Rune Cannons - Paula-wind

Gaien Ship
Captain - Katarina
Rune Cannons - Konrad-Fire Jeane

Obel Ship
Captain - Axel
Rune Cannon - High Lightning

Of course you can fill in empty rune cannon spots as well and be sure to add fighters with the most underlings to get the ships HP level up so it can survive.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Neclord on Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheNeclord wrote:
Try this:

Hero Ship
Captain - Haruto
Rune Cannons - Maxine-wind
Pablo-Fire

Grishend
Captain - Kika
Rune Cannons - Paula-wind

Gaien Ship
Captain - Katarina
Rune Cannons - Konrad-Fire Jeane

Obel Ship
Captain - Axel
Rune Cannon - High Lightning

Of course you can fill in empty rune cannon spots as well and be sure to add fighters with the most underlings to get the ships HP level up so it can survive.

thanks ill try this
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh one more question...should i try and board the enemy ships?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should only try to board if you have strong physical attackers with good equipment, that are at level 40 or higher, and have at least a level 10 weapon. THe enemies are somewhat difficult.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It isn't pretty, but I always ram Troy's ship - he has, I believe, 4 different orbs and that's just a bit too random to guess for me. I've never had problems taking down his fighters with a level late 40's to early '60's leveled party.

Just make sure you have enough health on the ship you're going to ram him with that you won't die from it! Try to keep it out of combat. (I used the main ship, IIRC, for Troy-ramming purposes...Man that did not sound right, but I digress.)

The other 2, I think, only have 2 and aren't so hard to guess, so I would just play guess-the-rune with them, and try to draw them to different corners of the map if possible so they can't gang up on you and your crew.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you need another suggestion, I have one for you. A minor warning, but you will need a good enough amount of money for this to work.

Giant ship:

Captain:

Hero: Mobility +20, Hull +10, Move +1

Rune Cannons:

Jeane: Lighting-60
Ted: Earth-40
Ameria: Wind-30
Pablo: Fire-30

Support:

Mizuki +8
Dario +15 *
Tal +15
Rachel +8

Grishend:

Captain:

Kika: Mobility +20, Range +1

Rune Cannons:

Warlock: Earth-60
Viki: Fire-40

Support:

Flare +20 *
Keneth +10 *
Lo Fong +8
Gretchen +6

Gaien Ship:

Captain:

Lino En Kuldes: Mobility +20, Move +1

Rune Cannons:

Maxine: Wind-60
Katarina: Water-40

Support:

Rita +8
Millay +8
Sigurd +10 *
Reinbach +15 *

Kooluk Ship:

Captain:

Jango: Mobility +20, Move +2

Rune Cannons:

Konrad: Fire-48
Wendel: Lightning-40

Support:

Mitsuba +8
Paula +10 *
Helmut +20 *
Hervey +10 *

Now, my strategy lies in the ability to strike numerous times. You'll take plenty of turns and move plenty of spaces with this setup. Remember that the Giant ship can attack three panels, so if you keep getting close to the enemies, alternate movement, so that you keep attacking its front/ for example:

=====>=== <---enemy (attacking your ship, plus signs indicate attack)
=====+===
=====+===
====>>>== <--- you (3 spaces wide)

So you retalliate by moving like so . . .

=====>++^=
========^=
========^=

I hope that explained it a little. Just keep attacking the weak spots with your range and mobility and you'll be fine. But you need some money to buy runes for some of the characters using those rune cannons. Without runes, they can't fire the cannon. Wendel and Viki need one and maybe others. I don't really remember much off the top of my head. Every fighter can fire a rune cannon, but no one really goes to the trouble to equiping them all with a rune. I did, but I only went by the guide and gave them runes that suit their affinity. Ted and Viki can have 40 attack power for all the other elements too. I just used Earth and Fire to balance it all out.

As for your support troops, feel free to use any powerful person. But the ones with the asterisks add the most soldiers, so I reccommend using them and leveling them up, especially. If you still have enough money, then buy them Diamond Gear or anything that maximizes their protection. And upgrade their weapons if you can.

The most important piece of advice if you decide to use these people I listed:

DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THEM WITH ELENOR AS THE RECON PARTY TO EL-EAL. If they follow Elenor, they won't be able to be used in that battle.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found myself often using the Grishend with high mobility and equipped with Jeane(Lightning) and Someone with the rune advantage that had a decent stat. I would bide the time with Grishend until they attacked another of my ships and moved the Grishend into a postion that it could attack from the bow or rear. I leveled up the Hero's Ship in Armor so that it would take good hits. Also I used Jango and Brec as captains and Hero sometimes but only when I need to. He was a good fighter. Lino I tried not to use as a captain. Have a good boarding ship.

I thought the best strategy was to specialize in certain aspects of the ship battle. For me; Grishend for quick, clean hits; Hero's Ship as a Juggernaut in close combat; Kooluk and Gaien ships for diversion and to slowly take out the health before I move in with the Grishend. Worked for me through pretty much the whole game but Elanor was really helpful with teaching me what to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Libido_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

also I've noticed the enemy will keep firing the same rune shell that defeated your rune shell and will switch only when its last shell is matched/defeated
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put the Hero and Snowe (both level 55 with level 12+ weapons and Hero with Fury Rune) as battle characters then just got a fast enough ship to drive all around the battlefield kicking butt with their Unite attack. I did try at first to use my rune cannons but after I lost my first three ships I stuck with what I know. There is no need to bother with all the rune cannon crap when you can rely on good old fashioned combat. Just make sure that you have enough rune-power on the ships to counter the stuff fired at you and avoid the big ship's cannons- it's too unpredictable. Stick to that strategy, though and it should be no problems at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: