Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lazlo's Survival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think that gathering the 108 stars help cause that help the Rune of Punishment Move on to it atonement phase.

Quote:

Lazlo had a natural affinity with the Rune of Punishment as he was born whilst the Queen of Obel had the rune itself.

Not if the queen came into the Rune of Punishment after she had Lazlo.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I belive the queen possessed the Rune of Punishment while she was pregnant and carrying Lazlo

I hate you Onimaru.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One simple answer.Hes a tenkai
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the above poster. He was the Chief Star of Heaven, and his story hadn't unfolded yet. Destiny wouldn't have allowed him to die at that point. His history for the next year ( or however long the duration Suikoden IV was ) was set in stone.

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Lazlo and his mother have a special bond with the Rune of Punishment it's self. When talking Lino said they were attacked by pirates and his wife summoned the rune from the ruins to her used it and battled this is when Lazlo went over board and was found by Commander Glen.
So as I see it the Queen of Obel spent alot of time studing the rune and it bonded with her. Now Lazlo was not harmed because of his second-hand connection and also his lengering exposser from that one battle. The shield can be writin off as the Rune of Punishment's rapping around him like a greeting.

CLERKS
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if the only reason he didn't die was just because he's a Tenkai, then I would say that was a lame excuse. It just doesn't make sense to me in the first place. It like saying that Lazlo wouldn't die because he's the main character, and if he would die, then the story would not work out.

It's a very unreasonable and unrealistic reason if you ask me. Would you say that the green shield thingy popped up out of Lazlo because he was the Tenkai of the story? Well then, if that's the case then the Queen of Obel must've been a Tenkai as well, with her own set of Stars of Destiny. But I highly doubt it, because I don't think all of that happened just because Lazlo was a Tenkai. I doubt Lazlo has the ability to defy the laws of nature just because he is a Tenkai.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Well, if the only reason he didn't die was just because he's a Tenkai, then I would say that was a lame excuse. It just doesn't make sense to me in the first place. It like saying that Lazlo wouldn't die because he's the main character, and if he would die, then the story would not work out.

It's a very unreasonable and unrealistic reason if you ask me. Would you say that the green shield thingy popped up out of Lazlo because he was the Tenkai of the story? Well then, if that's the case then the Queen of Obel must've been a Tenkai as well, with her own set of Stars of Destiny. But I highly doubt it, because I don't think all of that happened just because Lazlo was a Tenkai. I doubt Lazlo has the ability to defy the laws of nature just because he is a Tenkai.

Not at all, the world of suikoden and the true runes operate on some sort of "fate" type system, thats why certain people are singled out among other and assigned a star of destiny by heaven. They are special, they have special destinys and what was said by him being the Tenkai is that he was the "chosen one" so to speak, who would alter the course of the world or the island nations or whatever. much like Jesus, or Moses or other biblical figures. Fate wouldn't let him die, until he fufilled that destiny - in a perfect game that is.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Not at all, the world of suikoden and the true runes operate on some sort of "fate" type system, thats why certain people are singled out among other and assigned a star of destiny by heaven. They are special, they have special destinys and what was said by him being the Tenkai is that he was the "chosen one" so to speak, who would alter the course of the world or the island nations or whatever. much like Jesus, or Moses or other biblical figures. Fate wouldn't let him die, until he fufilled that destiny - in a perfect game that is.

That just sounds like an excuse for cheesy plot holes though. :P
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that, Onimaru. But it's exaggerating it too much that it becomes unrealistic when you say that the natural laws of the world would be distorted just because of that simple reason. You're trying to say that Lazlo survived because there was a green shield (which came out of nowhere, unexpectedly) which came out to save him just because he was a Tenkai and that he's not supposed to die. It's too unrealistic of a reason for me to believe.

I would rather believe in the theory that the Queen of Obel had something to do with it rather than the miraculous "green shield came out of nowhere, distorting mother nature's law, to protect Lazlo" theory because the former was a much more rational reason if you ask me.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed well hey - I didn't make the game, lol. More than likely it WAS a cheesy plot hole, and it was a great way to introduce the Rune of Punishment and show off it's destructive powers, they probably didn't think that we'd get indepth on the subject. Or they did, and just didn't care. While it's fun to speculate that he gained some affinty to the Rune while in the womb, or whatever - it wouldn't have made much of a story, and he wouldn't have made much of tenkai if he died right then and there. Also, note that the stars of destiny are heavily connected to the True Runes - so it's not that big of a gap to say that he was "protected" by fate when that fate is tied directly to the object in question (the rune of punishment).

I hate you Onimaru.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite frankly, Brandeu more or less tells you why when he says "I see... So you're next."

The Rune of Punishment needs someone around in order to transfer once it kills Brandeu, since Brandeu is about to kill everyone it singles out Lazlo to be spared to use as the next bearer lest it'd be sealed again.

Glen turns up after the duel with Brandeu which makes the rune transfer randomly like it usually does when there's more than one person around.

Using the green shield as evidence that it's his mothers doing is honestly rather silly, cause hello, she's in the damn rune. How can you know if the power stems from her or the rune? You can't really.

We also have to ask how the hell she can recognize him when no one else from the family has that ability? What mysterious power does the rune grant her that allows her to recognize her son, that she last saw when he was an infant, 15 years later? And at this point Lazlo hasn't been in direct contact with the rune so she can't have formed some sort of bond there.

Who knows, maybe it's a combined effort on the Rune and Mothers part? The Rune wants someone around to transfer to and the mother influences the choice.

Brandeu's comment makes it rather clear though that he's realizing that the Rune is preparing to transfer and that would be logical reason for sparing Lazlo.

Quote:
But there is a record. A green shield protects Lazlo. This green shield is shown again with the Queen, and nowhere else. Seems to me this is a key part of the storyline, and can't really be explained by "well that can happen to anyone" because it ...doesn't.

Unfortunatly the same argument works against it, this would be the only seen instance where one of the "memories" can actually influence the outside world. Nowhere else is this seen.

It also realies on the rather large assumption that the memories are the actual people rather than just memories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: